Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does the vehicle matter?

No getting rid of the Jeep Tonya...we think its cool and we don't need to hear the muffler when you pull up...we just hear the music playing!!!

I see I am not the only Vette girl here. I have a 2003 50th Anniversary edition, black and red. I love it, as I tell people, it is the only thing that keeps me sane some days. Of course it is a very noticable car, and I used to worry about what people would say if they recognized a girl driving "my" car, but I am out now and it is still my car, LOL. As for girly versus manly, the Corvette can go either way, so that works for me. I am a tall girl, and it has an amazing amount of legroom, plus you can get a huge amount of "stuff" in the back. Of course I have a bunch of vehicles I would love to own, a few more Corvettes, a Ferrarri (the classic Magnum PI version), a Viper, a Mustang or two, even a few of the two wheel variety (I used to ride a lot, loved it, then I got married). Are we seeing a common theme here? Yes, I love sporty, fast cars, always have. I have owned a slew of trucks, minivans and station wagons, but they were all "practical", not what I wanted for fun or pleasure.................Stephanie

Aspiring Member
    I often think about getting a car or a small SUV but haven't yet. I still drive ford 250 super cab with 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by kymmieLorain View Post
    Stephenie,
    american honduh may be located in the states but the principal owners and money go to japan. the american workers may get a dollar or 2 per part they put on the car but the rest go to japan. BE American BUY American.
    On the other hand, my feminine side doesn't affect my vehicle purchase, unless it is my tomboy side, LOL. If I really wanted a chick vehicle I would be a Jeep liberty. 90% of the liberty's I see are driven by girls.

Kymmie

Finally, someone else who realizes where the money goes.

ChelseyD
    Last edited by Eryn; 01-01-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Edited racist terms in quoted text.
    When all else fails............................... Read the directions!

Well,I built and drove nothing but hot rods ('29 Essex and a custom '46 Chevy) up until I went public with Paula .Even then I was a real hot rod girl until I had to sell off my '29 .... my estranged wife has the '46 now (sobs ).So when the '46 sells ,no more old cars in the immediate future;so I presently drive my '04 Highlander SUV.However once I settle in my new place in Alberta;I may look around for another old car to drive.Depends on the state of my finances and a place to keep it.I must say in all truth that it really makes no matter to me what kind of a vehicle I drive;as long as I'm enjoying my rebirth.
    Paula
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

I have a 2009 Jetta TDI. It is unisex. I also have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee as my knock around transporter. If VW would bring the diesel EOS to the US, I'd have one in a heartbeat! It too is unisex...

To me a vehicle is a necessity, not a male/female thing. I use my Dodge Ram for hauling boats, trailers, and tools, and my SO uses her Chevy Trailblazer for work also. The best part is we pay cash only for cars.

If you live in the US support the US. It’s real simple. I want to put my money into American jobs. Wouldn’t touch a foreign car.

I guess I fit in with almost everyone here, I drive a lifted 4x4 '88 F-250 for hauling stuff, and for playing in the trails. But my other side drives my 84' Celica. Sleek and sexy in every way I love to go out for cruises in girl mode in that thing. But I guess one of my dream cars would be a 1970 Mustang Boss 429..... I just can't keep my eyes off those things...

Good choice dear I love the mustangs. My friend has a GT 500 and when he tries he can get 25 mpg with it.

Gold Member
    My wife has a Fit (she has them often actually ) and I give it the big Meh. It isn't a bad car altogether. But large headrests mess with visibility, no acceleration, and the seat material she got lets every bit of trash attach to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ME2.0 View Post
    Cynthia, Is AMC allowed? I just love my '73 Gremlin.
    I learned to drive in a '72 Gremlin and drove it a lot for a few years. Loved the thing. I never thought of it as ugly but then there was the Pacer....

First generation F 150 lightning pickup. Doesn't get much mileage but fun to drive lots of low speed torque. I also bleed ford blue.

I thnk it may have. I bought a blue metal flake '32 Ford Highboy Roadster. I am sure Henry Ford didn't offer the car in that color in 1932, but I just had to have it.
    Debbie Karver

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    My feminine side didn't dictate my choice of vehicle. My fiancee, however, did...so perhaps it is my "feminine side," from a certain point of view.

She wanted a Ford Taurus, and ONLY a Ford Taurus. So what do I get? A Ford Taurus, of course...a 2011 model, which is big and cushy.

I don't mind driving it as Amy, though. I've even driven it in heels...well, ankle boots with heels, anyway.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Aspiring Member
    Unfortunately my male side decides what vehicle I am to drive currently it is a Ford 250 4X4 Super Duty. My feminine side would like to get something smaller but can't justify paying insurance on another vehicle at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I have a 2009 Jetta TDI. It is unisex. I also have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee as my knock around transporter. If VW would bring the diesel EOS to the US, I'd have one in a heartbeat! It too is unisex...
    I have a 2006 Jetta TDI. Love the fuel efficiency of that car. What do you average? I average around 44 in mine.

I just borrowed a friend's full-sized 4wd Ford pickup over the weekend to move some office furniture and stuff. As my wife and I were getting in it for the first time I mentioned "how difficult this would be to get into with a skirt on". She just shook her head but it's amazing/scary how much I catch myself thinking of the fem side of things.

