Thread: Females in Your Life

Females in Your Life

I just replied to a post about something and it struck me that every single authority or expert I have in my life, regardless of the area, are all female.

My doctor, eye doctor, financial planner, personal trainer, wife, best friend, dentist etc. are all women.

When we hang out with couples, I always find I am talking to the girls. All of my meaningful and interesting conversations on Fetlife are with women. When I decide on an outfit or makeup style, I don't seem to care what guys think, I want to know what my wife thinks (or what my girl friends think).

All of my favorite music, all of it, is from female artists or vocalists.

There is not one aspect of my life that is not best filled by a woman.

I really do wish I did have a better way to relate to men in general. Both of my kids are boys and I think this might be impacting by ability to communicate and relate with them.

What are your lives like? Do do you relate better with women than men, in general? Do you trust women more than men? I know I do.

Just curious,

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Hi,

Are you looking at this from a male or female point of view,

because some women get on better with men, i dont never did or will, relate to or with men
    theres nothing there,

Now that does not say i dont have men as friends a few who are lovely, would i trust them oh yes,

As for most others no trust cant relate to them, im weary around men because of what happened to my Mom & i , so big issues there,. that was 65 years ago, so its very deep seated,

As a woman i have many as close friends & many more i know through our groups around 1000 or so.

I dont have to prove anything i dont have to be approved , im just accepted as being different yet that means as a normal woman or female at birth with a difference, plus a member of women only groups as well. so i think you get the idear where im comeing from,

...noeleena...

i've been divorced numerous times, all of them were cheaters so i guess i don't trust any of them and it makes it hard
    for me to trust a woman in general.

my last wife ran off with my best friend...boy i miss him! lol
    paula

That's quite interesting 'cause I try t keep things that way myself! Now you got me to wondering!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Meghan, you are such a sweetheart. I feel the same way, the more meaningful relationships in my life are all with females. I feel so much more an affinity with women, with issues across the spectrum. More depth, more feeling, more heart applied to almost any subject of discussion. Thanks for the post.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been cheated on so many times and by two wives so Paula I am the same way.Very leery.

I have been acused of having affairs just cause I talk to women more then men. I just seem to get alone better with them and have more to talk about. I have never really been a gearhead or into sports. But I can talk fashion with the best of them.

When I was single I would always be out with a carload of women.
    They used to buy me meals, take me to the pictures and dress me up.
    My male friends always wondered why I could pull in the birds and they would cruise around the weekends WITH EACH OTHER.
    I had a great time even if I did not cruise around with my friends on the weekend.
    It was probably my book, "Understanding Women" that helped.... 36 blank pages with a nice cover.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    There are good and bad men and women. It doesn't matter to me. If it is a professional like a doctor, I want the best no matter what gender they are. Same for friends. Don't forget, if you hang out with crossdressers......

Well as far as Ashley goes. Yes women for sure. But my male side. Which is the majority of my life is really untrusting. It was difficult to get to a place where I trusted my wife and could have a healthy relationship with her. The same with my mom. I've always wondered if that had to do with the reason I dress.

I have always related better to women than to men...guess it's just my feminine side that takes over in social interactions.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I relate to the human being I am communicating with. Not the gender of that human being. I don't trust people in general, so I look at an individuals experience with whatever I am seeking advice about. I also try to get as many points of view as possible.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

You know, I hadn't really put a lot of thought into this until now, but my doctor is a woman, and I prefer dealing with professional women over men. I think maybe it's a matter of trust and maybe I'm deluding myself especially due to the number of failed relationships I've had, two really bad divorces and so on. Then again, there's a huge difference between a professional relationship with someone and a romantic relationship - it's a different kind of "trust", and different boundaries.

Odd that this is now coming back to me, but my counselor told me this many years ago.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this thought, but I have preferred women to men in professional and personal relationships. I guess it's because with guys, there's a different set of rules and boundary sets that you have, and I find it ... stifling, I guess. There are things I like to talk about that I can talk about with women very easily, but with guys you just don't go there.

