Thread: Halloween Parttiy Crossdressed With My Wife

Halloween Parttiy Crossdressed With My Wife

Last night (Friday), I went to a Halloween party with my wife. She is slightly tolerant and not supportive normally. She agreed to go with me to the party and with me dressed. She is trying to stop shutting out this side of me. However, my crossdressing makes her very uncomfortable. She wore a suit and I wore a dress and heels. She was very uncomfortable. But she and I managed to keep her from bailing out. We got dressed and went to the party. We walked in and almost no one reacted to us. Most of the party-goers were in costumes. I was the only crossdresser. Only a few of the people there knew us. We talked to several people. I danced with a few women. My outfit almost never was acknowledged, except for when I mentioned adjusting to dancing in heels. I don't think anyone raised an eyebrow.

Here's the best part: My wife relaxed. She started having fun. In spite of my outfit, she was comfortable with me. We danced and smiled and fell in love on a very overdue date. She hasn't smiled at me like that in a long time. I was so happy. We were so happy!

Annoying part: I felt like I was just at a party. I hardly knew I was crossdressed. Granted, I had to do that thing to the back of my skirt when I sat down and I had to remember to not walk perfectly in my heels... But I barely got to enjoy being dressed enfemme. I was always either dancing with my wife or talking with people at a table. Some people who sat near me didn't realize how I was dressed until we were near them on the dance floor. It was almost boring to be in a dress in public with my wife for the first time. That should not be true!

Oh, and we did not take a picture. I am hoping I can get a picture from someone else.

Still basking...
    Joey

One more note. People at the tables at the party would make comments about my outfit or would joke about who was leading when we danced... but the women I danced with did not care about being up dancing with a man in a dress. They didn't mention it.

After the party while we were at home, I asked my wife if I could try on one of her skirts. She said yes like it was no big deal. I tried it on and came out in front of her in it. She looked at me and reacted about as unconcerned as the ladies at the clothing stores react. That was a BIG change from what I think I would have experienced if I had asked to try it on last week!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-28-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: merged - please use the edit button

Oh yeah! I know what you mean. I really enjoy crossdressing...however...after a time I forget that I am crossdressed. i hate that. Until I spot a mirror, and see myself. Most places just don't have enough mirrors, LOL!

I have been to many parties dressed.
    It is a joke for about 10 mins. and if you do not call attention to yourself, blend in and talk amongst the women everyone gets on with their own entertainement.
    Interaction with women is great usually as they are aware you are a man in a dress and will dance with you out of curiosity in the first instance and then after that you may get some searching questions. Play them down a lot and ask questions of them and you find you are engaging in women's talk.
    Don't bother about talking to the men, you will just weird them out.
    You will get a dance from the odd one as a joke or someone who has a bent for people like yourself.
    It is interesting who comes out and talks freely with you.
    Men can be such lechers tho.
    Always have a great time at parties and I am pleased if you continue to get positive responses from your wife.
    Do take that slowly, wait for her suggestions.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    Here's the best part: My wife relaxed. She started having fun. In spite of my outfit, she was comfortable with me. We danced and smiled and fell in love on a very overdue date. She hasn't smiled at me like that in a long time. I was so happy. We were so happy!
    That's fabulous. I'm thrilled it went so well for you! I had a very similar experience where I expected my wife to be very nervous and withdrawn the first time we were out. That feeling of relief and happiness when she relaxed was amazing.

Annoying part: I felt like I was just at a party. I hardly knew I was crossdressed. Granted, I had to do that thing to the back of my skirt when I sat down and I had to remember to not walk perfectly in my heels... But I barely got to enjoy being dressed enfemme. I was always either dancing with my wife or talking with people at a table. Some people who sat near me didn't realize how I was dressed until we were near them on the dance floor. It was almost boring to be in a dress in public with my wife for the first time. That should not be true!
    Maybe this is why it was relatively easy on your wife. She still saw, and was able to have a good time with, you. You'll have those moments when you 'feel it' while you're out dressed, but isn't the whole point to have fun, dressed or not? Anyways, almost boring has got to be a lot better than many of the possible outcomes. Good luck in the future.

-Bree

...Here's the best part: My wife relaxed. She started having fun. In spite of my outfit, she was comfortable with me. We danced and smiled and fell in love on a very overdue date. She hasn't smiled at me like that in a long time. I was so happy. We were so happy!

Annoying part: I felt like I was just at a party. I hardly knew I was crossdressed. Granted, I had to do that thing to the back of my skirt when I sat down and I had to remember to not walk perfectly in my heels... But I barely got to enjoy being dressed enfemme. I was always either dancing with my wife or talking with people at a table. Some people who sat near me didn't realize how I was dressed until we were near them on the dance floor. It was almost boring to be in a dress in public with my wife for the first time. That should not be true!...Joey
    Congratulations on the reaction from your spouse. Maybe it will continue to be "no big deal" to her and you'll be able to enjoy time together with her.

