Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Femake Name

Female Name

I read this in another thread and wondered about it:

"I have never been able to get my head around any reason why a straight CDer like ***** would want to use an en-femme name. The way I see it is that this immediately introduces a third party into the marriage. You should not have to think of your hubby as HER. Simply as HIM in a dress."

Most of us here use female names on the forum. I've been dropping hints to try to get my wife to call me by a female name (not "Linda", but that's another story altogether) when I am dressed as a female. I would love it if she did this. It would be an expression of acceptance. She has mentioned it a couple times, but she is not at the point of saying "Xxxx, come in the kitchen, I need your help."

Understand that I have no feelings of actually being female, transgebder, etc., just a straight crossdresser.

So - Does your wife or SO call you by a female name when you are presenting as a female?
    Last edited by linda allen; 10-26-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    i find the notion of using a male name while en femme to be rather incongruous. I'm lucky in that my given name is generally a girls name.

It might be just me but I find it horrifying to have any expectation that my wife would call me Sara, just as I wouldn't expect her to refer to me as "she" or "her". This is in spite of the fact she knows full well of my being TS. But the difference is that we don't hang out together while I present as a female. Still, I think if we spent a lot of time together while I was presenting as female, I would really have a hard time with such expectations like using another name.

So how does your wife feel about using another name? How does she feel about your ramping up the feminine expression around her? Do the two of you see eye to eye with respect to your respective definitions of acceptance?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I don't expect my wife to refer to me with a female name. I have not shared the name EllenJo with her as that is just for me at this time. However since I have been laid off of work and am doing all of the housework and cooking she has started referring to me a Suzy Homemaker. She actually asks me what Suzy is fixing for dinner ect. I told her the other day that Suzy needed a new skirt to wear while working around the house and she told me not to get one too short. Since we have always been in a DADT situation, perhaps it is a sign of her coming around to a little bit of acceptance.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

My wife calls me alot of names while dressed none of which I could repeat here O:=

Quote Originally Posted by EllenJo View Post
    ....... She actually asks me what Suzy is fixing for dinner ect. I told her the other day that Suzy needed a new skirt to wear while working around the house and she told me not to get one too short. .....
    I would have taken that as an invitation, bought one, and worn it the next day. Just so it wasn't too short.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

i only chose one for this web site..

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    So how does your wife feel about using another name? How does she feel about your ramping up the feminine expression around her? Do the two of you see eye to eye with respect to your respective definitions of acceptance?
    So far, she seems OK with it. Not thrilled perhaps, but OK. She has never said anything like "OK, this has gone far enough." or "Take those boobs off and be a man." There is the same love and intimacy, possibly more. Some is probably because of me being more attentive to her. Doing or helping with housework, going shopping with her, taking her to her favorite restaurants, etc. There are advantages to being married to a crossdresser. It's kind of like the story about the woman who goes to a psychiatrist:

Woman: "Doc, you've got to help me, my husband thinks he's a chicken."

Psychiatrist: "How long has this been going on?"

Woman: "A year or so".

Psychiatrist: "Why didn't you come to see me sooner?"

Woman: "I would have but we needed the eggs."

----------------------------------

As far as the name, I've commented a couple times about "Xxxx's" closet getting too full and about the pendant we bought together for me that has an initial on it (the name I'm thinking of is a female variation of my real name so the initial is the same). She made a comment that it stands for "Xxxxx".

I'm with Kim on the name matching the presentation, but unlike her, my name is gender specific except in one convoluted variation.

My wife is so supportive and accepts me,but still struggles to call me Nikki,but when she does it feels so good.I wish she would use it more.

Nikki

Banned Read only
    Wen I am out with my wife, she has to call me something if she wants to get my attention or ask a civil question. "Hey you" is not so good. As a result, she will use Jen or Jennifer if needed. At home, she uses my male name. I do prefer a female name when dressed as the male name does not go well with my appearance.

MY GF calls me "Hon" so she may not know my drab name let alone my femme name lol I don't know if I would really want her using my femme name or not Last night was my first night dressed in front of her so I am not pushing things.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

My wife calls me my male name, but uses female pronouns when we're in public.

