Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want the image in the mirror

I want the image in the mirror

When I am finished getting ready, I love what is in the mirror. When I look at a photo of myself, not in the mirror,oh, oh.
    Do I just take images of my reflection or stop taking pictures?
    Anyone ever feel that way?

I can blame the camera!

Love,

Tami
    Last edited by tamaralynn; 11-04-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Well, I hate taking pictures in the mirror, except for once in a while. But I do like taking pictures of myself - so I've got a nice camera, a tripod, and a remote.

I know what you mean, though... it's a strange feeling to know what you've looked like throughout your life - and then to look in the mirror, and see someone, or at least shades of someone that you find attractive - what a trip!

It embarrasses me a little bit, to admit that I'll sometimes just look at my femme pics for a while. Not necessarily because I think I'm stunning, but it's just sort of a wow moment - the idea that I could look like that. It still makes me giddy, and proud!

No worries though, I'm sure you're far from alone. I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few others around here who get transfixed by the looking glass.

(:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Aspiring Member
    In order for photographs to reflect what you want, you need to use different makeup and it has to be heaver, heaver than you would go out and about with.

Think about what they do for movies and TV. The cameras just won't pick up what you want with a normal application with out extensive lighting and other expensive equipment.

No a complete answer, but all I have time for now. But, a better camera, lighting, tripod...will get better results.

I suck at taking pics using my camera and timer and in the mirror. I really want to post moe but they never look good. It's frustrating to me as well Tamara!

Silver Member
    Tami - Some people don't photograph well no matter how beautiful and some people do not take good pictures. Just stop taking pictures and enjoy the image you see and feel when you look into your mirror.

Banned Read only
    An interesting phenomenon that all humans experience is seeing our non-mirrored image. Every individual knows their mirrored image, not their "other party view" image. It is the same with our voices. When we hear a recording of ourselves, it is always a bit "odd." So, you have to expect to see a difference in a photo vs the mirror.

Tami sometime we are own worst critics. Tripod, digital camera with timer is best.

That said I went throught the "my pictures suck" thing. Some girls here take many pictures or photoshop them to look better before posting. I only take a few pictures and post as is. Screw it!

Nothing against loving the camera, but I just don't feel the need to photograph myself every time I change panties. I take pictures of other people, sunsets, my cats, but I know what I look like.

I want the image in my head!

Other images either from the mirror or a camera just do not seem to match the feelings and uplifting emotional experience I have when I think I am presenting as best I can.
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

There are 3 things that you have to have as a CD, 1-the right outfit with the acc's and mkeup, 2- a full lenght mirror, and 3-a camera. Wanting the image in the mirror or photos is the basic drive for being a CDer. It is a natural feeling for, I would guess every CDer and I don't know of an exception. Even if the image is not what we want it to appear we are wanting that image to feel the release it offers not some perverted idea, ohwell maybe if you look like some of the really gifted Gurls on here!LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

All of the above is great advice. I also find I Amos happy with digital images. I can ignore 10 photos for the one I like. BTW, my boy side has the same issue, never can smile correctly.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I know what you're saying .. I think I look way better in the mirror than in a pic. I have no clue why I feel this way, other than somehow my "rose tinted eyes" or "femme feelings" seem to mess with my brain and somehow the image in the mirror is better than the image from the camera. The only other possibility with me is that I am slightly near sighted and when I am en femme I don't wear my glasses, and so looking in the mirror in girl mode I'm naturally going to get "soft focus"! LOL
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Truth be told I only keep about 25% of the pictures I take, the rest are deleted because they don't pass Candice's high standards.

Also got some new lingerie and finally got around to trying it on today, so of course I get all done up from head to toe. Finish the last few touch ups and my phone rings, I was expecting the call but it was earlier then I thought it would be. I put my wig on as I go answer the phone and it was a long conversation (planning a surprise party!). And after a while I just couldn't take it any more an went into my bathroom. As soon as I seen my reflection I was speechless, stopped mid sentence. Then brought back to reality when I hear "are you still there?" a moment later.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 11-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.

