Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser but straight

I'm straight. I just happen to have a fem side that I enjoy.

i'm probably going to be a crossdresser until the day I die but when I pictured, as a child, the fantasy of being a grown man transvestite, that fantasy never included
    homosexuality. Now, being all grown up and having to grapple with this hand-to-hand struggle with my sexual identity, I still just can't picture any gay episodes for me.

That being said, I do understand that being dressed as a woman (especially one with 38d breast forms) can most certainly give off mixed messages. But character
    analysis is someone elses problem, not mine. I am a straight crossdresser who understands that in this world there exists gay crossdressers. Nothing more......dana

Definitely NOT weird. I did have the same dilemma when I first started dressing like a girl probably 7 years ago. I thought it meant that I was gay or just automatically attracted to the opposite sex, which simply was not the case.

I researched it quite a bit, and found that it was quite normal for cross dressers to be straight. Nothing weird about it at all.

Banned Read only

Smile Cross-Gender Inclinations and Sexual Orientation

Quote Originally Posted by ginawarp View Post
    Hi all,

I am a crossdresser but I am pretty sure I am straight. I like girls and not guys that's for sure.

I just enjoy looking dressing up like girls. Is that weird?

Gina
    Pardon me if the following seems a bit dry, but some of the theory and evidence related to the issue of “gender identity and sexual orientation” is fairly easily summarized. A conception of sexual orientation was elucidated by Lee Ellis and M. Ashley Ames in 1987. According to them, “… the neurological dimension of [gender/sexuality] may be thought of as occurring in two stages: the sexual orientation stage and the sex-typical behavior stage. … [M]ost of the neurological organization surrounding the first stage appears to occur during the 3rd and 4th months of [pregnancy], whereas that for the second stage primarily occurs during the 5th and 6th months” (Lee Ellis and M. Ashley Ames. 1987. “Neurohormonal Functioning and Sexual Orientation: A Theory of Homosexuality-Heterosexuality.” Psychological Bulletin. Page 239).

The gist of that statement is that the basis for what will later be manifested as sexual orientation develops in the early-middle part of pregnancy; the basis for what will later be manifested as gender identity develops in the late-middle part. Thus, those two neurologically-rooted aspects of adult personality are not one and the same; their neurological foundations develop at different stages of a pregnancy and are located in different parts of the human brain.

Now if it seems reasonable that sexual orientation and gender identity both have some connection to neuron clusters in the human brain, but that those are separate neuron clusters located in different parts of the brain, then there could be a correlation between sexual orientation and gender identity. They could be correlated, much as eye color and hair color are moderately correlated; but they could be completely uncorrelated, much as shoe size and a tendency toward baldness are uncorrelated. Just because two qualities both have some degree of genetic/neurological/hormonal basis does not tell us whether they are related or independent.

While either possibility is logically possible, the best guess based on the imperfect evidence available is that about 20% of crossdressers have significant same-sex romantic or sexual inclinations; the other 80% are essentially heterosexual. At the same time, about 20% of NON-crossdressers have significant same-sex romantic or sexual inclinations; the other 80% being essentially heterosexual. In short, many crossdressers are gay or bisexual; but crossdressers are not disproportionately gay or bisexual, compared with non-crossdressers. Thus, you cannot accurately predict sexual orientation from gender identity or expression. The two characteristics are a lot like shoe size and a tendency toward baldness — both have some biological roots, but the two are not significantly correlated.

So … your fondness for dressing in feminine attire is quite consistent with being heterosexual. If you are, then you would be among the 80%. That would not make you weird!

Silver Member
    Nope that is not weird, that is definitely me

Gina a guy that likes to wear dresses, asking if his sexual choices makes him weird, is funny, most people find wearing a dress much weirder than being either straight of gay.
    Yes your weird, we all are if you ask the general public, but here none of us are weird, welcome to the asylum.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I love women so much I want to dress and act like one.

Karen Sue

I am strait. I just enjoy the feel of womens clothing on my body and I enjoy dressing in it as well.

Banned Read only

Wink Gina Ain’t Weird — but Neither Are Those Who Ain’t Like Gina!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    In all surveys it has been found that only about 5 percent of [crossdressers] were gay. What percentage of the population is gay? Estimates range from 2% to 10%. So the percentage of people who crossdress that are gay and the percentage of the population who are gay [are] pretty much the same. So being homosexual seems not to be a factor why people crossdress.

I think that the essence of your conclusion is absolutely correct, but the percentages you state may be skewed a bit. If the survey researcher asks the question, “Do you think of yourself as heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual?” practically all US adults will say that they are heterosexual, a response highly encouraged by Western cultural beliefs about what is acceptable. Only two-to-three percent will admit to being anything other than heterosexual. But if you ask about specific homosexual behaviors, something approaching ten times that percentage will admit that they have occasionally dabbled in such actions. How you ask the question greatly affects the responses you will get. But getting back to your essential conclusion, “… being homosexual seems not to be a factor why people crossdress.” It’s just that the percentages may be 20 and 20 rather than 5 and 5 or 2 and 2, depending on how much latitude for fudging the specific question allows.

