Thread: First time out in a skirt

Talking First time out in a skirt

I went to Toronto for an overnighter and unlike the trip in June I remembered my money cards. Fri afternoon I went shoping, some books, some makeup, a styling comb (I forgot mine) Then to Wildside botique (a trans store) looking for a skirt and a top. Paddy the owner was welcoming and soon I was down to my bra and panties and she was bringing me clothes. No one had ever sen me in femme undies befor. With her help I found a black pencil skirt and a red top that fit well and suited my shape I bought some stockings and a waist clincher as well.
    When I got back to my hotel I realized I had only picked up the bag with my other purchases in it. I hurried back in a cab and retreived my new outfit. Paddy was wonderful! She insisted it was her fault and gave me some money toward the cab. She is such a lady and I will be back there.
    Anyhow later that night I dressed fully with makeup and my hair styled, its a little longer than my avitar now. I went out into the cold November evening and walked down Church street for several blocks and returned. On the return I got one horn honk and several men followed me with their eyes. As a recovering alcohalic I didn't go into the trans bar but I will some time with friends. Maybe the one in my home town.
    When I got back to my room I felt invigourated, I had walked down a busy city street dressed as myself, I still feel liberated.
    On the way to the train the next day I stopped at Sears and bought a weeks worth of panties for daily wear. It was a day I will remember for the rest of my life and one I will repeat again.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Congratulations Rita, its a great feeling. Nothing beats the click click of heels on a pavement and feel of cool air on legs in pantyhose.

Congrats Rita, And I can,t agree with RainyNightGirl enough there is nothing more overwellming than the sound of my heels on a hard surface and nice breeze blowing around my legs. I,ll never forget my first time I went out in public. It will stay in my memories for enterinity.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    You gals got that right! That's just like my first walk around the building in my heels...the "click, click, click" of my heels, the cool breeze against my nylon-covered legs, the gentle swish of my dress as I moved. I saw my shadow in one of the parking-lot lights as I went around, and it looked good, my image swaying back and forth as I moved forward. I didn't hurry, but kept a very deliberate pace. It made great practice and felt thrilling!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Nicely done Rita - good outing and nice account of it

I love your story Rita! I think it's great that you got to be out and be yourself! Keep it up girl!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

You won't know yourself after a few more outings like this.
    Go girl!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Sounds like a very enjoyable experience Rita with some challenges well handled.

Hugs right back to you Rita. What a grand experience with many more to come. You are my hero.
    Love
    EllenJo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Sounds like you had a blast!

Yes, Patty Aldridge is a sweety pie. I've known her for years. Her late husband Roxy Wildside was a good friend to all us girls as well. We spent many a Saturday night hitting the bars in Church St. Villiage. Glad you had a great time. If you think your recovery is stable enough, have a soda water in one of the bars. You'll meet some great girls on a Saturday.-Celeste

congrats

i have yet to walk in a pair of heels let alone buy a pair. ill have to start off small and work my way to my goal of a four inch heel!

Congratulations, Rita! I am looking forward to the day, I have the opportunity to do what you have done. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.Di

Thanks for all the kind words and encouagement they make feel less alone and stronger.
    Celeste any particular bar (s) please pm me the names I will be back.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Great adventure Rita. It's fun to go out dressed and purchase new stuff and especially in such a extra friendly environment. I have been to Toronto a few times and gone out as Susan. This time of the year it can be so cold but that ok with me. Wearing a short coat and scarf with a skirt always is a winner. I think you will like wearing skirts, I love them. They seem to work better than dresses for me. Take care.