Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the urge continue?

Does the urge continue?

Hi girls

So i only started dressing a short while ago after releasing there was something missing, which i needed to experiment with. In the few weeks iv realized that one outfit isn't enough and spent a fair bit on clothes and bought a wig.
    Im really enjoying it but still want to get more stuff (make up, boobs etc ) .

What i would like to ask you ladies is "Once you have bought a full wardrobe and accessories, does things slow down or does the urge to buy more feminine things continue so strongly? (not sure my credit card can handle it)

I understand every one will be different but Im interested to hear how it played out for you? after the initial excitement factor

for me, the urge continues. suddenly i have become a shopper. seems i can never have enough shoes, jeans, tops and make up.
    i have spent way too much money, but on the other hand, i have never been happier...
    paula

Banned Read only
    Owning a wardrobe of women's things neither increased or decreased my desire to dress. It just made it more available and variable. I dress when I like.

Aspiring Member
    It never goes away, I never dressed for a few months but even then I was still buying things, I can't help it

It’s probably different for different members as you say but for me it never goes away.
    I love dresses and look on eBay almost daily for that dress to die for.
    I have been the same for years and don’t plan to stop any time soon.

As for the credit card, try shopping online [eBay?] and looking at the used dresses. Some of my best dresses where used. They always looked new to me when they arrived.

An urge or a way of life? A part of us?

Everytime I think "I have enough clothes for a closet dresser", I always find something else that I like and have to buy. I still have a bit more to get. I don't have forms and never thought I would need them but I am finding they are becoming a bit appealing to me and might have to get some. I also have been looking into hip shapers and such but time will tell. So does it die? no, never.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Having a full wardrobe, multiple wigs, forms, all the makeup and accessories hasn't changed a thing. It seems there is ALWAYS a hole in my closet for just the right thing. Shopping is always a pleasure. I've been doing this for years and hope to continue for years more.

Now there have been times, sometimes they last years, sometimes months or weeks, when the desire to dress isn't one of the top 3 things on my mind. It's more likely that it is in my plans now than in the past, but regardless of the time between peaks, it has always returned and I've come to welcome, rather than dread the feeling.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I remember way back buying my first dress. Now I have three closets of
    women's clothes and half a closet of men's. The urge never goes away,
    for me it's become stronger and stronger.

Karen Sue

After a while I became a more discriminating shopper (looking for very particular skirts, tops, and dresses)

I find that it's not so much an "urge" at this point, it becomes routine. The urge to dress gets me to dress, the shopping becomes necessary to dress. After awhile, shopping for my feminine items become as normal as buying a pair of pants for work, or a tee shirt. I just like the item, see if there is one in my size, and purchase it when I can afford it. After your purchase your initial outfit, you'll love it, but let's face it, one can only wear a black skirt only so many times, before you are going to want something different.

Have fun with it dear,just be sane, discipline, and reasonable, just like you are in every other aspect of your life.

Cassie
    Last edited by TxCassie; 10-27-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Just a peek in my closet will answer that....25 pairs of shoes, a dozen skirts....need I go on??

It's not an urge, it's a need...a need to express myself and it has continued for 50 years.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A word of advise, Never let your emotions over run your wallet and good sense, Never Purge! I have never perged. I have had the erge and read the horror stories that everyone of the gurls that did repeat, in a while they all have to start over. Two thing have always stopped me. I am a packrat by nature and to cheap to waste my money on something and then throw it away. I do dispose of stuff that is woren out or I just don't like or even some that don't fit any longer but that's about it. Styles come and go so that is not a big issue to me and besides I like "vintage" clothes. I think many of the others on here will agree with what I said and repeat, Donot Purge!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I started small too and added rapidly to my collection. At first it was just a bra, some forms and a pair of padded panties. When that wasn't enough to satisfy the urge anymore, I added lingerie and stockings. Then came the blouses, skirts and dresses. Soon enough came the wig(s) and make-up. I like having different looks and options when the mood is upon me, and that lends itself to more shopping.

I've used this analogy to describe my venture into crossdressing before, but I like it and it seems to apply here... Getting into crossdressing is like driving down a one way street. We can stop and park for a while, but the only way to go is forward. Once you make a turn onto CD alley, you can't turn back. Each of us travels the road at a our own pace, but the overwhelming tendency is to take it further until we find our comfort zone.

Since I turned to dressing the urge has never gone away completely. Sometimes it is stronger than at other times, but even when it's at it's weakest, I know that the urge will return as strong as ever before too long.

How does one know when one has a full wardrobe and accessories? I know that I have more than I need but that doesn't cause me to not want more pretty things when I see them.
    Hugs, Carole

I just been acting on my cross dressing for about a year now so I am bit new to it myself. My fiance laughs now and tells me that I now know why a lot woman always love to go shopping and buy clothes.

For me it never stops, and there is always something out there I want to buy. We went to Catos one day just to get some tights. Ended up finding pair of shoes I loved by just seeing them, and ended up with a couple tops while walking out. I have got well beyond enough to have seven different outfits to wear each day of the week. Also I got enough of what has turned into my pajamas for those seven days.

The urge for me hasn’t gone away if anything it has gotten stronger. From what I read hear that seems to be the case for most everyone. I personally tried to “turn it off” most my life but when opportunity came that I could cross dress and was at ease with myself doing so... It turned into a pandoras box and just got stronger. A very costly Pandoras box at that!

Aspiring Member
    The urge will never go. I look at women and say to myself if what they have on would look good on me. Always look at shoes, my weakness. Being a closet case, I'm no having trouble hiding my stash. Fortunately we have a good size house and a fair amount of places to hid my things. I just would love to have them in a closet - wouldn't have to iron all the time.

I believe the urge never goes away. No matter what store I'm at I am always wanting to look at the ladies department. Even though i already have clothes I still want more.

One thing you will definitely buy is a larger closet!

The urge never goes, i have been worrying about it for years until quite recently when I decided to be more open about it. This site does help and if you feel like doing it do it. Best of luck. Lucy

Platinum Member
    In my experience the acquisition phase is just a prelude for the next phase, which is experiencing life as a woman phase. It seems to demand an ever growing percentage of my life, and I'm quite happy with that.

Hi, just a quick note, although I'm still in my early stages (this time round) I have to agree the urge does not go away. I'm not that fussy what I wear in male mode but when shopping for my girlie things I could shop all day.
    I love the feeling of being dressed.
    I have a dream of true equality - including clothes and make up.
    Hugs Joanne.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzzledJ View Post
    Once you have bought a full wardrobe and accessories

Your wardrobe is never full and accessories are endless. Be sensible, do what you can and Enjoy! I don't know about you but CDing is just part of me and has become who I am. I think I have more clothes than my SO.

For me, it continues.
    Soon you will be spending hours online mulling over shoes and which ones go with your clothes.
    What skirt will work with that top? Or is it more of a top to go with jeans?
    Which eyeshaddows do I look best in?

The list goes on... Enjoy it!

... I do
    Samantha -x-

I am fairly new to this but I really enjoy the thrill of buying new clothes. I do tend to get embarrassed if im questioned by shop staff but I can never spend too much money and yes the newness is still exhilarating! :-)

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I found that the more clothes that I had then the more I got to go out. It sort of follows, clothes are for wearing and then they are for displaying, outside if you are confident, otherwise they are for personal use.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"