No, my wife doesn't like to use my fem name, or pronouns.
    DonnaT

My fiance calls me Honey of Baby or other such things. Always. The only time she calls me by name is when she's talking about me to some one else.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I get called Bev a lot, a derivative of my name in both roles.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My SO interchanges my names as appropriate. If I'm enfemme, I'm Andrea, if I'm drab, I'm my male name. Regardless of how I'm presenting, she will ask me things that are appropriate to who she is talking about - for example "What would Andrea like for Christmas this year" When we're out shopping, she often points things out and asks if Andrea would like it.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm in the category that my gendered selves are very separate. Tina IS the third person in our marriage and that's the way my wife wants it. She doesn't want my male and female selves blended. How it is that the two of us are so compatible in this regard I have no idea, but I'm so happy about it.

So, yes, it is Tina this and Tina that. Tina is a she in all circumstances. It's "gender congruent", if that's even a term (maybe I just made up a new term, and if so you can all yell at me for poluting the "category" issue even more ). My wife explains it as two apps working off the same database, but they are definitely two different apps, one essentially masculine and one essentially feminine.

One advantage of this separation is that neither of my gendered selves gets diluted. In masculine mode I'm her husband, with all that goes with it. In feminine mode I'm her girlfriend and that allows Tina to be herself, but it also allows my wife to treat Tina as her girlfriend, not her husband. She can talk to Tina about her husband and it all works just fine! In fact, one of the first agreements we had about Tina was that she was separate and different and would stay that way.

Works for us!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCD1963 View Post
    My SO interchanges my names as appropriate. If I'm enfemme, I'm Andrea, if I'm drab, I'm my male name. Regardless of how I'm presenting, she will ask me things that are appropriate to who she is talking about - for example "What would Andrea like for Christmas this year" When we're out shopping, she often points things out and asks if Andrea would like it.
    This is very much exactly like what my SO does. She will refer to my female side by name she even asks pointed questions in reference to her. During one of our first conversations on the subject she very quickly adapted to asking each of us questions by name, XXXX - question, Jessica - Question. Stuff like that.

She's always seemed very thrilled to see this side of me, and has never once given me reason to doubt her joy in seeing Jessica. Sometimes before she goes to bed she'll ask if Jess can wake her in the morning, or she'll wish Jess a good night sleep. It makes me just want to snuggle up into her when she calls me Jess or Jessica.

My wife never called me "Lori" she thought I should be Monique. I really never expected her to call me Lori though. My GF always called me Lori when I was dressed. She called me Honey when I was in male mode. One day we were driving and there was an accident. we called the police and she went with one officer while I was with another and she kept calling "Honey....." over to me. Two weeks later we were at a 7-11 and the same officers were there. One walked over to us and said "Well if it isn't Miss Jones and Honey"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member
    My wife and my daughters refer to me like they always do when at home no matter how I am dressed. When we go out, they all tend to call me Sue when they don't slip. Then they get apologetic and I just laugh. My wife has referred to me as her husband more than once and my daughter referred to me as her mother at a store. I have probably heard it all at this point. You just can't impose on them. They could call me anything as long as they say it with love.

No, she doesn't call me by my femme name, but when out shopping she may refer to her obliquely "She might like this" or "this would look good on her".
    I identify as male, but use a femme name because:
    - I don't want to use my real name online.
    - I present (via pics) as female - makes sense to me to use a female name.
    - it's hard enough to pass in public. Using a male name would make it harder, don't you think?
    - I like the name.
    -

My first wife used to call me brandy when she wanted to dress me i miss that .my current wife dosent know my name here but she tells me when is the maid lupita coming to clean house i tell her not till she gets her uniform .she cant stand that i dress but she gives me space.but i miss sharing this part of myself with the one i love

Usually its when shopping "this would look good on Debbie" thats about it....................Debra

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Usually its when shopping "this would look good on Debbie" thats about it....................Debra
    My GF does this a lot and I find it cute.

Banned Read only
    My wife calls me Tara when I become Tara. And likewise when out shopping, she will ask would this look good on Tara? and others can hear it too. I have had this name for many many years.
    But it does seem appropriate to me to have a female name when we are this other side.