Thread: Nobody Said a Thing

Aspiring Member

Nobody Said a Thing

Well, it was a bad weekend for me in most ways, but good in others.....

Friday night I was experiencing chest pains, and they weren't going away with my nitro, so I let the wife know that I needed to go to the hospital. It's not practical to call 911, the closest Rescue squad is half way to the hospital and they're volunteer, so it's just faster to drive the 15 minutes into town. Anyway, while the wife was getting dressed, I changed out of panties into guy briefs and we headed to the hospital.

So I'm in the ER, nice quick service when I told them chest pain and nitro wasn't helping. Up on a bed I go, off with the shirt.....bare chest with a couple days growth. They throw electrodes on my chest, pull up the legs on my sweats....smooth legs, just a couple days growth. Nobody said a thing, didn't blink an eye. A few hours later I'm up in the ICU, new batch of nurses, doctors, techs, etc. Same as in the ER, no one said a thing about my shaven chest and legs. Went the whole weekend, different people checking on me, doing their thing, giving me shots of blood thinner in my belly (them suckers sting like a bee after about 5 minutes, but don't rub or it'll bruise).

The only person who even said a thing, and it was a neutral comment, was the tech who prepared me for the stress test on Monday. She said "you're lucky you shave, people don't like it when I shave small patches to stick on the electrodes".

Anyway, they deemed it a minor heart attack, no major blockages, so no cath or stent this time and I got home Monday evening.

So moral of the story, no one cares if you shave you chest and legs (well maybe your wife), just do it if you want.
    Last edited by Renee W; 10-23-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo

Well at least the outcome was good.
    Take care and don't worry about shaving, it has it's advantages.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you are OK thats the main thing.
    Get well.

Platinum Member
    Glad it was deemed minor. Take good care of yourself and keep your legs and chest shaved! Stubble is gross!

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, scary stuff!

After my last minor MI, I told everyone at the hospital that I was going to start manscaping, so there wouldn't be any hair for them to pull out. They laughed at me, but I've been shaving since.

I work in a hospital, and trust me we get to see far worse things. Body mutilations, slashers, piercings gone wrong, infections. You were probably a relief for them. In fact a smooth body actually makes their jobs easier. Sometimes they have to shave. Sometimes the creams and ointments can get kinda messy in really hairy people. Sometimes less odor. From a med tech's standpoint, you're a dream to work on. Also, with alot of the questionable people they get to work on (Prisoners, mentally ill, drug OD's and heavy users, abused people, even men and women who are there to have "Stuck" things removed) they are probably the most non-judgemental people in the community. Medical people don't care who you are or what you're into, they just want to make you well. The more truthful you are with them, the better they can help.

I would tell my friend (an ER physician) things I wouldn't tell my mother.

Oh, and by the way, I'm glad you're in good shape. Take care of yourself and skip the strenuous stuff for a while. We need all the CD's we can get to make the world just a little more cheerful.

Hugs,
    Staci

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Glad you are better and it was minor. i am convinced that shaving and medical situations just go together.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Hey ;the main thing is that you're OK and no other problems. I'm pretty sure the medical people have seen far worse things than totally shaved bodies and sexy lingerie.I was in for some CT scans and I was shaved ;earrings and nail polish;staff never batted an eye .
    Paula
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Beleive me they have seen it all many a times! The good ones never say a thing! I would of left the panties on! The main good thing is you are ok!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for all the wishes and thoughts on my health condition. I think this time I will take my recovery a little bit more seriously than I did when I had my first heart attack in 2009. Back then I didn't take the time to return myself back to a healthy condition, no cardiac physical therapy, just didn't think I had the time, too busy. This time I am going to take the advice of the trainers on Biggest Loser and place my health above almost everything else (caring for my disabled wife will still be a priority). I am going to ask my cardiologist for a script for cardiac therapy and actually make time to go. I really regret not doing it last time, I never seemed to built back up my strength and stamina the first time. I am also going to quit smoking, so far I haven't had one since I went in the hospital Friday!

I turn 50 next week, and I'd really like to make it another 30 or so, so I am going to make health a priority. Although crossdressing has been a major stress reliever (even more so since my wife found out a year ago), that alone will not lead me to a healthier life. I think this time I have listened to the wake up call and will not hit snooze.

Thanks again to my friends on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by ME2.0 View Post
    I work in a hospital, and trust me we get to see far worse things. Body mutilations, slashers, piercings gone wrong, infections. You were probably a relief for them. In fact a smooth body actually makes their jobs easier. Sometimes they have to shave. Sometimes the creams and ointments can get kinda messy in really hairy people. Sometimes less odor. From a med tech's standpoint, you're a dream to work on. Also, with alot of the questionable people they get to work on (Prisoners, mentally ill, drug OD's and heavy users, abused people, even men and women who are there to have "Stuck" things removed) they are probably the most non-judgemental people in the community. Medical people don't care who you are or what you're into, they just want to make you well. The more truthful you are with them, the better they can help.......
    We have a friend who is an ER room nurse and her stories are pretty much what you posted. She probably shouldn't be telling these stories, but she's not mentioning names so I guess it's OK. No harm to anyone.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Only thing that matters is your ok you can always shave later.
    Renee

Im glad it turned out ok for you .i shave too hate the regrowth but they didnt notice take care of yourself