Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has checked into a hotel dressed and how was the experience?

Who has checked into a hotel dressed and how was the experience?

I'm going to plan a weekend away trip and the last time I did I changed into drab before checking into the hotel. I totally chickened out but wanted to get feedback from others that have checked-in dressed. I know I would feel really weird but at the end of the day I don't think it matters all that much because the person doesn't know who I am and I'm sure they see it all the time. Please tell me about your experiences as I'm thinking of an overnight get-away in the very near future.

What the hell do you care ? That's how you build your self up ,,, Do it outta town ,, Then yull get lazy like me an just do it in town ,,Then all over town then in front of everone who knows you an then ,,,Well you know it's hell being Lazy ,,,LOL,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I check in dressed a few times a week. If it's a hotel chain (I like best western) they won't bat an eye. They all have policies protecting you. Smaller mom and pop motels may give you the stink eye, but in the end they too will take your money. My band and crew has more trouble than I do, usually asking if they can split a single room six ways. They also party all night, I like my shut eye. I get some long looks when I get back from the show. Sweat stained from head to foot, fried from the lights, mascara running, and looks like rodents have taken up residence in my hair. Ahh... the glamorous life of an entertainer.

I went to a small out of town TG get together last year. I checked in in drab but I had to tell them at the front counter that I belonged to the Tri ess group staying at the hotel so I could get my discount + they gave us all a block of rooms on one floor. So they knew we were coming ahead of time. A few hours later I went back down to the front desk and asked for them to call me a cab. It was all good

I once went to an out of town party dressed as a schoolgirl in a micro skirt, ankle boots, a little cheek showing and a half sweater....makeup was perfect and had a cute Bob wig....all about confidence, I don't care what others think! Oh yeah I stayed at la Quinta.... Had a few stares but it was a rush!

I have done it a ferw times. Act like you belong there, and all will be OK.

I checked in dressed for the first time last Winter. Usually, I have driven to my destination dressed then changed just before getting to the hotel, but this time I just didn't feel like going through the trouble.

Walking into the hotel, I had to pass a few people smoking outside. No problem. At the desk, I wasn't treated any differently than I believe I would have been if I'd been dressed as a man. The two women behind the counter were polite, and even 'chatty'. I got my room keys then, of course, had to walk what felt like 10 miles of hotel corridors to find my room.

After dropping off my bag, I walked all the way back out to my car so I could drive it to a closer parking space, then back in to my room through a side entrance. In all this time, I must have passed dozens of people in the hallways and parking lot. I didn't get a second look from anybody. The ONLY difficulty I had was that it was about 15 degrees F out and windy. Walking through the parking lot was bloody COLD with my short skirt and tights!!

In the morning, I was dressed once again to check out.

All in all, it went much better than I EVER could have expected.

For those interested:
    Day one check in, sweater top, above the knee black skirt, black tights, flats.
    Day two check out, white shear top, ankle length floral pattern flowing skirt, hose, heels.
    Last edited by Cristi; 10-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

If your money is good,no one cares! And they know you aren't apt to trash the room because girls don't often do that! lol Just do it and enjoy yourself!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Exactly what Rogina said... You money is worth as much as the person who walked in before and after you.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

hotels are great!...love to go out of town and dress....just stay away from any Motel called Bates Motel.

My first time checking into a motel as a woman was about fourty years ago! Don't remember too much about it but do remember a blond wig and the green dress I was wearing! I do remember I was one nervous girl!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've checked in and out of a couple of hotels with no problem.

I've checked in to one in male clothes with full make-up after a MAC appointment. One lady couldn't stop looking, but the other took my money with nothing more than a smirk. I can handle that.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

We've had mixed reactions too, from raised eyebrows, to double takes, to no changed expression at all. But ... and this is important ... they're all happy for the business.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    I check in dressed a few times a week.
    I don't think I would have a problem checking into a hotel either if I looked as good as you do. You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by mirandacdgirl View Post
    hotels are great!...love to go out of town and dress....just stay away from any Motel called Bates Motel.
    These days any hotel with that name are probably CD friendly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have checker in en femme and had no problems

I've done it a few times now both in the UK and the USA and always received nothing less than politeness.

My wife and I did an entire week of traveling throughout New England about a year ago and stayed in everything from the small seaside resorts to the big chain hotels. I have credit cards in my name and most of the time I did the registering. Never had a problem and didn't notice any odd looks (but then I don't watch for them anymore).
    If you act properly (respectful and courteous) you will get the same in return.

Just go and have fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi.

I had to fly 1800 miles to get to a hotel in Austraila , then get a taxi. the Hotel was the Mercure hotel in Sydney .& we had 160 people there not including many more people staying, coming & going over 3 days,

& 2nd time was another 1800 miles by air then train to Katoomba west of Sydney some hour trav & we had 85 of our people there in the Carrington Hotel .again 3 days,

On both counts i did the photography .

The 3rd one was in Christchurch 2 1 / 2 hours from us by car, with another group of 70 people though i bailed out & went to my friends place to stay the week end,

Iv never had any issues, i get looked at, thats normal . when you have a camara in hand & takeing pics then people will look at you,

...noeleena...

I did the hotel thing for the first time this past summer. Though I didn't check in dressed, I had a makeover done the next morning. After the makeover I was in and out a few times before I left for the day and there wasn't a single gasp, scream, or crazy scare. The makeover sent my confidence through the roof and with no crazy reactions I just acted like any other female guest. I loved every minute of it.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I have credit cards in my name and most of the time I did the registering. Never had a problem and didn't notice any odd looks (but then I don't watch for them anymore).
    If you act properly (respectful and courteous) you will get the same in return.

Just go and have fun.
    Just go and have fun indeed! While I have a credit card in my name, most places now want a picture ID as well, so I use my "male name" card. Never have had a problem. But once I was asked "Is this your husband's credit card?" "No. it's mine." She looked up, smiled and said "Fine", or something of the sort. Maybe enough of us are doing this now so it's no longer that unusual?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I haven't done it and most likely won't as I have no reason to travel except with my wife, but it's good to hear that it hasn't been a problem for anyone here. I'm sure hotel people have seen it all.

The only issue I can think of would be the photo ID thing where some merchants demand a photo ID to use a credit card.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Silver Member
    "Who has checked into a hotel dressed and how was the experience?"

This is too funny. I have ALWAYS checked into hotels dressed. They would probably not let me in if I was naked.

S

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    The only issue I can think of would be the photo ID thing where some merchants demand a photo ID to use a credit card.
    I've never had that as an issue. Several times -- usually at Target -- I've been asked for a photo ID when using Claire's card. No problem -- I just take one of my "male" cards, show them my driver's license and done. Once I think my line was "Yeah, that's me. My hair was shorter then." (Got a laugh). Bottom line -- too many of us worry about being "read" in situations like this. ("What, me worry?" Apologies to Mad magazine.) Ladies, we need to get over this: as has been said several times, our $$ are as good as onyone else's. Besides, if we are ever to gain acceptance, or at least tolerance, folks should know that we are out there -- and that we are just as "normal" as anyone else. (Except that maybe we dress better!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club