The imprortant thing is to enjoy and remember the experience. The photos are only there to remind of the fun we had.

Of course it is the camera. You need one that has CD in the menu. When on that setting, everything softens, gets a nice glow, and things get a little slimmer.

Tami, girl i understand i like my look better in the mirror than on the camera, for sure, i need to get a better camera, or better lighting when taking them. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Hi Tami,

Some great answers here... the mirror view is interesting because our faces are not symmetrical. So what we look like in the mirror is different from 'real life' - sometimes only subtly, but sometimes it can be a shocker! There is also an emotional content. When I have got all my make-up done and then add the wig it is such a huge transformation that I feel totally uplifted (most of the time ). I just do not look anything like the guy I started out as!

When I take photos, I tend to take a load and then sit and go through them... pick a few to post... but I am then a lot more critical as these are stills and many of my facial expressions and 'deportment' just don't look like the me I see in movement.

Then there is the issue of lighting, flash versus natural light etc... I have also found that whilst in the mirror there may be no evidence of beard shadow... once that flash hits, the little critters can stand out with a vengeance... so the trick becomes, as has been mentioned, more make-up, tricks with red lipstick, and finding the poses that work better !!

I have used digital editing software and have had immense fun at times! But aside from the fun times, I only use it to correct light balance and some softening at times if the beard is looking too 'in my face'!

The comment about professional photography is spot on and almost all 'glamour' photography is digitally enhanced... and that is after all the lighting and pro cameras. Before digital technology the pros used soft focusing techniques to smooth out wrinkles and the like.

I use a Canon DSLR (an entry level), built in flash, tripod and remote. One day I may post some of my failures (they far outweigh my good shots). If I was photographing someone else, I know I would do a better job as I would see what the camera saw... self-photography is a very hit and miss affair in my experience! But then I just point and shoot... don't have the time for all the 'editing'... I once spent a whole day trying to make three shots look better and then realised the untouched originals were the best!

I guess it is all about what you want to achieve. Here, I want to post pics that reflect what I felt and what I looked like at the time (except for the fun ones!). I much prefer how I look as Kaz to how the guy inside looks - he is definitely NOT photogenic!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Kaz's answer is very similar to my own views. I agree with many of you when saying that I think I look better in the mirror then on camera. There is the saying that the camera adds 10 pounds lol. Anyways for me it takes atleast 5-10 pics to get a decent shot of me the way I feel I look. Even after that I might still have to fix the lighting a bit. But regardless of how good or bad a photo might be, its the way I feel inside about me that really matters

Serena

ive noticed that my pictures i take into the mirror are lighted funny, and make me look weird. just like everyone else ever to do so. ever see a gg on facebook do it, looks horrible. get above lighting from both sides and tilt your head up a bit. i try to get the light to hit my cheekbones. thats what works for me... also helps to have someone else take them. youre beautiful regardless though!
    Why are there so many songs about rainbows? and whats on the other side? Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, rainbows have nothing to hide.

I know what you are saying hun strange isn't it! What i like to do is film myself using my laptop's webcam and do various different poses for about 5 min's at a time i then play it back frame by frame using Media player classic and save the frames i like as an image I get surprisingly good results from this Hope this helps

Hugs
    Anastasia )

Platinum Member
    Maybe it's just a matter of lighting and perspective.

The camera adds ten pounds? I'm gonna get rid of three of them.

Banned Read only
    My camera broke and then my mirror. I guess they don't like me when I dress up.

Thera

My camera takes awful photos so I tend to believe what my mirror tells me.

Thanks for all the fun responses and all the great advice. From camera tips to just working with what I have. The drab me hates pictures and looking in the mirror. So at least Tami has the mirror thing going.

You girls are awesome!