Thread: Who's more unique?

Who's more unique?

Do you all feel unique or different as CDs? I feel unique even without CDing in public. So, if I get the nerve to do it in public, I'm wondering if I'll feel too hopelessly different from everyone.

Although I don't envy those of you who are tall, I envy those who are married or have a GF. (I also envy those who are good looking. I looked okay most of my life, except in my grade school years, when I felt rather ugly, and now I don't like that my face seems to be too gaunt, which I hope I can fix nutritionally.)

I don't mind being a virgin over 60, but I'd like to have an SO.

I'm a bit too independent and Aquarian and awkward and I've had too many other interests all my life to take the time to have a GF for long. I did have a long-distance GF/fiancee in the early 90s. Actually, I wasted 20 years following a religion that promoted celibacy. It was a good religion by and large, but it had some nonsense ideas like that. It also promoted vegan diet, which harmed my health after 20 years.

So I'm envious of all you married CDs and those with GFs. And, if anyone thinks you're more unique than I, we may need to have a contest.
    Last edited by LelaK; 10-24-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Your story is quite intersting! I may not be more unique then you but I do enjoy my life even though I'm alone! With that being said welcome to the forum!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Sorry, no contest. Let me just say, i am unique. you are unique, and everyone here is unique. We all share that label. Just my opinion, but I think that unique is one of those labels that cannot be put into a comparative format. Similar to "a little bit pregnant." Now if you want to talk specifics for being strange or far out, or different, or etc. i am sure you will win some categories, but I have been here long enough to know that there are a lot of other contenders who have some different categories locked down...lol

Enjoy your uniqueness, it is a gift only you can have.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Yeah, I guess I can say I'm unique.

We are all snowflakes, darling.......every single snowflake is different in it's design. Humanity is not much different. Does society accept this?

I wear womens clothing. It's just me. it's what I do.....rather, it's what I am. I can't go back.

I own a home, I pay taxes..... so I spend my income on some poor young dude from Iowa that catches a bullet and dies in some mountain in Afghanistan, in a war that probably will be ignored and forgotten.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-24-2012 at 11:35 PM.

I think just about everyone is unique in their own way. Some embrace their uniqueness while others just put it in the closet and leave it there as I did for far too many years. I think those like yourself who embrace it really should be commended. I think what Nathalie said about the snowflakes pretty much sums it up.

I never went to bars to pick up someone. I always felt awkward just to randomly start flirting with a woman. I tried dating sites and I actually had quite a bit of luck. It ended up with me meeting someone totally accepting of me and we are now engaged. If you haven't tried it, and finding someone is high on your priority list I say give it a shot. It can't hurt.

I spend my income on some poor young dude from Iowa that catches a bullet and dies in some mountain in Afghanistan, in a war that probably will be ignored and forgotten.
    Oh, I'm really sorry. Was this your BF? I hate these wars and the war machine that produces them.
    Last edited by LelaK; 10-25-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    [QUOTE=Barbara Ella;3000000]Sorry, no contest. Let me just say, i am unique. you are unique, and everyone here is unique. We all share that label. Just my opinion, but I think that unique is one of those labels that cannot be put into a comparative format. Similar to "a little bit pregnant." Now if you want to talk specifics for being strange or far out, or different, or etc. i am sure you will win some categories, but I have been here long enough to know that there are a lot of other contenders who have some different categories locked down...lol

Bingo!!! Hit the nail on the head again Barbara. We are all different relish in it.Maybe relish on it IDK.

[QUOTE=Tracii G;3000036]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ella View Post
    Sorry, no contest. Let me just say, i am unique. you are unique, and everyone here is unique. We all share that label. Just my opinion, but I think that unique is one of those labels that cannot be put into a comparative format. Similar to "a little bit pregnant." Now if you want to talk specifics for being strange or far out, or different, or etc. i am sure you will win some categories, but I have been here long enough to know that there are a lot of other contenders who have some different categories locked down...lol

Bingo!!! Hit the nail on the head again Barbara. We are all different relish in it.Maybe relish on it IDK.
    Bam!

Nicely written.

There is no way to objectively measure uniqueness, right? Confirmation bias suggests that whomever would be judging said contest would award the contestant that most closely fit the judge's previous idea of unique. Ultimately that would reward the least unique contestant!

Given the infinite possibilities of existence and the universe, the probabilities of any two of us having the exact same lives are equally and infinitely small.

We should all try to find commonality where we can, but know that we are also different.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Am I the only one who is just the same as everyone else?

Yes you're unique, just like everybody else! Actually, believing in mumbo jumbo like astrology is not that unique at all...

Hi,

Every one is unique,

just some of us are just so different we dont really know what we are, or do we, a contest hmmm not sure on that, id lose any way, Any way how can you compare one person with an other its unfair because we all are different in our own ways,

To me & it may be naive to think can we not just build each other up. you know where one lacks the other can help.
    no matter what the issue is, a partnership can be like that, iv found that out through Jos, even when things get hard to bear,

As youv said wasted time in your life i dont think so , you may , yet its not wasted i can say the same thing i know what your talking about, oh dont i,

You know what iv learned a lot through those.... waste land years, or no mans land.

I think youv seen a few things & that can help you to change little details at first then later on more things,

im 65, iv changed a lot over the last few years, even Jos has said that, & knows me better than any one 37 years i know so,

How long do ....you ... have to sit on the fence To get a sore bum...a....i know iv done it, not any more,

Time for some real changes some thing to think about, if ya wont a natter P M me . im up for it, .

...noeleena...

I believe everyone is a unique individual in their own right. The challenge is to get to know them for who they are , not who they appear to be. My one and only rule for friendship is to always be yourself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm just as unique as the next person...... and don't think that I'm any more unique ........ for a crossdressing hockey playing engineer! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Life is unique all in itself...no matter our gender, job, or anything else we as humans are all unique. While many have similarities we are like snowflake's....no 2 are the same.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

Just lose a bit of your uniqueness and maybe a partner will just happen.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Unique yes we all have aspects that are unique.
    But we also all are the same as well.
    We all need the same things, just at different times.
    Some of those needed takes alot of work in discovering, what they are, and where they are.
    Being alone often can be as bad as being crowded to often.
    War is a necessary evil, to hold off evil.
    At least I have came to except that maybe in thast large cosmic picture we humans were undecided in that great struggle between good, and evil, morality, and immorality.
    Maybe we each saw the things positive and negative of each side, and couldn't decide.
    This resulted us having a human life.
    For all of the mysteries of the unknown, we do have the ability to imagine things even if some of us are a minority.
    What better way to discover than to be what, and whom we wish to be, so as long as no one else is violated.
    I am sure many among us are atheist, or agnostic etc. to me that's irrelevant.
    Neither beleif harms anyone.
    I beleive there is a Heaven, and I beleive all no matter whom they are are equal, that is I beleive that judgement will come based on how one lived their life.
    If no one else is hurt, then whom was wronged? no one.....
    Ok enough cosmic wanderings lol!
    [COLOR=Pink]I am [/pink]