Oh, good... this thread is still alive. Maybe we could just sticky a thread entitled "Tell Us You're Straight Here." I think it would be a rather lively one.

(:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Yea straight here, but i look at it from a bruce wayne/ batman perspective ... Sans the crimefighting. But its a role i like to put on. Gives me a different perspective from the other sex
    the boy became the girl>>>> frances

Wow! Thanks girls! You girls are wonderful!
    Sorry if I have offended anyone.

Today I went out as a girl!! OMG! Finally after 5 years I went out of the closet! I went walking around my neighbourhood in San Francisco.

At first I was afraid that people will stare at me with strange look. After a while, I realised that they are not staring at me or anything!
    Phew!

Then I feel more ambitious and went to a supermarket to do my shopping!
    it is insanely fun!

Any crossdresser here in San Francisco?
    Maybe we can meet up!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Gina honey, you're in San Francisco. There are far weirder things there on a regular basis; one reasonably-passing T-girl wouldn't even register on the meter.

I'm perfectly straight, too, and not into guys at all. But I feel like my soul is part-female; even when I'm being my male self, Amy is part of me, and I'm part of her. And right at this moment, I'm just enjoying very much letting Amy be Amy here at home, without fear.

Funny thing the other night...my fiancee was getting into bed, and I was over next to the bed to give her a good-night kiss. She was wearing her old shorts, made from cutting off a pair of sweatpants, and a tank top. I was standing there in my purple dress and ballet slippers. We both thought, "Hmm...role reversal much?"

Don't worry and just enjoy yourself!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

straight here and I love expressing the full range of me

Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post
    It's almost like saying you like Elton John, or Ellen DeGenerus, or the rock group Queen, BUT I'm straight.
    I sooooooo want to be Elton John and his money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Quote Originally Posted by ginawarp View Post
    Hi all,

I am a crossdresser but I am pretty sure I am straight. I like girls and not guys that's for sure.

I just enjoy looking dressing up like girls. Is that weird?

Gina
    I am pretty sure I am the same. LOL

"pretty sure"

me too straight but i ll love to have grl in my bed when i dressed nd v could explore some lesbian fun.

I'm straight too. It confused me when I was younger because male bodies were completely ugly to me, and I thought that CDing meant you had to be at least bisexual.

If I ever see pix of CDers, I don't want to see naked body parts, but the curves or accessories.

Welcome to the club, you will find you are not the only one, we are out there but due to the stigma we keep to ourselves, you are in Netherlands right place to find guidance and support.

i am a crossdresser and i can finally say i have stepped out of that dark closet of life and it feels good!!!! As for being gay, idk.. never been w/ a man but i can say i have fantasized and i have crushed.. JUst revealed to my crush of 14 yrs, (i worked w/ him 14 yrs ago, and then we both moved away and due to facebook i found him.) Course i sent a message telling how i felt and he never responded..... a bit of a let down but also a relief as i can now have closure and get on w/ life
    Hugs Michelle

I have come to terms with myself... I am a lesbian trapped inside a man's body. I apreciate the softness and femininity of a woman.

Gender and sexual attraction are different things, Gina, and not necessarily interconnected. So, yes, you may be a genetic male, with a transgendered personality and still be attracted to genetic females.

Gina

I'm the same as you!!!! Love getting dressed up and getting out. I don't what to be a woman but love dressing, acting and looking like one. I enjoy passing and also not passing. Either way it's a high and really turns me on. I love watching and talking to GG's while dressed. I really appreciate a well dressed good looking woman because I know a little bit about what they go though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Gender and sexual attraction are different things, Gina, and not necessarily interconnected. So, yes, you may be a genetic male, with a transgendered personality and still be attracted to genetic females.
    I agree.
    That's what kept me confused for so many years. Gender & sexuality is pretty complicated. We are all snowflakes....every single snowflake is different in it's design.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Most crossdressers are in fact heterosexual people. In all surveys it has been found that only about 5 percent of them were gay. What percentage of the population is gay? Estimates range from 2% to 10%

So the percentage of people who crossdress that are gay and the percentage of the population who are gay is pretty much the same. So being homosexual seems not to be a factor why people.
    Vicky, need to correct your math. I agree with your percentages. about 10% of the popularion in general are gay. but if 5% of cross dressers are gay, it is 5% of some smaller percent. So even if 10% of the population is a crossdresser, that means that 5% of that 10% are gay crossdressers or just 1/2% of the population. This makes sense as gay men tend to like gay men, not men looking like women.