Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser but straight

Crossdresser but straight

Hi all,

I am a crossdresser but I am pretty sure I am straight. I like girls and not guys that's for sure.

I just enjoy looking dressing up like girls. Is that weird?

Gina

Hell, NO!
    That's what most of us do here
    Loving life to the full.... At long last

That's the reality for me Gina.
    But the perception is VERY different.
    I shop at a cute little resale place in my town and the owner is a lovely lady who doesn't judge, one day while trying on a dress and asking her opinion she made a remark the indicated she thought i was gay, and she seemed sorta shocked to find out the exact opposite was true.
    You are NOT alone

XO

Penni

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    If you are weird then that covers me as well. Been dressing for a zillion years and have no interest in men, just love women, but rather oddly drawn to get dressed like one when I can...lol.

Most crossdressers are straight, about 80% or so. Exactly why we crossdress is subject to a whole lot of different reasons. Don't fret. You're in the majority of us. About 2.5% of all men crossdress on a regular basis, but nearly all of us are 'in the closet' because society doesn't accept males who identify as females in any way. Welcome to the forum. There are plenty like us here. Sadly, there are few if any single women here who accept crossdressers as potential mates.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Gina, to give you an idea of how not unusual that is, there has been organized groups and clubs for heterosexual crossdressers going back to the early 50s. You are certainly not the only one, and heterosexual transvestism is not a new phenomenon, you are one of many out there!

Why should that be weird?? It's a description of most of us I'm sure.
    Welcome to the Forum...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Your title "CROSSDRESSER BUT STRAIGHT" is an implication that you are of the opinion that crossdressers are gay or bi. You have so much to learn. I know that in time you will see the difference, please don't use the old social stigmatism........................ that "crossdresser" = gay or bi.
    It's almost like saying you like Elton John, or Ellen DeGenerus, or the rock group Queen, BUT I'm straight.
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 10-24-2012 at 02:36 PM.

In Ginas defense, many of us have been and are very much in the closet but wishing to interact with other crossdressers.. Let's face it, we all have the same challenges and joys with shopping, how, when and where we dress, getting caught, etc. And it is wonderful to be part of a sharing community online. However, i explored a number of sites before finding this one - and I'm glad I did - and in some, as soon as you join you get propositioned. I'm not into that and that is certainly not why I am here. So, if announcing orientation right up front puts off some of those unwanted advances, then that's not entirely bad. In the grand scheme of things, whatever one's orientation is fine. Here I'm just looking to be girly.

What's weird is that your pretty sure? lol I
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    What's weird is that your pretty sure? lol I
    Pretty sure she wonders "what is on the dark side?"...Everyone is entitled to their own attractions!

i'd say at least a good 60% of the folks on here that i have talk to on here are married counting me and i'm straight so no your not any wierder than the rest of us lol

I believe most crossdressers are straight. I am. I have never had a sexual or romantic feeling towards another male.

There are some on this forum who identify themselves as "transgendered" and that's fine with me, but some folks insist that any male who crossdresses is transgendered or gay.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    The majority of cross dressers are heterosexual.

Straight (but not narrow) here too!

I think the perception of the general (non CD) population is that guy that likes to wear women's clothes is gay. Obviously there is a lot wrong with that perception, but still that's what seems to be the thought. In reality, the percentage of CD's that are straight are most likely exactly the same percentage of males that are straight. In other words, if 98% of the total male population is straight, then you can expect 98% of the crossdressing male population to be straight.

That leads to the obvious conclusion that crossdressing and sexual preferences are separate phenomena.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Are Crossdressers Gay?

Contrary to what most people think, here are the facts written by a psychologist that studied this subject:

This is the worst of all myths about crossdressers. Most crossdressers

are in fact heterosexual people. In all surveys it has been found that only

about 5 percent of them were gay.

What percentage of the population is gay?

Estimates range from 2% to 10%

So the percentage of people who crossdress that are gay and the percentage of the population who are gay is pretty much the same. So being homosexual seems not to be a factor why people crossdress.

Think this may answer your question.

I'm in the same boat. I'm anything but gay and have NEVER had a gay thought. I LOVE everything about women and enjoy trying to emulate them.

Take crossdressing out of it for a second. Are you attracted to guys? If not, you're not gay.
    Is crossdressing, that you enjoy dressing like a girl, weird? Yes, if you ask the general public. No, if you ask us.

There's a difference between sexual preference and gender identification/presentation. All of us, crossdresser or not, come in all combinations.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 10-24-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added

I am pretty straight but I want to be curvy.......

My Dad use to tell a story about this man who walked everywhere he went because he was in to much of a hurry to accept a ride from some one passing him by! Now unless that was you then I wound not consider you weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I am also hetero and just love to crossdress, shop for womens clothes and do it all with my wife of over 30 years, so you are not alone.

Addicted to PANTYHOSE Maria_1969's Avatar
    I have a weird situation on my hands... I am Just like you, I am not into men, I love to wear female things and love to be in touch with my feminine side... The weird part is my SO is trying hard to get me to have sex with a man, its become a very hot thought for her and it does make us hot in fantasy.... Just don't know about that in reality. However, its a fact, most cross dressers are not gay... Maybe we just love women so much we want to be one too - sometimes. :-)

I think its time for me to ask that question here....
    "If pantyhose can make my legs look this good, imagine what they can do for yours" - Joe Namath

Banned Read only
    That fits for probably 99% of crossdressers

What??? I thought you were supposed to dress like a woman if you liked women. That's the way I heard it anyway. You mean there are some who like women but don't dress like them? Jeez, I guess I can get rid of all my stuff then.

Annabelle

Yeah I am pretty sure that maybe almost all, could be probably many or more with a few exceptions possibly are straight, sometimes, I think
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,