Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm About to Be Outed

I'm About to Be Outed

I was not feeling well last week so I didn't get out for Halloween. While I go out frequently when I go to a city I do not go out in my little town. After recovering from my illness I wanted to get out and concocted an excuse. My story was that I had made a bet with a neighbor on Tuesday's election. My candidate (for a local office) lost in what was regarded as an upset. The consequences of the bet were that I would have to go out crossdressed.

This morning I did my makeup and put on my favorite dress. I couldn't find my eyeliner and my mascara was dried up so I went to Walgreen's. I finished my makeup in the car and went to Starbucks where I usually spend an hour or two every day. The employees who all know me by name were very accepting and very amused.

I sat at a table with a female friend who I told about my crossdressing a few months ago. This was the first time she had seen me dressed. She enjoyed seeing me en femme but voiced concern that one of our local rednecks would shoot me.

As I sat at a table by the door several people I know came in and they all enjoyed my appearence. One of my old bosses came in and was very amused at seeing me in a dress. He left the Starbucks and returned a few minutes later while his wife who had been shopping. They joined me at the table and we talked for a while.

Presently a reporter for the local weekly newspaper came in and sat with us. My old boss had called the newspaper to alert them of a potential story when he was picking up his wife. The reporter asked if she could take my picture and asked a few questions about why I was in drag.

Next Tuesday I shall have my fifteen minutes of fame when my story and photo are in the local paper.

I am looking forward to its publication for several reasons. I am not comfortable in the closet and look forward to not having to hide. It will give me more opportunities to go out dressed, I am planning to go out a few more times because of public demand.

While my being outed by newspaper is not what I intended when I dressed this morning, my being outed is totally voluntarily. I made the decision to go out dressed, I gave the reporter permission to photograph me and I had ample opportunity to request her not to publish the story.

I am looking forward to seeing the paper next week, it should be interesting.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wish you all the best but get ready to answer questions.LOL I think you will be fine.

Well, we always seem to struggle around here with the "how to tell others" but it seems you conquered that issue, find a reporter I personally don't know if I would have gone that route but I wish you the best of luck with it. Hopefully you'll be able to scan or give us a url to the article

Meanwhile, what's the story about the redneck shooting anyone let alone you?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    I pray it is a positive article and that you have a positive response. Watch out for negative, small minded seniors, rednecks, etc.

Brave girl! you go girl! exciting!
    You can't fully love others until you truly love yourself. It is a wonderful journey
    http://www.facebook.com/tiffany.grace.31945
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita_th...ueen_and_diva/

So the question occures........did you tell the reporter about the "bet" or did you come clean? Either way, could be an interesting day when the paper comes out. Best wishes and whatta girl!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

So tomorrow when you dress up, you just have to remind everyone that the bet was for the entire year...
    Chickie

Aspiring Member
    I really wish the "made a bet" meme would disappear. I've never heard of it actually happening to anyone other than a cross dresser. I highly doubt anyone would believe it.
    —Mikaela

Get ready for rockstar status Vanessa!

Banned Read only
    You know, you only get 15 minutes of fame in this life. Have fun with it!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post

Next Tuesday I shall have my fifteen minutes of fame when my story and photo are in the local paper.
    Sounds like fifteen minutes of fame to go with a lifetime of femme.

From two counties away, good luck and have fun with it!

I think you will be fine.

Silver Member
    All should go well. I know of a city councilman who was arrested for DWI while CDing. The paper published his picture at the jail in a cell and the story of the DWI. BUT, not a word about how he was dressed. One of the TV stations mentioned it one time. End of story never mentioned again.

Great story! Perhaps you can do a follow up when the paper is out! Would love to read what's printed!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Got to say that's faster then doing it one friend/family member at a time.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

I think that is a fantastic story. You rolled the dice and you came out a winner. No matter what the outcome your still a winner in many eyes. BIG HUGS from me
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

I hope this leads to a life time of happiness for you. And no more stress of hiding in the closet.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Aspiring Member
    I've been on this site for over four years and that's the best coming out story I've ever read here.
    You've certainly raised the bar and I doubt anyone can top that.
    Well done!

Bravo Vanessa. I hope the newspaper treats the story objectively, not sensationally. Post a link if you like it. -Celeste

You'll have to update us on how it goes next week. I would love to come "right out" one day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I really wish the "made a bet" meme would disappear. I've never heard of it actually happening to anyone other than a cross dresser. I highly doubt anyone would believe it.
    I have never used the bet kine. I think you would have to pretend you weren't enjoying it. Now, I did lose a bet on a basketball game one time where I had to paint my toe nails. She was surprised when she checked that I had settled my bet and found that I had a nice pedi. I told her that i enjoyed it so much, that I might just keep getting them. I now keep the painted KY wildcat blue and she loves it.
    Last edited by Terri; 11-09-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    Worked on all my friends and family, I think if the person who supposedly made the bet is with you supporting the story, no one really questions much
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Vanessa, I think all will be good, I am very proud for you, please update and let us know how it goes. Steph.
    Stephanie

I really hope it turns out good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    ......... She enjoyed seeing me en femme but voiced concern that one of our local rednecks would shoot me. ..................
    .......Meanwhile, what's the story about the redneck shooting anyone let alone you? ............
    ......... Watch out for negative, small minded seniors, rednecks, etc.
    How in the H*** are we going to gain respect and acceptance from others if we continually stereotype them? Calling people who might take issue with our appearance "rednecks" is no better than others calling us "faggots" because we wear women's clothing.

Think about it!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda