Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretend...ing ???

Pretend...ing ???

Who are YOU ? or who are you Not ?

I guess we all do ALOT of pretending...everyday ? It is unfortunate but what alternative is there really ?

It is not that easy for all of us to "BE".

The question here is ; whoe are YOU pretending to be...or not to be ???

I personally, myself...I am not pretending to be a Girl...that is who I am...I am pretendingto be this guy, this male-figure who fits in with society and the way I've been brought-up t be...to fit into the circle of daily life and circumstances. To please all else in what they see and meet...HEARTBREAKING ???

I hate living a double life but I can't yet be who I am full time...not yet !

I ama Girl, a Woman first and foremost...all I ever wanted to be !
    I live that life as much as I can, and instead of doing "manly" stuff I'd much rather shop for shoes, fasion and make-up.
    I'd much rather do some other girls mak-up and nails and help her choose an outfit than watch football or whatever !

So who are you ?

I AM COURTNEIGH
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting post, Courtneigh. I've been thinking a lot about this later. Because your question goes MUCH deeper than the gender/sex u r or wish to be. Figuring out exactly who u r takes a life time, at best.

I'm in my 60's and still discovering new things about me all the time. And, I've many questions for myself that remain unanswered!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm the same way. I work in a common male job trying to give the image of just one of the guys. But behind closed doors I get to be the girl that I feel I should have been.

To be honest here, I don't pretend to be anyone I'm not. I am perfectly content as either Glen or Catherine, and concider myself fortunate to be able to know them both. I sincerely wish those of you who have to hide who you truly are the best of luck in getting to where you want to be. No one should have to hide.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Only time I'm pretending is when I'm in a roleplaying situation and that has nothing to do with who I am. So all this questioning who you are is only relivant to you. No two of us are the same, just have some shared ideas and feelings. My two cents worth on the subject is to learn to love and accept yourself and then your will have your answer!
    Last edited by franlee; 11-03-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

There are times when I wish it was one big pretend then I could at least say that I do it for fun and nothing else, or maybe it has been one big pretend on trying to be a man should be a really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoy being a man and am only attracted to women.. However, it was not always easy for me to meet women, so I turned myself into the girl/woman I hoped I would sometime meet.. unfortunately, I enjoyed it..!! Love the frilly, silky things.. and dressing as a woman, tho' I tend to dress 'younger' than I really am!! I don't feel as tho' I am pretending.. I'm just able to be myself as a man and sorta' as a woman... Guess I like being a "guy in girls clothes" and getting away with it!!
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Personally I'm not pretending to be anyone in particular. From an external point of view, clothes only suggest how people and the world should perceive me. Those I choose to talk to and share my actual identity with will see me in the correct light no matter what I'm wearing. It's just a fact that I limit the amount of people I reveal my true identity to those who need to know only .

Still, I don't give a flying f#@! what the world thinks of me. I have hung out with female friends while they look at / try on shoes or make-up etc. I tell you what though, even doing that makes any bloke look like a fish out of water! I was rather out of place, but again, wasn't fussed in how the world saw that... it's the world's issue to deal with . That said, I'm so much less experienced and developed in terms of incorporating my growing femme side into my life. There are likely issues ahead I've not considered or thought about.

Yes, the "ugly side" of me is the pretender. Wynonna is the real me.

I do what everyone else does. I wear work appropriate clothes to work and comfy clothes on my time. So my comfy clothes consists of dresses, skirts and blouses. No pretending here. I love doing my nails while watching football.

Former Member
    I'm simply your average guy with an unusual hobby.

Silver Member
    "Who am I?" - perhaps that is what life is all about. Continual searching, discovery, change, growth. Awareness.

Who we are is more important than who we pretend to be or what we appear to be to others.

Who am I ? That is a constantly changing, forever morphing, chasing the end of the a rainbow answer.

