Thread: Just a word? Still confused . . .

Just a word? Still confused . . .

Girls

I have been reading all of the different definitions of CD/TV/TG/TS and am more confused than when I started.

I know I that am a transvestite, or a crossdresser (same thing, right?)

I am not transsexual or a candidate for any sort of permanent body modification. I do not hate my male self and am comfortable with him, too. Rick is often a protective big brother to Rachel.

I am a man attracted only to women (well, nobody is 100% anything but I am over 95%).

Dressing femme excites me - but often not in a sexual way.

I knew my inner girl as my anima long before she came out in this way.

I want to go out and have a life en femme (I yearn to have sisters and express myself as a woman.) But it can’t be exclusively, parts of my life must stay en drab or I would lose too much.

I *love* to dress en femme but the most important thing is how my girl lives in my heart, mind and soul. I am sometimes able to be her even when en drab. She is not a plaything but a part of me who will not be denied.

SO – am I transgender[ed] or not? I would love to know what folks think
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    SO – am I transgender[ed] or not? I would love to know what folks think
    No. You are not a transgender. Your a CD/ Transvestite.

A transgender is someone that is going through permanent body modification because they feel that they were born into the wrong gender.

And about your concerns and thoughts, their normal. Nothing to worry about we all have them.
    Last edited by nuffsaid; 09-17-2004 at 01:18 PM.

It is my understanding that transgender is the umbrella that covers everything from the fetish-cd'er to the post-op transsexual.

How about we start to get rid of all these labels. How about being a person that likes to crossdress?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah

Well im pretty confused over the whole thing my self. I don't really know what to class my self as, I over the past few months came to terms with me being bi-sexual and I've always had a thing for girls clothing since i was pretty young, and considering I'm 18 now I was young indeed. I just like to put on the clothes some nights, it makes me feel free, I don't consider my self an entire woman, nor do i consider my self entierly male. Im sure lots of you have went though these odd thoughts and feelings. But right now im damn well confsued but im dealing quite well. And to have found this place is really great.

Smile re

I, prior to comming here had this VERY same question firmly logged in my skull.
    I guess I'm starting to get a handle on a few issues.

For me, I never really saw the two persons within me, it was the "Tom" side is quite the outdoorsman, fish, hunt, can fix my own car and others cars and am one heck of a carpenter. I only recently came to grip with the fact that my other self "Donna" had all the same qualities that Tom does but it manifests differently, and she has quirks that Tom doesnt have like crying at the drop of a hat and adoring shopping for clothes. I'm fairly certain that I'll get called a tomboy when the time for me to go out finally comes.

I guess my deal as of now is how does one start down the road to eventually "going out" if thats your choice mind you, were not all sheep. I am seeminlgy overwhelmed by the lack of girls clothes I have. Up till now its been strictly pantyhose and one or two pairs of panties. You just cant run around town in that.

I want to eventually go out and I'm about to pop cause no one I know knows yet except one person, it just seems that its near impossible at this point to pull it all together with no one to really help, the one person in my life that knows is a 2.5 hour trip one way.

I guess I'm still overwhelmed by all this, it's like I've known it for decades but didn't if that makes any sense? I'm worried that I have too "male" a face to even try all this, but I still do nonetheless.

Now I've gotten myself in a mood, sometimes thinking is bad lol!

I hope I didn't ramble too much, it seemed like there was another in about the same place as I am, and I thought my issues may help put other issues in perspective and really kind of lay my cards on the table. I plan on making some very good friends here and I hide nothing betwixt friends.

Have a wonderful friday night girls!

Hugs!
    Donna

Wink Hope this helps....

I recalled having this discussion way back when this site first started so I dug thru the archives, back to like page 59 and found a thread I posted. I looked up this stuff on Google and found a site that lays it out pretty well.

By the way, I agree that there is nothing wrong with just saying that you are a guy who likes to crossdress!

Try this thread:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...read.php?t=239
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Crossdresser? Transgender? Transvestite? Huh?

I thought I was a girl.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Hi Rachel
    Sounds to me like a crossdresser. I feel the same way, I am very comfy with the man in me, but I would also like to dress up and go out with the girls. I have come to grips with the fact that I would never pass as a girl, being as big and masculine as I am, but when I get home I can't wait to put on my panties, bra and a nice dress just to make me feel nice.
    Feel whats in your heart girl
    xoxoxoxo
    Steff
    forever in lace

Smile I like cross dressing

I found out a long time ago ( ok a week ago ) that I am a cross dressing male that enjoys female more then males. I have dreamed for a long time to have my own set of boobs. I will settle for size B's all naturel set not drugs. anyway starting to learn to love myself now. Was having trouble when it came to lables of what I am. Love yourself and have fun.

Missy

Talking giggles

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Kat
    Crossdresser? Transgender? Transvestite? Huh?

I thought I was a girl.
    hehe
    the fallen angel of love, music, and vengence samanthael fell to earth and fell in love with jay and merged with him. she is him and he is her. they love their friends and their sisters.

And the survey says . . .

All,

I posted the same question here and on susans.org at the same time. Combining the replies of the two, the answers are

1 - CD but not TG
    7 - TG
    1 - TS
    7 - so what, who cares or equivalent

Thank you all for weighing in and giving me lots and lots to think about. I never would have thought of myself as TG when I got here a short while ago. Now that I have done a lot more reading I am starting to get comfortable with the idea.

And special thanks to CindiT for the link to the other thread!

Love
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

im a tv

im a crossdresser. but i can be a total guy. furt burb scratch nuts whatever that part of me will always be there as well as the female me. samantha is always in the back of my head coming out just a little bit here and there whene i dress as a guy. she is all way flirting to come out and when the urge is great i put on a dress and let her come out.
    the fallen angel of love, music, and vengence samanthael fell to earth and fell in love with jay and merged with him. she is him and he is her. they love their friends and their sisters.

Girls

I have been reading all of the different definitions of CD/TV/TG/TS and am more confused than when I started.
    These are definitions from dictionary.com:

Cross-dresser - n. To dress in the clothing characteristic of the opposite sex.

Trans·ves·tite - n. A person who dresses and acts in a style or manner traditionally associated with the opposite sex. Adj : receiving sexual gratification from wearing clothing of the opposite sex

Trans·gen·der - adj. Appearing as, wishing to be considered as, or having undergone surgery to become a member the opposite sex. Of or relating to a transgendered person or transgendered people.

Trans·sex·u·al - n. a person who has a psychological urge to belong to the opposite sex and to live as a member of the opposite sex and who may be motivated by the urge to acquire the necessary physical appearance (as by surgery or hormone use) or to adopt the social role typical of the opposite sex

Hope this clears up any confusion.

AmyH

Having a Bubblegum Crisis Priss's Avatar
    All,

I posted the same question here and on susans.org at the same time. Combining the replies of the two, the answers are

1 - CD but not TG
    7 - TG
    1 - TS
    7 - so what, who cares or equivalent

Thank you all for weighing in and giving me lots and lots to think about. I never would have thought of myself as TG when I got here a short while ago. Now that I have done a lot more reading I am starting to get comfortable with the idea.

And special thanks to CindiT for the link to the other thread!

Love
    I'd have to vote for #1 there... Transgender tends to be the umbrella term, but implies confusion about the gender that you really are. As you seem to be sure on that part, I'd have to say that you're not TG. That doesn't mean that you can't have fun however...
    Priss

I want to live bravely and love without fear.
    I want always to feel the wings of grace near.

We all will be Christed when we hear ourselves say...
    We are that to which we pray...
    Jewel