Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not so comfortable experiences with shaved legs

Not so comfortable experiences with shaved legs

Ok - so it seems that the consensus of those who shave their legs haven't had problems with people noticing or asking about their hairless gams. There must be a few of us out there who have had uncomfortable experiences or situations when others have noticed. Anyone want to share?

Thanks

Eva D.

No. Not me.
    Unless people are accustomed to seeing you with legs that look like Sasquatch or Chewbacca, I don't think people pay much attention to these things. If such a thing is really on their minds, perhaps they have some inner issues they need to deal with.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    None here.But I was never all that hairy.

I just told my relatives that when I reached my mid 30's, my hair on my legs grew alot more than it had before and it constantly itched, especially under blankets while I was trying to sleep. My wife finally told me to try shaving the hair off. I've never itched since. While it may not be completely truthful, it was good enough for them.

I guess the truthful side of it is: I am more comfortable without leg hair, and I don't sweat or itch as much without it.

Besides, how uncomfortable can they make it? Just turn the tables on them and ask them "Why are you so peoccupied with my legs anyway?" That ought to stop anymore conversation about it.

Hugs,
    Staci

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Years ago I did shave my legs for a short time. My own wife did not even notice until I brought it to her attention! Then she told me that people could hardly see any hair on my legs anyway, so why bother to shave them! So I haven't shaved them since!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

The worst i've had was one girl who said "Your legs are better shaved than mine" she sounded jealous.

I tell a lie, one other girl made a slightly disparraging comment about roadie cyclists who shave their legs, I said, "nah, the cycling thing is a bit of an excuse, I just prefer it." She dropped the subject.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I did this summer. I said cycling. But. Actually am very much into cycling for many years now. But. You just have to own your life. People can ask once and u can answer how you choose. If they harp on it. They are the one with issues so its easy to divert the focus back onto them by raising an eyebrow and asking why theyre so interested? That shuts them up.

I have had shaved legs since July 3rd, 2012, not that I am counting or anything. And the worst thing anyone has said is:

"Hey do you shave your legs?"

I said yes, I do, and that was that.

Furthermore, I have been wearing clear-coat glossy and shiny polish on my nails for over a week now. Not one comment, from family, friends or the dude at the drive through.

Nobody cares. Even more specifically, nobody is paying attention to this stuff, and the ones who are probably haven't figured out the why.

Life is too short to worry about stuff like this. Go for it. You'll be surprised at how cool it is to bleep with the world around you!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Nary a bad word....not even a comment....ever.

I never had hairy legs to begin with so it has only been questioned once and I have kept them shaved over a year and a half now. It was a co-worker and she asked if I shaved my legs and I replied why are you checking me out? that was the end of the conversation completely. No one else has ever noticed.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Same Here I shave mine all the time and nobody has ever said a thing--------and I live in an area where shorts can be worn most of the year. Don't sweat it!

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

'Fraid you must add me to the nope list!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

No one will notice unless you take them out in a short skirt and heels, presentation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post

You are funny!

I'd like to ask a question regarding this this Thread: How many of you cut your knees or ankles when shaving?

As a GG having lots of experience (decades) shaving with razors, always trying the 'latest & greatest' i.e.: the Venus line. I still cut my my knee area or ankle area.

About 10 yrs. ago-I had 'had it', so I had the hair from my knees down removed via laser. Also, armpits, & other areas.

Haven't shave my legs or my armpits since.
    I was fortunate at that time in my life to be able to afford it, but certainly could NOT now.

Anywho-anyone who can 'swing it' I highly recommend it. I hope one day I can give this as a Birthday, Anniv., or Christmas present to Tara!
    The two hardest areas for me are my knees and the back part of my ankles. I can shave my back better than I can those spots. I have to be laser focused to get the hair and not bleed out. I am also using the Venus but the blade is too wide for a couple of close areas. I have to use a thinner blade for those spots.

Interestingly, my leg acne has completely cleared up since I have been shaving. I don't know why, but I love the result!