I can only hope to enjoy the ride, and maybe make a few discoveries and treasures along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Lyn View Post
    I, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoy being a man and am only attracted to women.. However, it was not always easy for me to meet women, so I turned myself into the girl/woman I hoped I would sometime meet.. unfortunately, I enjoyed it..!! Love the frilly, silky things.. and dressing as a woman, tho' I tend to dress 'younger' than I really am!! I don't feel as tho' I am pretending.. I'm just able to be myself as a man and sorta' as a woman... Guess I like being a "guy in girls clothes" and getting away with it!!
    THis sounds a lot like me, as far as being the woman i would like to meet. Along the way, I get to play with the fashions of women that have one or more characteristics of what I am looking for in a woman. My one vanity is I love the fashions of the college girls. I may be nearing forty, but boy would I love to have started this twenty years ago. I get to be that young woman behind clothes doors, and as the opportunity to go out becomes a norm, I plan to go out dress age-appropiate, with an occasional super sexy jeans and top night out.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna612 View Post
    I love doing my nails while watching football.
    Lol, I'm doing that right now!

Back on topic, I'm trying to figure out where the mask I show the world ends and real me begins. I think I'm making progress on that front, thanks to Cd.com and the wonderful people here.
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Lyn View Post
    This says it all but I do need the man's job to earn money.
    I am able to be myself as a woman and sorta" as a man.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I was a child I was taught to be a boy. I was expected to be a boy so I did what I was told. All of my life I have been pretending to be a male and built a life of being a man. I am a woman through and through. Inside I am a woman outside I must play a part like any good actress does and convince others of what I am supposed to be. Sometimes I play the male part anyway.

Hi,

To pretend or act pretending,

did i, no because i knew who i was / am. from age 10. never pushed in to a role , i was able to do things i liked go where i liked & enjoyed my self by myself, though did meet up with others as well. Mom never forced me to do things, like thats only for boys or girls, i did both,

where did i see myself over the years, in the middle, & being different, i had to grow & learn that was hard, yet got through that even some hardships really did help me to be strong as a person.

So your ? is really did i conform to , being a male or female, no i was my own person it was never about being male or female, & as i can look back it was about being both male / female, not one or the other, so my name says both male & female .
    The first part of noel is in my maleness & noeleena is in my femaleness, thats were i am & thats where im the most happyest,

Yes im accepted as a full female / woman & in womens groups , it does not take away from me who i am, & for some of us it can be a real blessing when we can accept our selfs as we should,. does not mean perfect just means we dont have to prove who we are, .

...noeleena...

I don't pretend to be anything! I'm me! Take me the way I am or leave me the way I am! Either way is fine with me!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sometimes I pretend to be young, beautiful and happy. In my more rational moments I'd settle for happy, and I'm working on that.

Annabelle

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    A very close friend who knows both my male and female sides, basically said I should have been an actor (male mode). Seeing the 2 extreme differences in my male and femme appearances and she would never have thought the smiling happy cheery girl exist inside of the rough grumpy bland male exterior. As for the original question I will answer it with one of my favorite songs, "I Am, I'm Me!" By Twisted Sister!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I don't pretend anything...this is who I am and who I have always been.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

None of us should...or should have to...but unfortunately it is not the same for all of us...I just want to be me !!! Nothing more and nothing less !!!
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Okay but in all reality, many genetic girls do so called "manly things" and are into sports, etc. I personally think we are limiting ourselves if we "lock in" to any certain way of thinking or doing things. Just my 2 cents.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have to agree with part of the original post; I spend many hours a day pretending to be a standard issue guy, to avoid conflict, and keep everyone else in the world happy. So when I'm at home, I allow myself to be what I am; a guy who's simply more comfortable feeling like I am, and dressing, much like a 14 year old girl. I'm fortunate enough to know the difference, but not fortunate enough to have a woman to share my life with, looking at spending the rest of my life, alone. I always find it so hard to accept, that so many women prefer the companionship of men that beat them, mistreat them, lie to them, instead of someone who will love and care for them, but aren't the macho male they need to feel secure. Oh well. life isn't fair, now, is it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.