I find it interesting that you found it annoying when the excitement of feeling crossdressed gave way to being just "dressed." What were your expectations?
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Silver Member
    "Annoying part: I felt like I was just at a party. I hardly knew I was crossdressed.... But I barely got to enjoy being dressed enfemme. I was always either dancing with my wife or talking with people at a table. Some people who sat near me didn't realize how I was dressed until we were near them on the dance floor. It was almost boring to be in a dress in public with my wife for the first time." - maybe you felt that way because it was a Halloween party, everyone was in costume, and your female appearance was accepted - there was no excitement associated with your crossdressing.

My outfit almost never was acknowledged, except for when I mentioned adjusting to dancing in heels. I don't think anyone raised an eyebrow.

Oh, and we did not take a picture. I am hoping I can get a picture from someone else.

Still basking...
    Joey
    The trouble spot here is Halloween. Try to think of what the reactions of all parties would have been without the benefit of the "Halloween" write off. How would the same people have reacted if this had been the Thanksgiving holiday party instead of Halloween.

I am happy to hear your wife was able to relax a little and just enjoy the moment. That is worth its weight in gold no matter what the circumstances.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Aspiring Member
    I am hoping to go out on Wednesday as a woman may go to a club or just out grocery shopping, just so I can spend some time in the makeup aisle.

That's great! Halloween is perfect for helping your partner see past the concept of CDing and to experience what you really look like, how you act and how others react. Its why I say, just do it and don't try to explain it. Just show your spouse a good time and she will see that its not what she first thought.
    Chickie

Wonderful results, its so good to hear a post with overwhelming favorable results.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by SusanLCD View Post
    I find it interesting that you found it annoying when the excitement of feeling crossdressed gave way to being just "dressed." What were your expectations?
    I have had a lot of minor outings and a few major ones. If I was just out enfemme with no purpose, then I am majorly focused on my outfit. I am very distracted and I am normally in public not on Halloween. I feel like I am sneaking around and creepy. When I have had outings with purpose such as volunteering or Christmas shopping, I felt like a human. My outfit was much less distracting. I stop caring about being seen, etc. This time, I did not feel like I was dressed odd. I felt pretty normal. I think I didn't care as much on this date about people seeing me dancing as I have on previous dances in drab. I was unusually comfortable both in the dress and also on the floor dancing.

To be clear, my wife and I did not change our heads. She was her usual pretty self and I was a man from the neck up.

Platinum Member
    That's quite an amazing result. It must have been something to feel the level of acceptance and the affection grown as you danced. Hope the trend continues. I applaud your wife for making the effort!

A non-event can be fun - glad your wife was able to enjoy it too

That sounds great!

Personally, I like those rare times when I forget I'm crossdressed. I don't dress to shock people or attract attention (although I'm sure both happen). It so nice to just be me wearing what makes me feel good.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    To be clear, my wife and I did not change our heads. She was her usual pretty self and I was a man from the neck up.
    I'm confused! Is that how u "crossdressed" the other times you've been out, Johanne? Male from the neck up?

Some of us mite not feel comfortable doing that. Because we strive to appear female. If u normally dress completely, maybe that had something to do with everyone's, including your's and your SO's, attitude at your H party?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm confused! Is that how u "crossdressed" the other times you've been out, Johanne? Male from the neck up?
    Yes. I normally do not wear makeup or wig. I am just a guy from the neck up. I used to present female so that I could wear the clothes. But, I just want to wear the clothes. Being a girl is not a draw for me. I started wearing shorts and hose in public. Then girls shorts, blouse, hose and girls shoes. Eventually, I built up to a skirt. Now, I have come to the place where I do not expect to ever wear a woman's head again. Maybe for a costume. But not for a normal outing. I am a man, but I sure do love the fabrics of women's clothes.

I know a lot of crossdressers strive to become women. I have been complimented by SA's who have said that they would prefer if other CDs would just ""be themselves" and not ""put on". I have gone to bat for my CD peers and tried to explain the importance of successfully presenting female to some people. I am a minority in our culture...

I believe that I live in a happy place. Just presenting male, but wearing fabulous clothes is very easy. I can change in a restroom (or in the car) in a minute. Then, a workday lunch or a trip anywhere is suddenly an outing. If you have kids, getting out of the house would be hard. Having to clean up afterward and not leave anything on... blah blah. I like my current system. I respect the desire to be female.