Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you got a girlfriend/boyfriend did it reduce your desire to be a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by helena.gcd View Post
    I remembre that when i was a teenager i felt very bad about my need to wear girl clothes. I thought that it was something i needed to do because i didnt had a girlfriend and that the need will disapear when i find one. That day came. I got a girlfriend and for a couple of months the need disapeared, but then it came back. I felt even worse about it. I just couldnt understand it.

Well, that was long time ago, many girlfriends and many tries to quit crossdressing, but thankfuly now I have accepted who I am and Im really enjoying everything minute of it

Babe, I know exactly how you feel. Been dressing since I was 4 yrs old and as I got older I figured it was because I wanted a girlfriend and when I found one it would go away. NOPE!! Even with girlfriends past, I still felt that something or should I say someone was missing. Yup - It was Krissy all along. She was my girlfriend since I was 4 yrs old and I didnt realize how strong she was until I was in my late 20's. She never sabotaged my relationships with women but she was always there to pick me up and help me move on. Weird? No I guess not, I guess it is more to me then crossdressing. Oh wow!!! Maybe I need a doctor or someone to talk too. LOL

If your subconscious identifies as a girl being in a relationship with one could increase not decrease the desire because you will want to become more of what you already are by sharing her body and life through intimacy so live through a woman by proxy.

You than live with the paradoxical experience of relief and frustration from the dysphoria so have a love hate relationship with "intimate relationships" because you are trying to "become" through another.

Aspiring Member
    When I got married I was very busy, but it was never far from my mind. I gave it up for a while but she came back. Finally realized she is me, can't throw myself out.

When I have had a new girlfriend I tend to spend most of my energy and thoughts on her if it is serious. I still want to be a girl, have as long as I remember, but I tend to focus on the task at hand as it were. I usually slow down a bit and may even stop dressing for a while but it always returns. The longer it has been the stronger it returns. I usually do not tell anyone about it unless I get to the point I feel it will be accepted. If I have doubts I keep it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I'm with Stacy on this one. Being around someone with all those pretty clothes didn't help.
    I wonder if that is why I always wanted to do all the laundry? Or more to the point did they ever wonder?

Thanks for your answers everyone!

The verdict seems to be that any reduction in desire to CD is almost always temporary.

The answers were about CD'ing rather than the desire to be a girl, but they were still informative and interesting to read. However there are people that really want to be a girl that don't get the feeling strongly enough to say they are TS's.
    Last edited by Andrea J; 10-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.

To the OP:

I might have "forgotten" to crossdress when I was with a woman in the beginning. However, eventually my crossdressing feelings has returned. So the answer is, only temporary, because the pink fog is always there.

I think that any distraction would reduce the desire to crossdress for a time, but for me being in close proximity to a woman ultimately increased the desire. It's like a chocoholic being married to confectioner!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I always said that once I got a girlfriend I would stop crossdressing. That's not true LOL...I actually do it more now. Not necessarily with her though. I just really enjoy it, and eventually I'll tell her. Maybe she'll accept it, maybe not...but its not going to affect my decision to continue crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    DEPENDS ON THE GIRL

some women make my CDing dropp to zero (0)

Having a girl friend is a short distraction but I always return to being me. That's the problem I'm not me in a relationship. So after its over I surge like making up for lost time.

Just to qualify my answer, I don't desire to be a girl, I'm a simple CD'er. When I was young I thought that having a girlfriend might lessen my desire to dress. Turns out it didn't. It was even tougher because I got to see all that nice, feminine stuff up close.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I'd say so, when I start going out with a girl it always reduces my desire to dress. I guess it's more about letting her be "the girl"and just assuming a traditional role as a male. As time goes on though, I see fashion shows or things like that and the desire to go out and dress comes back.

there were times in my life I cried out to be a girl, now to be honest, I don't know if I want to be a girl or just look like one.
    the question of which really is pivoting on my wife. I could not be her husband if I was a woman.
    (she would not have it that way, if I was not her man)

my wife is the closest friend I have on this earth, I need to protect that. on the other hand, I have a very hard time getting excited anything but being a woman, it consumes my thoughts.

I don't get aroused dressing, I'm just driven to it. maybe I like to be seen, but I want to be seen as a woman. in every way,
    looking like a guy in a dress don't do it for me. I wish I had my facial hair removed years ago. (still have it) beard growth is the worst thing I have to deal with.

my wife likes me with a mustache, however currently she likes the kisses better with out it. (I'm glad)
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

For me ..no. Once we are to the point where we dress and undress around each other and see her doing intimate things like shaving, makeup and stuff, I am reminded of all the things I want. I do not think a single moment has passed in my life where I didn't wish to be a girl.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?