Thread: Just Came Out To My Mum...

Just Came Out To My Mum...

About 5 minutes ago I came out to my Mum... She is very supportive!!! Back tracking a little, earlier she asked me what tbe Best Costume Award came from, I orginally said my girlfriend won it, but I decided, to Hell with it, I wanna be honest with her! So while she was watching NCIS online, I asked her if we could talk, and I told her that the award was mine, and i was embarassed about what i dressed up as. She straigtht up asked "Did you dress up as a woman?" I swallowed saying yes, and showed her a photo on my Playstation Vita. She thought I looked damn good, and I told her its a hobby I do at home and shes all good with it. I have the most supportive mum!!!

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    How awesome. I was able to that with my sister, she also had no problem with it. I came out to my many years ago. The best day of my crossdressing life.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowWriter View Post
    About 5 minutes ago I came out to my Mum... She is very supportive!!! Back tracking a little, earlier she asked me what tbe Best Costume Award came from, I orginally said my girlfriend won it, but I decided, to Hell with it, I wanna be honest with her! So while she was watching NCIS online, I asked her if we could talk, and I told her that the award was mine, and i was embarassed about what i dressed up as. She straigtht up asked "Did you dress up as a woman?" I swallowed saying yes, and showed her a photo on my Playstation Vita. She thought I looked damn good, and I told her its a hobby I do at home and shes all good with it. I have the most supportive mum!!!
    Yay!!! I bet it really feels good to come out to a close family member. A hobby though...does not matter...you came out!

Congratulations!!! Maybe she will take you shopping? Good luck!! Hugs, Jen

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferLynn0370 View Post
    Congratulations!!! Maybe she will take you shopping? Good luck!! Hugs, Jen
    Thanks Jen!! My girlfriend takes me shopping so I'm good on that.

You took a real chance there, WillowWriter... interrupting your mother while she was deeply engrossed in watching NCIS. Forget the crossdressing - you're lucky you didn't end up as roadkill in the SVU after pulling that stunt!

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you. Never got the chance to have the talk with my mum. Wish I had. She was always supportive of everything I did. Glad you took the opportunity.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

My mom called friday night as I was getting ready to go to a party. She was glad that I was getting out and socializing since my wife's passing, recently. She asked if it was a costume party, which I confirmed, then she asked if I was going as a woman. Again, I said yes, and she said good for me. Somehow, I think she knows. Heck, she's a mom; she knows everything.

Congrats! Moms are special!

I am not out to my family members, I think that scares me more. I am so happy it worked out for you.

Way to go GF!! We are so happy for you!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Good for you Willow, to trust her. But I must agree with Leslie, and two Gibbs slaps to the head young lady. I hope you apologized for interrupting NCIS...lol. I still believe that Moms can be the single most surprising person in the world with things like this. So happy for you. Don't be a stranger to her, and keep her informed, and be honest.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I'm seeing a pattern with the don't interrupt NCIS. I'll avoid doing that in the future and I'll continue to be honest with mum about dressing.

That's really cool I was brought up by my mother as an only child (My father left when i was very young) Throughout growing up looked up to my mum She is a very good looking woman (not meant in any weird way lol) and yes throughout my teen years i would "Borrow" her clothes to dress up in when she wasn't around ! But all Mothers somehow know and she was ok with what i was doing and still is ok with my CD'ing (only her and my partner know my little secret ) Good for you for coming out and and i am glad your mum is so supportive

Platinum Member
    Good for you. I'm sure she's aware that it may be more than a hobby. It's great that she's so open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiaprincess View Post
    That's really cool I was brought up by my mother as an only child (My father left when i was very young) Throughout growing up looked up to my mum She is a very good looking woman (not meant in any weird way lol) and yes throughout my teen years i would "Borrow" her clothes to dress up in when she wasn't around ! But all Mothers somehow know and she was ok with what i was doing and still is ok with my CD'ing (only her and my partner know my little secret ) Good for you for coming out and and i am glad your mum is so supportive
    I can defiantl relate with the dad bit. My parents got divorced when I was young, but when he was around, we hated each other, so I grew up closer to my mum. I think her strength helped me pusb through a lot, and my girlfriend has helped sooooooook much

When I was in Junior high my parents found out about my dressing and swept it under the rug never to be spoken of again. Until my divorce when CDing came up again. My mom asked me if things would of been different if they would of accepted it in my early years? I told her not to go there, we just have to move forward from here. I have never been closer to my family than I am now. It really feels great to not hide from the ones you love. Congrats!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm really happy for you Willow give Mom a hug for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowWriter View Post
    I can defiantl relate with the dad bit. My parents got divorced when I was young, but when he was around, we hated each other, so I grew up closer to my mum. I think her strength helped me pusb through a lot, and my girlfriend has helped sooooooook much
    Same here Willow me and my Mum are so close and when searching for answers of why i feel feminine i can only think it's because i was brought up in an all female environment ( My aunts also had a big involvement in my upbringing )

Happy for you...its good your mom is supportive...

Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiaprincess View Post
    Same here Willow me and my Mum are so close and when searching for answers of why i feel feminine i can only think it's because i was brought up in an all female environment ( My aunts also had a big involvement in my upbringing )
    I've always been brought up by my mum and mainy related to girls in elemantary scbool and jr high. I'm on tbe feminine side a lot of the time too so it adds up that she figured I dressed and supports it

*I Love You WillowWriter* MissyDuskGG's Avatar
    Baby!! I'm still sooooooooo proud of you for coming out to your mom. Be very lucky it wasn't Law and Order: SUV. Now that's addicting!
    In order to love others, you must first love yourself.

I get so jealous of all the opportunities that can open up early due to accepting parents.
    If I had accepting parents I may have been Beverley 24/7 years ago.
    I am still not 24/7 now but the gap is narrowing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you!! I came out to my mom a couple of monthes ago.. Wish I did it back in my teens.

When I was 15, my mom was picking up some dirty clothes in my room, when she peeked under my bed, she found her bra and a couple of pairs of panties. She asked me about them, but I just played dumb. A few days later, I was getting ready for school, and found several pairs of cute panties in my underwear drawer with a note that said, "these should fit better". Nothing else was ever mentioned, until one day about 7 years later, she and my father came to visit. they were freshening up when they found my stash of women's clothes. She didn't mention it, but I knew they had found my secret. The next day, she wanted me to take her to the mall. she wanted me to help her pick out a couple of outfits for my sister in law. We had so much fun,she joked about me trying them on because I was about the same size as my sister n law. They left a couple of days later, and what do you think I found hanging in my closet... the clothes from our shopping trip and some really pretty bras and panties. There was also a note that said "these should fit better".
    She's been gone for 14 years now... I miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    When I was 15, my mom was picking up some dirty clothes in my room, when she peeked under my bed, she found her bra and a couple of pairs of panties. She asked me about them, but I just played dumb. A few days later, I was getting ready for school, and found several pairs of cute panties in my underwear drawer with a note that said, "these should fit better". Nothing else was ever mentioned, until one day about 7 years later, she and my father came to visit. they were freshening up when they found my stash of women's clothes. She didn't mention it, but I knew they had found my secret. The next day, she wanted me to take her to the mall. she wanted me to help her pick out a couple of outfits for my sister in law. We had so much fun,she joked about me trying them on because I was about the same size as my sister n law. They left a couple of days later, and what do you think I found hanging in my closet... the clothes from our shopping trip and some really pretty bras and panties. There was also a note that said "these should fit better".
    She's been gone for 14 years now... I miss her.
    That's just something else. Your mother was something else, Its really touching that your mothsr would do that.