Thread: I hiked Mammoth Cave National Park KY

Aspiring Member

I hiked Mammoth Cave National Park KY

Class got out unexpected real early today. I had like 8 hrs before it got dark and when I should be home, so I decided to drive down to Mammoth Cave Nat. Park in Kentucky and go hiking dressed enfemme in a denim skirt that goes to midknee. I figure (IMO) that area is not super CD friendly, but there are alot of visitors from other places, so I decided to hike it. Anyone else ever hiked there, enfemme or not?

I hiked about 3 hrs and the disappointing thing was that I only encountered 2 people on my very last scenic hike of less than a mile. Just a hello and on our way. Other than that the trails sort of followed the highway and quite a few cars went closely by me. It was cold down there and it is off season so mostly why no people hiking. I just knew I should have went into the visitor center dressed and got the map!

As for the hiking alone in the skirt part...well it was okay...somewhat enjoyable, but I have figured out that at this point that my comfort level indicates I need a bit more interaction with people. I will definitely go again, but for now I will most likely go back to the city/county parks where I encounter 10 -50 people or so per outing...probably less now...its getting colder.. I probably stuck out a little bit as a solo woman hiker...but then again I was at least 80% out in the open. Unfortunately the camera I took will not take a very good picture so that one is going in the trash..everything came out real dark. One reason I went was to take pictures of myself in the woods...but theres always next time....and I cannot hardly wait...

If you cannot hardly wait, it means you can easily wait. So I think you meant you can hardly wait, which means not easily.

I suppose I'd be a bit excited to go en femme in public among anonymous people, if some or most of them were female or MtFs and not real old.

But I think I'd prefer to do so among female or MtF friends who know me, but I don't know if that's likely to happen. At least I'm seriously thinking about it, whereas I hadn't before coming here.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been there many times if you get the chance take the 8 hr tour its awesome.

Miriam
    I've hiked some of the back-country trails there, far from the caves. These are much more pleasant than the noisy area around the caves (well, maybe not this time of year), but I don't think I'd take them on without some very sensible shoes - like sneakers or hiking boots. It can be very pretty and frequently quite private even during mid-summer, but not so private that anyone would be able to reasonably take advantage of you.

It'd be interesting to try it en femme sometime, but last time I was there was with my son who doesn't know this side of his Dad.

Miriam

Aspiring Member
    I hiked the areas away from the main visitors center out towards Park City. There were a bunch of trails made out of like decking flooring I walked on across from a scenic lookout, then the bike trails going towards the center, a deck loop around a pond and then a real short one going out, I think it was called Rescue Cave, part of the Floyd Collins story, thats were I met the only 2 people I encountered all day. I think its relatively safe, sort of remote but kind of out in the open along the highway. I really wish I had someone to go with but I have absolutely no one. Next time I will just probably start at the visitors center or at the campground entrance and go towards out towards Park City (south or east?)...like tomorrow would not be soon enough!
    Last edited by JamieQ; 10-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.