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

How are you able to shave you back? Double jointed? Long arms?....Just curious.
    I stretch every day to have good flexibility, and I am ambidextrous so I can use a razor with both hands. Usually I leave only a small patch in the middle of my back, but luckily my hair stylist does full back hair removal. Between those, my wife usually gets that elusive patch between the shoulder blades.

That spot up against the Achilles tendon, however, is almost never properly shaved!

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

Silver Member
    I'd like to ask a question regarding this this Thread: How many of you cut your knees or ankles when shaving?
    Not my knees, but I cut myself on the ankle a few times pretty bad, almost left a scar. When I was doing my electrolysis training, one of the first areas I practiced on myself was around the ankles and feet for that reason!

I shave my own back too, I can reach behind my back and do it with either hand. It is fortunate I can, because I don't have anyone else to do it for me.

I only ever had two comments on my legs being shaved.
    One was a female coworker (I wear shorts most of the time). We were standing with another lady and kidding around and she reached over and stroked my leg at the knee saying "Smooooooth". I just said, "better be I just shaved them". End of discussion.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have always wanted to (and not just my legs but the entire body) but I have to change into scrubs inside a locker room full of guys every other day for lab. I don't think most of them would notice because they would be too preoccupied with changing into scrubs themselves and worrying about dissections. However I'm the type of person who cares too much what other people think and I would feel weird if even one or two people noticed it regardless of whether they bring up the topic or not. So I plan on shaving my legs starting next year when I don't have to worry about changing in front of others. Only time stand in my way.

Serena

Not me,,,, First time I shaved my leggs walked out side an got right at the end of the driveway an a whole bunch of people were standing there with pitch forks an torches an chased me half way across town ,,, That's why I just shave a wear long dresses or skirts so those folk can't see my shaved legs . If I do where shorts I make sure I cover them up with tights or hose so they can't tell . Just something to think about ,,Ya can't ever be to careful ,,,LOL,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

If you have trouble shaving, why not use Nair or have them waxed? My wife goes back and forth between those two.

I would love to shave my legs but so far, my wife is against it. I may bring her around someday. What I sometimes do is use a "men's groomer" with a 1/2" or 1/4" guide to just trim the hair shorter.

I would really like to get my back and chest waxed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My ex wife was visiting with me the other day and I was wearing shorts....I ouch elate oops I mean epilate them so they are smooth, and she did not notice they were smooth and hairless but she did comment on my weight loss and said I had lost a lot of weight in my legs....hmmmmmm

But then I have very little and fine body hair anyway. I have less on my arms than most women do, and a lot less on my legs than women do. She didn't notice my eyebrows either, but then my glasses kind of hide them anyway.

never had hair on my leg have had a few ask just reply was born that way and that ends it Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Aspiring Member
    I have permanently loss the hair on my shins and below...probably from boots and socks from friction. I was hoping that leggings or something would do the same further up, but I doubt it. People really noticed when I wore shorts because of a definite line of hair/hairless. I pluck some of it less denser to ease the line. I found out it is more common than I thought. I see alot of men out there with hairless legs and they really do not stick out any.

My leg hair is very light so my main reason to shave them is the tactile feeling I get when anything rubs against them. It's like there has been an insulator removed and I can feel everything. Very sexy. Anyway, I wear nylons most days and they look and feel better with shaved legs. BTW, I'm lucky in as much as I have about zero chest hair (maybe 10 of them) and no back hair to contend with anyway. So it's just legs and pits about twice a week.
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Kewl, u have a great system going! I used to always keep this for cuts: 'My Nik Is Sealed Easy Roll-On Applicator'.
    Have you ever heard of using Duct Tape for back hair removal? I did this for an ex.
    I had not heard of the duct tape method, but it sounds like it should work. And, my wife will love it if it stings when it's pulled off, so that's kind of like double prizes for her. Both of your suggestions are really good ideas. Thank you.

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb