Thread: Nobody Said a Thing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aspiring Member

Nobody Said a Thing

Well, it was a bad weekend for me in most ways, but good in others.....

Friday night I was experiencing chest pains, and they weren't going away with my nitro, so I let the wife know that I needed to go to the hospital. It's not practical to call 911, the closest Rescue squad is half way to the hospital and they're volunteer, so it's just faster to drive the 15 minutes into town. Anyway, while the wife was getting dressed, I changed out of panties into guy briefs and we headed to the hospital.

So I'm in the ER, nice quick service when I told them chest pain and nitro wasn't helping. Up on a bed I go, off with the shirt.....bare chest with a couple days growth. They throw electrodes on my chest, pull up the legs on my sweats....smooth legs, just a couple days growth. Nobody said a thing, didn't blink an eye. A few hours later I'm up in the ICU, new batch of nurses, doctors, techs, etc. Same as in the ER, no one said a thing about my shaven chest and legs. Went the whole weekend, different people checking on me, doing their thing, giving me shots of blood thinner in my belly (them suckers sting like a bee after about 5 minutes, but don't rub or it'll bruise).

The only person who even said a thing, and it was a neutral comment, was the tech who prepared me for the stress test on Monday. She said "you're lucky you shave, people don't like it when I shave small patches to stick on the electrodes".

Anyway, they deemed it a minor heart attack, no major blockages, so no cath or stent this time and I got home Monday evening.

So moral of the story, no one cares if you shave you chest and legs (well maybe your wife), just do it if you want.
    Last edited by Renee W; 10-23-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo