Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Hi all hope you are well Just a quick one ! I was thinking about setting up a Facebook page for my "Alta ego" Anastasia as it would be nice to be able to better connect with some of my CD friends and was wondering if any of you girls have done the same or something similar any advice or tips would be most welcome

Hugs

Anastasia

I've been thinking about setting up an account for my girl side. Its just that there has been so much bad press about Facebook and it makes me a bit reserved about creating another account.
    Its like I have this fear that FB will somehow connect my male and female self through facial recodnition then post my face and name into the public news and say something like, "Launa and Bill are the same person, do you know either of them?"
    Also I'm afraid I might forget what account I'm logged onto and hit the wrong button while I'm on my male account then maybe my male account would say something like, "Bill likes the trasvestite stores of America."
    I know how to keep the 2 FB accounts seperate from each other but I'm still a little paranoid that sh!t could happen.....

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Have had a Facebook account for some time, great place store pictures. If you have ever sent stuff from your alter ego's email to "Bob" don't get freaked out if you are asked if you want to be friends with yourself.

Gom for it!. I have mine.....Nathalie Landree.

do it. i have met some great people there.
    my only advice is: Do not friend your male self if you don't want to be outed

I have a separate account for Leah Lynn.

I've done it, and actually friended myself and my SO. I have my settings set so that I'm not sharing with anyone but friends, and have a picture that doesn't show myself as the default.

Gold Member
    You have to have faith that you can set up a secure environment. Definitely use two different browsers (or two computers) for your two accounts. Logging into both on one browser could compromise your security. Go through all your security settings and check them every now and then in the beginning as you will learn things. I am like Girltoy in that only friends are set to see things. But that doesn't count for the avatar, so you might want to use something generic until you have confidence in your configuration.

It actually can work out very well if you just set it up right. If you want to play it extra safe, then every once in a while you can peruse yours and your guy self's recommended friends. If there is any security issues, it will show up here by him getting her friends recommended or the reverse.

I've had two accounts there for months, usually both logged in at the same time and had no problems. Using separate browser for each persona also help accidental mistakes.

i recently did it. using two separate browsers. friend-ed my self and thinking of putting myself in a relation ship with myself under "it's complicated". just make sure you keep your privacy settings in your comfort zone. like limiting who can see your posts/pics to only friends and not friends of friends.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    You have to have faith that you can set up a secure environment. Definitely use two different browsers (or two computers) for your two accounts. Logging into both on one browser could compromise your security. Go through all your security settings and check them every now and then in the beginning as you will learn things. I am like Girltoy in that only friends are set to see things. But that doesn't count for the avatar, so you might want to use something generic until you have confidence in your configuration.

It actually can work out very well if you just set it up right. If you want to play it extra safe, then every once in a while you can peruse yours and your guy self's recommended friends. If there is any security issues, it will show up here by him getting her friends recommended or the reverse.
    I've had separate accounts with separate browsers for about 3 years. No problems so far!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I made one for Kali a couple of years ago. But the problem was that no-one I became friends with on there was actually a real life friend. So, I shut it down, but kept the account, just in case I ever change my mind. I suppose someday if I have some real life friends on the crossdressing side of things, I'll find a reason to reactivate it.

For now, just the one will suffice.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

No way, no how. I cherish my privacy.

Resident huguenot Nocturnal Kaylee's Avatar
    I had one for a bit but I couldn't find any good trans related groups and had very few friends on it so deleted it. I might set up another one though.

I just started one under Amanda Peters. I don't know what to do now that I created it tho. I haven't put on pictures or anything yet.

I have had a facebook and tweeter account for several years with no problems just have to be careful

Ok Girls ! thank you all so much for all the feedback ! I have decided that it would be ok to have an Anastasia Facebook as long as i am careful i had to add my real surname as it would not let me sign up as Anastasia Princess but i'm sure that will be ok (Not posting any facial pics for now due to fb's facial recognition system) but feel free to send me a friend request i look forward to hearing from you girls ))))

hear is the link
    http://www.facebook.com/anastasia.nowak.3

Gold Member
    Anything you post on facebook is like having the fox guard the hen house.
    Have you not read the threads here of CDs who have foolishly set up a facebook for their femme self and were later discovered cause they forgot to log out, befriended their original account or whatever?

If you are mostly "out" then this is not as a big a problem but if you are in the closet, I hope you know what you are doing.

Security settings on facebook? Yeah right. The real security setting is - if you don't want the world to possibly know, don't post it to begin with.

You see, facebook is just sitting there waiting for you to leak whatever info it can get. Let us not even get into the whole "mutual friends" things it has going.
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 11-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Anything you post on facebook is like having the fox guard the hen house.
    Have you not read the threads here of CDs who have foolishly set up a facebook for their femme self and were later discovered cause they forgot to log out, befriended their original account or whatever?

If you are mostly "out" then this is not as a big a problem but if you are in the closet, I hope you know what you are doing.

Security settings on facebook? Yeah right.
    Yeah, unless everyone that matters in your live knows, I wouldn't trust facebook to keep your secret. If you post a profile photo, and then facebook notices both male-mode you and female-mode you log in from similar computers/phones, your female mode profile/picture may start showing up on your friends 'you may know...' page.

made a profile, reluctant to use it though allthough i want to. Too scared to put a photo on there probably
    You can't fly with the eagles if you sleep with the pigeons.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have a few TG friends on my male FB account no problems yet.

I am thinking about setting up a Facebookprofile for Monika, but all the horrorstories about outing makes me worried.
    Would be nice to know more precautions to take for keeping things as safe as they can be on a site like FB if anyone has some more suggestions

I only have one presence on Facebook or the web for that mater what.... and its Karren...... friend me after you fill out the pre-friendship application and send in a nominal deposit! Signed letter from your mom....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Like many here, I also created a FB profile. Thought about using it, but I don't know that I trust Zuckerberg's invention that much. I'd hate to be outed online. Hence, the profile is inactive.

I have a profile that I should use more. Feel free to friend me. Would like to see it grow.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/catherine.lagere
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace