Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth it?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    That's a very, very tough question. "Is it worth it?"

For me, it would have to be, "Yes."

My femmeself, the person I call "Amy," is as much a part of me as my male self is. To deny "Amy" is to deny part of myself. I would become almost "half-dead." It's been hard enough just suppressing her as much as I have, out of fear of what my fiancee would think. At last, though, I can express both sides of myself freely. It's like being released from prison...a prison of my own making, it turns out. Now my two halves can each do their part, contributing to making me a whole and happy person.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

If you do not deal with it, you are up tight, depressed and may get stress related disorders.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Since I was a child I wanted to be a girl. This is the only way I can be a little bit of a girl, so yeah it is worth it. Not much to consider.

If it's not worth it, I have wasted an awful lot of time and almost two billion dollors on clothes, shoes, makeup, wigs, perfume, girdles, pantyhose, leggings,
    heels and outer wear, money that would have been better spent on solving the housing crisis, saving the rain forest or finding a cure for cumpulsive gamlbling, lol.

Hell Yeah it's worth it. And a whole lot of fun too....dana

I enjoy dressing and so many times I've felt so ashamed but at the end of the day all we are doing is dressing up like women and not hurting anyone. It's funny because I don't drink or do drugs yet can feel ashamed about this hobby I've had since I was as young as I can remember. Funny drug addicts have less shame than we do.

Aspiring Member
    For me the stress related to crossdressing ended upon my divorce. I was set free to dress whenever, although initially I only underdressed. Today, I probably have a bit more female clothing than male clothing. The freedom to dress whenever, has probably helped with overcoming some depression; and as a result I am much happier today.

So, is it worth (crossdressing)? For me the answer is yes. In my opinion, denying, suppressing, etc is not good for one's mental and physical well-being.

Its worth it but its also a major pain in the arse!

To ask, "Is it worth it?" implies there is a choice. For me, there is no choice. It is who I am. The combination of peace, excitement and happiness dressing brings me is not something I have ever found anywhere else.

I have stated this several times before and I will again. It is worth every penny to me and it is very expensive, but I am worth it.

Michelle

I am one who believes no matter what, this is a situation that a person can not "quit" from. I have seen tons of evidence that crossdressers tend to follow the path originally chosen. I believe if someone quits this, their intention was not to crossdress. Their intention was either a fetish or sexual type of encounter with what we do. As far as the price, heh...to me there shouldn't even be a price. I make a career out of chasing guys on meth, crack, and pcp. You should see the people lined up at the door to help these people. Families come together, friends come out of the wood work, and ex wives want to RE marry just because they think they can help them. So, I don't know what to think of the "price" we pay. It's not fair we have to "pay" for something that just affects us (if we are honest about it.)
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Absolutely. It's a form of self expression no different than painting, creating music and/or writing. It's enjoyable to see how far you can go and what you can achieve. Yes there is criticism, but you should only worry about making yourself happy, giving yourself the treatment you deserve. I find crossdressing an art form, and every part of it another goal/challenge.
    Done crying.

I love myself and have no reason not to.

If you're trans, whether you crossdress or not, you're dealing with it. I myself went into denial for a lot of years. I was dealing with it. Now I'm taking a different path altogether. I'm dealing with it.

If you're trans, you have no choice. You will always deal with it. The question is, "What's the best way of dealing with it?"

People who want to stop crossdressing can do it if they're strong-willed enough. But that doesn't mean they're no longer dealing with crossdressing. It doesn't let you go.

The question for each individual is, "What's the best way of dealing with it?"

Annabelle

Gold Member
    Well said Jessica. I tend to lean to the, if it isn't worth it you wouldn't do it. Yes, many are driven. But if you are driven and it helped with those feelings, then by definition, it is worth it.

Banned Read only
    I think the only difficulty or stress is hiding from your spouse. Once you come out to her, it's stress free,

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriana View Post
    Hey girls,

I have seen posts on here before about how difficult it is to deal with crossdressing and how stressful it can become. Simple question, is it worth it? Worth all that one deals with in terms of crossdressing?.........
    Most of the answers you get on this forum will be "yes, it's worth it."

Consider though, for those who decided at some point in their lives that it wasn't worth it, they probably stopped dressing and won't be members of a crossdressing web forum so your "poll" is going to be biased towards the "yes it's worth it" answer.

Another thing - We have different levels of crossdressing so when I answer "Yes, it's worth it.", keep in mind that I'm not out and about so I'm not having the hassle of explaining it to family, friends, and neighbors. In that respect, my answer would be "No, it's not worth the trouble of dealing with these folks so I'm not dressing in front of them".

Does that clear it up?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda