Thread: Why did it do that

Why did it do that

Out tonight in Jacksonville, Fl having dinner at chilis with a girl friend and snagged my brand new pear lace top stockings with my bracelet. How stupid!!!!! They only cost 20 bucks and now I have to wear them to the movies also. At least they are light in color. I can feel them spitting down my leg over my knee. Great! O'well I'm still dressed as Susan tonight. I'll live.
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-11-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Language

hey it happens don't beat you self up. still sounds like you had a great time.

Sounds like life to me! Don't fret it! Just enjoy the moment!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I was in Jacksonville Beach last week - wish we could have linked up.

Jayme that would have been nice and Cynthia your correct I shouldn't fret. I know better. No sharp objects near the stockings

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    At least you can console yourself by knowing that this happens to GGs all the time, too. So you're not so very different.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

It's only twenty bucks, what else can you buy for twenty bucks.
    The worst part is feeling them split down your leg.
    You can stop it with a dab of nail polish, if you are real quick.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    And, THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I stopped buying expensive hose, Susan!

Altho, I generally snag mine in my hi-heel spike tips or buckles. However, a snag's a snag. No matter how u do it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The logistical and supply problems associated with dressing up are too numerous to mention sometimes. Like you say, we survive and this is often times how we learn to "fake it".
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 11-11-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nothing anymore annoying than ruining a new pair of expensive hose.We've all done it.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Yeah, been there too! The fiorst time it is upsetting, then it just gets to be a pain in the proverbial! A fact of life that GGs know well! This is why many of them where jeans... or skirts with no hose!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I keep an extra pair in the car.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

It happens girl relax and have some fun. If the worse just excuse yourself to the ladies room. and toss them. Then go back and have more fun.
    Renee

Most women, that actually wear some hosiery, do as Lady Catherine suggested and keep a spare pair on hand for such accidents. You may want to do that in the future as well Still nothing sucks worse than getting a run.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

If your legs are shaved pull them off and go without, most women don't wear them most of the time anymore anyway.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I keep a spare pair in my purse, which seems to prevent the pair I am wearing from running.

I remember teenagers using the nail polish trick back in the '70s when they wore hose.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gold Member
    How much you wanna bet the OP was also posted on twitter?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    You don't carry nail polish with you? Although they are probably gone anyway.

I can relate to that, since I now carry a spare pair in the glovebox ( which my friends pick on me about ) I don,t seem to ruin as many. But the first time it did I just took them off and bare legged it. Which felt kinda strange at the moment. Oh Well
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.