Most of the people in my life are female there is no doubt about that. But I jave tried the whole frienxs with vuus and it didn't work out for me because I was trying to hide muself then and e eryone thought I was gay because I would call them up crying or yelling at them for ditching me or not being there for me when I needed them most. I even had a discussion with one of them on how I was hurting because they wouldn't allow me to get close to them and these all were straight guys. I had one tell me they thoight of me as the girly boy of the group. So much for hiding muself I guess. I also comsidered myself straight then to.

Angela

Aspiring Member
    I relate to women better and would rather be around them socially. As a man, it's difficult because you just say things you can woman to woman. I've never gone out with the "guys" or even liked sports. I cry at movies and like chick flicks. It's funny but I want to talk about our relationship but my wife does not, she internalizes. She wares pants a lot, and I love skirts so I guess we know who wears the pants in the family.

My favorite musicians are varied, I play the violin, and classical music is my preferred style to listen to and you can't tell the gender just by listening. I can certainly tell one player from another if I know them well enough.

I worked in a male dominated profession and much preferred being with the few women that worked at my facility. It's funny, but the manager that I respected and liked the most turned out to be gay and I have no idea what that means.

Do I trust women more than men? I can't say that I do, it just depends on the individual and how they are as a person, but it's a thought provoking post to be sure. I'll be changing doctors soon and I will be going to a female doctor.

There are very few men that I don't find boorish, and shallow. Those that I get along with don't fall into the typical male mould either. Artistic, gentle, academic, and even slightly feminine men are fine...helps if they're smarter than hell as well... now, if I meet both those men on the same continent, I'll have some male friends. Extra points if they speak fashionista.-Celeste

For me, the distinction is not so clear along gender lines. I guess I would say, overall, that I am able to relate to (many) females better than most guys. I do tend to have a higher percentage of female friends than most guys (I think, anyways), and I do often find many guys to be uninteresting and a bit base. However, it's not an all-or-nothing proposition by any means. I have a lot of guy friends, and hold a fair number of guys in high esteem. By the same token, there are plenty of women that I have met that I consider to be the counterparts of the undesirable men. To me, it just seems to be too simplistic of a generalization to say "women are awesome, men suck." In any deck of cards, there are going to be those that are great, and those that aren't worth much at all.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I think it for me is just by random chance but I seem to make more talkative, social, and laid back with females than males. Example being I started hanging out with an old friend who was a male. We started hanging out pretty often going to parties. I ended up meeting some of his family who were females and their friends. I ended up becoming friends with the females rather than the males. The male friends I hung out with were friends I had since my teens. I made no new male friends, but a lot of female friends. I actually started hanging out with them more often.

This before I started cross dressing and thought it was amusing there would be 8 girls hanging out then the only male who was me. None of the friendships turned into anything else (was single at the time and straight). Just friends nothing more

Dunno just seems like my dealings with male and females are completely different.

Aspiring Member
    I am single and travel. I keep in touch with friends, mostly couples, by e-mail. In almost every case it is the woman who answers my e-mails, rarely the men. I think women communicate easier and enjoy communicating more. I also note (and have read) that women tend to smile when making eye contact, for instance in stores. Men do not and may merely say Hi or Grrrrr. Nothing wrong with it. It's the way of the species I guess. But, all in all, I prefer to communicate with a woman, given the choice.

Ineke

I have always been more comfortable with females pretty much as far back as I remember. I never really thought about it that way but most of my life I never really had many close friends that were male. But then again when I was little I was picked on a lot and treated poorly by all the boys so maybe that has something to do with it. I was never picked on by any of the girls I played with when little. Now I prefer a female doctor, female lawyer, but have no trouble seeing a male Dr when I need to. I really do not care much for female musicians with exceptions to the really old stuff like Dionne Warwick, Dianna Ross and Gladys Knight. But most of may real favorite music is done by males. I never cry at movies, but I have come close a few times, (hope no one saw me) I do not "hate" sports just was never any good at it. I always thought men were ugly, rude, and sometimes dangerous. Yes I have been cheated on as well, but stupid me I never even knew until way after we weren't together anymore.
    In family situations I have always drifted towards the women and still do, I generally went to the kitchen and helped and even became a very good cook. I have been told I am a great decorator and have strong artistic tendencies, but then I do mechanical work for a living and really enjoy that too. I just find I work better when working alone.