Thread: Best European Cities for going out enfemme

Best European Cities for going out enfemme

Hi all

I am interesting to know of people's experiences going out enfemme in Europe. What are some of the most TG friendly cities in Europe, or at least places where you are least likely to encounter any problems?

Thanks
    Natasha

Hi,

I live in the UK and go out and about in London all the time with no problems, there is a very active Tr,ans club scene in London and other UK cities.

Amsterdam is another city I have been out in with no problems.

Most Western European cities would be ok, but I would be cautious as you move into Eastern Europe.

Hope you enjoy your trip where every you end up.

Mala xx

Here's a few tips I picked up in Europe. I went to university in Paris. This was along time ago, and most people assumed I was a streetwalker. Probably better now. I go to London regularly, it's a great city to be femme 24/7. The only exception in London is avoid the working class pubs. (drunken louts in ANY country are the same) If you are in one of the cheaper tourist hotels in the burbs, travel into the city center before partying. Madrid, and the coastal vacation destinations in Spain are all cool now. Even though borders throughout the EEC are wide open, you are still required to carry I.D. everywhere you go. Once in Europe you decide whether to stay dressed or not, but you will have to cross at least one border (your flight from home), where you may want to match your passport picture. Like being out and about anywhere, keep your wits about you, use common sense, and keep an eye on your surroundings keeping a watch on people's reaction to you. You are the foriegner. Europe is of course known for churches and catherdrals, to the point they are the biggest attraction in some cities. Out of courtesy, unless you pass 100%, stay out of them. Maybe take a drab day in each city to explore religious sights. Hope this helps. -Celeste

There is spot on advice here.
    London (city) is great but Scotland seems more conservative.
    North London makes me feel uneasy so I don't try that.
    Norway seemed liberal and a good response in Oslo and Boda.
    Berlin worked for me as did Amsterdam both very accepting cities.
    Yes remember the border crossing into Switzerland, I think they have relaxed the passport presentation there recently.
    I used to forget about borders after the EU but the Swiss always wanted to check me out.
    Stay in drab for any border crossings. Calais, Brindisi, and Le Havre spring to mind, for me anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you're going to Spain, try the big cities, Madrid and Barcelona. Both have gay pride parades, and a lot of friendly clubs and such. Look for chueca in Madrid.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."