Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the "why are you shaved" conversation.....

I have had only one person (co-worker -GG) actually ask if I shaved my legs and I came back with the "why are you always checking me out? Interested?" and the conversation died on the spot. This past summer I was having a conversation with a GG friend about hygiene and deodorants, don't remember how it came up but showed her my shaved armpits and her reply was "I wish doug shaved his, they stink really bad".

Now I have been completely shaved now for over a year except for my arms. I cut them down to a #1 with a trimmer. No one has really noticed or said anything including my GF. If you haven't shaved yet, just out of fear, you should. do it slowly till there is nothing there if you are worried.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I was "caught" by a GG friend of mine and before I was able to say anything, she quickly said that she'd never tell anyone that I shaved. I kept thinking... why??

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with shaving your legs as a male. What's wrong with the "I like them shaved" line? It's the truth.

Funny thing is, my wife thought that I would start to grow tired of shaving my legs... but after so many years, I still shave them and am still loving it.

Banned Read only
    the "why are you shaved" conversation..... in REALITY... rarely if ever comes up as constantly attested to here. Over and over and over and...

CDers probably make up the vast majority of people on the planet obsessed with body hair and even then, most CDers can't even answer/remember THE most basic "traits" of even their closest friends. VVV

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/......&highlight=

The World is my Home.....I'll be in Nicaragua for the next 4 months
    All I know is that every time I shave my legs, arms and body, when I slip on a silky nightie.....OH MY.....Heaven!!!!!!

I shave everything from the ears on down. The question has never come up, but if it did, I wouldn't feel like I owed anyone an explanation.

My first question would be, why are you looking under my dress?

Chaetophobia......

I went through the same thing. I had all my explanations ready the first time I shaved. Guess what? The questions never came! That's right, either people don't care, or don't have the nerve to ask. And after all, they shouldn't anyway. It's your body, have fun with it!

In the 10 years I have been shaving I have yet to be asked about my hairless legs. I don't worry about it anymore. If other don't like it tough caca.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I missed this one, sorry I started another about "Who shaves their legs" I just started shaving about 3 weeks ago, now I am a fanatic about it. It is the best feeling ever. I like going a few extra days with out shaving then the sensations is mutiplied when I do shave. I also shave my chest and underarms. Not much on the chest anyway LUCKY ME!

DITTO @ Cristine

I had one guy at a prior workplace look down at my arms and say "So I see you shave your arms...." very condescendingly.... I just replied "I shave my groin too. Do you want to see it too?" He never said another word because the 2 onlookers laughed their asses off at him. It was quite amusing.

[I just replied "I shave my groin too. Do you want to see it too?"]

I love that line, may I use it if I am ever asked if I shave my legs?

Nobody ever has said a thing about my shaved arms or legs. And I don't go around in public shirtless so that's not an issue.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Unhappy

I shave my legs & my wife has accepted my reason - I just told her I don't like body hair! I want to shave my chest too, but she keeps asking me not to & telling me how 'manly' it makes me!! Not what I want to hear

Any good advice for convincing wife to let me shave my chest is most welcome - thanks x

Been clean from neck down over 12 months now and it took 9 months for any one to notice and i walk round all day every day in shorts of some kind.Took a friend to notice in the end at a family BBQ many comments were made and much ridicule which is par forth course in my family but not a single comment since told them i like it and that was it.
    Probably helps no one ever sees my body except my legs but its probably asumed shaved legs rest goes with it .

Thats they see my legs not my legs see my body =)

secretgurly....did the same with my wife. Luckily only have about 6 hairs on my chest that needed shaving. Just not a hairy girl!! She thought the leg thing was a bit weird, but she's ok with it except in the summer when we wear shorts. Then it's back to hair...yuck!

I used to race bicycles and everyone shaved their legs. I just kept doing it!

Not a conversation that often arises. Although earlier this summer my wife was unable to cut my hair and shave the back of my neck as soon as I would normally have liked, so my neck was quite hairy. This led to a friend saying that she did not realise I was hairy, she was used to seeing smooth arms and legs. My wife just told her that I was really hirsute but that she preferred me to be smooth all over.

More recently, whilst on a big family holiday some of the women were bemoaning the fact that they had to do so much more grooming than men, such as shaving their legs and armpits. I interjected and told them that I shaved my leg, telling them it was more medical reasons as my doctor had suspected the hairs harboured irritant fibres that caused ecsema, which is quite true. I also mentioned that I shaved my underarms as well, because it is more hygenic.

I don't see there being any issue for a man, CD or otherwise, to have smooth legs, underarms or anything else for that matter. If the truth be known, I expect most people actually don't give a damn either.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

In my line of work, I m often standing higher than my co-workers, for my legs to be easily noticed, ( I load and unload trucks, as well making deliveries). So the other day a co worker was outside, while I was in my shorts, looked at my legs and asked, " Are your legs shaved?" "Yes they are," I replied. "Why?" he asked, " because it feels cleaner, and I hate hair below my neck," was my answer. My coworker, looked again at my legs, said ok, shrugged, and walked off. We haven't mentioned it since. It generally isn't that big of a deal for men to shave their body hair, and most people will not be looking at your body long enough to even notice. If anyone asks, simply tell them it feels cleaner, or you don't like hair. No sense in divulging your personal life to a perfect stranger, nor is it truly much of their business anyway. If you don't get all red in the face, look them straight in the eye, and explain it as if it is the norm, and there is nothing wrong with it, most will simply shrug, and leave it at that.
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

http://sarahanntg.blogspot.com/

Anne, I went through the exact same situation. Shaving everything once at the request of my wife is what got me to finally slip on a dress for the first time.

Back to the topic...now that I've changed jobs, I'm not worried about people asking me anymore. If they did, I'd just say my wife asked me to, because she does like it that way.
    I'm re-introducing myself to this world, and am always interested in making conversation

Find me on Facebook

The shaving conversation is mainly a conversation in a crossdresser's head. People really don't care and it is none of their business. This thread comes-up at least 3 or 4 times per month without fail. It is like a broken-record. I think it would be a great idea for Moderators to post the shaving conversation thread as a sticky so that 3 or 4 threads don't get started every month asking the same questions and getting the same responses.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Gold Member
    What? You aren't man enough to have no hair on your legs?

https://www.google.com/search?q=fire...w=1280&bih=932