Regarding the jingoism in a few earlier posts...and I'm not pointing fingers as I used to strongly feel the same way...but a few years ago my wife drove a Chevy, which was assembled in Canada, and I drove a Nissan Titan which was built in Mississippi. So much for 'American-made' based on brand name!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I don't have much choice we have a 35' fithwheel I need to tow so I Drive a diesel Ram 3500, but in the summer I pull my 65 Mustang conv. out for nice days. I love to drive my wife's ruby red Saturn Sky turbo(definatly a girl car). It's like a little Corvette only half the price.

I drive a Mazda miata and I love to dress up and drive around with the top down - but only after dark, I am still afraid to be seen.

Yes. My current vehicle. Cute sexy, girly but not too much so, and decent power for me. If only I could find a way to add some light pink highlights to it. lol. Maybe my brake calipers?
    http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ps76a68fd6.jpg
    http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ps86556443.jpg
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-26-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: img tags removed, pics are too big, read the rules please

I don't like taking my truck when enfemme (Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab long bed - way too much of a guy's truck). Not to mention, something about stepping out of my truck crossdressed as Nicole with a personalized plate that reads '1SIKPUP' is a little too labeling for my liking. I usually take my wife's SUV (Chevy Equinox) if going out as Nicole.

I drive cars in the evening shuffling inventory for a rental car company - pretty much driven everything from a Toyota Prius, Lincoln Towncar, to Escalades, Suburbans, & Lincoln Navigator. Of everything I'd driven, if I was to buy a girl mode car, I'd probably look into something sporting the a Mazda 3 or 6 - zoom zoom - great zippy girly cars.
    Last edited by Staci K; 01-01-2013 at 02:27 PM.

american honduh may be located in the states but the principal owners and money go to japan. the american workers may get a dollar or 2 per part they put on the car but the rest go to japan.
    BE American BUY American.
    KymmieLorain

Finally, someone else who realizes where the money goes.
    ChelseyD

KymmieLorain,
    I understand yours and ChelseyDs patriotism to stay "Made in America" (as I feel the same). But to focus on too narrow of a picture will allow us to forget where the real meat and potatoes of the solution is. Not just "workers getting a dollar or 2."
    (Base wages average about $28 an hour. GM officials say the average reaches $39.68 an hour, including base pay, cost-of-living adjustments, night-shift premiums, overtime, holiday and vacation pay. Health-care, pension and other benefits average another $33.58 an hour, GM says.)
    It is true Honda has a return of profits. But not all of the profits go to Japan. Its "principal owners" are also everyday Americans who own stock in the company. Those profits stay here. As I said before, it's American plants labor who are Americans - living here, spending here. It's advertising dollars (2011 - $600 Million) gets spent here. Utilizing the infrastructure here that needs to be maintained by American workforce. Etc. etc.
    The amount of residue profits ending up in Japan is very very small compared to the monetary impact America benefits from this type of arrangement.
    As much as I would like to believe Jeep is totally American, one must remember its not.
    For example, while Jeep's Patriot may be built in Belvedere, Ill., its transmissions originate in Mexico, Japan and Germany.
    You think most of the electronics in Jeeps are made in America? Sorry. They had to slow down production when Japans tsunami took out major electronics plants. And the list goes on.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Domestic parts content labels, required on all new cars since 1994 as a result of the American Automobile Labeling Act, denote the percentage, by cost, of U.S. and Canadian parts in a given model, as well as the final assembly location and country of origin for the model's engines and transmissions. If you're looking for a car with high domestic parts content, U.S. assembly and U.S. sourcing for the engines and transmissions, you'd get a different list:
    • Toyota Avalon: 85 percent DPC, built in Georgetown, Ky.
    • Honda Crosstour: 80 percent DPC, built in East Liberty, Ohio
    • Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator: 80 percent DPC, built in Louisville, Ky.
    • Buick Enclave/Chevrolet Traverse/GMC Acadia: 76 percent DPC, built in Lansing, Mich.
    • Jeep Liberty: 76 percent DPC, built in Toledo, Ohio
    • Chevrolet Corvette: 75 percent DPC, built in Bowling Green, Ky.

---------------------------------------

Sorry to kind of take the thread off topic, and I really didn't mean for anyone to run out and buy the Fit Hatchback because it was so fem. I just wanted to open a lighthearted thread about what we drive.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Ahhh
    My daughter wanted to buy a new car last year.
    We looked a lots of them, and las thanks giving her boyfried showed up they went car shopping.
    She bout a fit
    Burnt orange color.But it doesnt matter if its pink or racing green.
    The fit is pretty close to the UGLIEST car ever made
    just my opinion
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I like to drive through corners and curves really fast. There is no way I am going to trade in my Cayenne S for something like the first car image.

BTW, it tows 7,700# in basic trim.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I drive a lifted F250 and had a lifted dually. Always owned v8 or diesel trucks.

We recently traded in my Dodge Durango when my wife got a new car. I then inherited her light blue Mazda CX7. at first, I thought I may be a little embarassed, as it is a little more femme than the Durango. But, Cate feels right at home in it, so my other half no longer cares and actually is happy Cate won't have to drive anything too masculine!

Cate