Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing . . .Art?

Crossdressing . . .Art?

So today for a Life Drawing course at my college our assignment is to create a self portrait in any way. You make use any medium and you may exercise full creative control.

I would love create a piece of me as the subject in my fem mode Do you think that would be too much? 0.0. . .

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I say, DO IT! Who says a self-portrait can't express your inner self? If I had any artistic talent whatsoever, I'd do the same thing.

If it worries you as to what your classmates/prof will think, do two self-portraits, one as Allison, one in guy mode, and hand in the guy-mode one. Use one as practice for the other...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Hey, it's art! You can do anything you like if you have the talent and your muse takes you there.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Go for it... Cd'ing can absolutely be artful! And what better canvas than oneself? Sounds like a good idea to me!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Absolutely Go for it ! Art is about expression. so of my best art come from thinking about "What if ????????"
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Hey, that's kind of neat!
    You only live once....live it!

I have to agree with everyone else! Art is suppose to be beautiful! What else could be more beautiful then the true YOU! GO for it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Do a feminine piece but don't tell anyone its feminine... half the fun would be listening to the comments as people try to figure it out. Good art speaks for itself...
    Chickie

Do the girl, it's art and you have poetic licence anyway.
    Just like in the movies.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Art is art. Warhol. Man ray. Many artists have showed this. Its ok.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What's the WORST that could happen, Allison?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I get an "F" because no one has ever seen me in fem and can't see how that resembles me 0.0...
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    What's the WORST that could happen, Allison?
    I'm just letting everyone know that I'm drawing the portrait of myself in fem as we speak, I might paint as well but --I'm gonna do it >=I--and they're gonna like it
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-10-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote button at the bottom right of each post to put all your replys in one post.

Yay. - would love to see it

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Turn in both just say you had an idea. You might get extra credit for having vision and expression.
    If the professor says well prove that is you in the femme pic.Then call his bluff and come into class the next day in the same outfit to prove it.
    That might be your opening of the door and acceptance from your classmates.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-08-2012 at 02:15 AM.

It's art, anything goes as long as you've got a reason for it! I wish my art projects were as simple sounding as yours lol
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Not sure about that Hon but I consider the CDing itself an art form. It takes a real artist to be able to portray and present.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's not about what we think... it's about what the prof thinks... draw whatever you must to get an A!!!! ;-)
    Last edited by Jana; 11-08-2012 at 07:40 AM.

i say go for it! have fun and express yourself how you want, it's art it's supposed to push boundaries sometimes right?

I think it's a great idea, please post a pic when you get to it. Good luck!
    Stephanie

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    That would be perfect.
    Go for it
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Platinum Member
    Not at all. You're the artist - express yourself as you see fit.

Crossdressing. . . . Art[Update w/Photos]

Hey guys just wanted to update you all on my situation with my art professor

So I actually did the portrait of myself in fem and it turned out ok, but the actual tough part was showing it to the class. Well to give you a feel of how the reviewing process works when critiquing our art. In the beginning of the class our professor has everyone hang their artwork along the walls of the room and we as a whole walk around together and review each piece individually and have discussions about the piece. (So there's really no way to avoid the spotlight being on you 0.0)

So anyway I come in class 7 minutes late (I overslept and on the worst day, everyone decided to be right on time ) I try to sneak in and BAM! The friggin door slams shut and breaks the reviewing process. All eyes are on me at this point and all I could say was "oops . . .sorry" then my professor says to hang my artwork and it really did take a LOT to put it up, but I needed that 'A' so I shyly hung it at the END of the wall and trail of pieces. The class had not gotten to my piece yet, they were still reviewing those towards the beginning.

So I'm sitting there listening , then I began to notice that mine looked better than most of the ones in there 0,0. . . .but still . . .my subject looked like a female, and I WAS that female. So my nerves got a little worse.

Eventually my professor got to the very end and finally laid his eyes on my piece. . .

The first thing he did before saying anything was look around the classroom for the artist . . .

^^my face

I swear he looked at every girl in the room and was baffled. Then he asked "Who's the artist?. .". I then shyly raised my hand and heard a comment "He's hot.(from a guy)" ,The class chuckled. He looked at the piece, looked at me, looked at the piece, looked at me, looked at the piece ,then finally laughed and then he asked "Why. . . . . . . . . . . . ."
    I tried to interject and say that it was me in my Halloween costume but before I could get it out.

"Why. . . . . . . . . . . .did you give yourself an eye patch?"

My jaw hit the floor. . .my mind was racing(you have a picture of a CD'r and all you can think about is the friggin eye patch!) . . .I was too confused to even comprehend what he just said and just let out a "huh?". He asked the question again "Why the eye patch?" This time I reiterated that I was a pirate for Halloween. He then said "I see. . . you have an amazing grasp of the values. I love the full dark's in your hair and what's this giant shadow in the back?" "My pirate hat." I explained. "Ah...." he let out.

He finished the reviews with saying "Some have real talent in this room and when I see works like this" he walked around the room and pointed to 4 pieces (with mine being included). "These are pieces of the highest quality and deserve the highest quality grades." Was all I could do. Then he said. . . ."Great. . . . now do it again, due Monday. Get out"(his "unique" was of dismissing us)

Then I began to leave the room when he called me back. I was like (OOOHHHHH S*&t , I'm F**K'd) He asked for my name and said "You demonstrate the most understanding of value in this class. Values are the most basic principals painting is founded on, I think you should really look into painting and come to my painting class on Wednesday, if you are interested." I said of course and that I would see him Wed. and proceeded out the door.

What a wonderful day. And I know I wouldn't have done if you guys didn't encourage me and back me up on it , thx you all--I love you all so much
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 11-09-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: no requirement for a new thread

Nice sketch hon really captures you. There are art sites around where CDs and trans people post, look them up and enjoy (they are not all adults only).

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Excellent! (both your artwork and the reactions)
    I'm happy to hear you took the chance and that it worked out so well.

Allison, I'm so glad you went ahead and showed this in class. You did a gret job, and look beautiful too. As I think back (I am mid fifties, and been crossdressing most of them) the things that I regreat are things I didn't do. I'll bet this experience will be a happy memory for you forever. Keep going girl! Steph.
    Stephanie