Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATM Use While Dressed

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar

ATM Use While Dressed

Ladies, here's a conundrum for you, which some of you may have experience with.

My fiancee is of the opinion that me trying to use an ATM to get cash while out dressed might be a bad idea, because, of course, these days they all have cameras. She's concerned that the use of a card with an obviously male name, combined with a camera showing a more-or-less femme face at the same time, might cause them to think my card was stolen, resulting in it being canceled and me being unable to access my bank account for several days. (This has just happened to a non-CD friend of mine, too; they thought his card had been stolen when it hadn't been. What a pain!)

I'm not so sure; I think the camera would more likely be used to spot whoever was trying to use a card that had been reported as stolen, which of course mine wouldn't be if I'm using it, even en femme. (Or it would be used to spot someone trying to jimmy the machine.)

Anyone have any experience with this that they'd like to share?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

You may be the girlfriend of some silly boyfriend that let his girlfriend use his card.
    If you had a hammer or jemmy in your hand and looked like you were threatening the ATM then they may be concerned.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've used ATM in Fem several times after hours never had any trouble

Nobody is on the other end of those cameras. They will never be seen unless there is a crime.
    [SIZE="3"]*PinK*[/SIZE] Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the *present*

To the best of my knowledge there is no "dress code" for using an ATM card, unless I missed something in the fine print............
    There are obviously a few alternative solutions to this "conundrum".
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Nobody cares. No one has the time.
    Flaunt who you are.....it makes dull peoples' lives more interesting.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I've been using ATMs while dressed for years without difficulties.

I've also gone in to bank branches and banked in person fully dressed; it hasn't been a problem, other than being referred to as "Mr."

I to have been useing atm's for years while dressed and never had a problem! Some banks thumb print me when I go in them to withdraw funds from an acount while dressed! But still never had a problem!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Those tapes aren't even viewed unless there is a crime committed. No bank is going to pay someone to try and judge if the thousands of people who use their ATM every day are the correct owners of the cards. They just wait until someone complains.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Your ATM access won't be affected. I've used ATMs many times with the same results as Joanna and Sandra. As OKPink said, it's likely no one ever looks at the pictures unless there's a crime committed there. And, it isn't a crime to be crossdressed and use an ATM.

Like Sandra, I've gone into the bank lobby and made a deposit into my account. No one cared or asked me anything about how I presented myself. Since I wasn't withdrawing any money, no one asked to see my ID. But, it was a windy day and I got into a chat with the girl at the counter about the hair problems that caused.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Hiya Amy,

As already stated, ATM surveillance photo/video is not a live CCTV feed…it is video tape technology. Nobody is actively monitoring the operation in real time. The tapes are typically retained about 6 months by the banking institution before they are recycled (reused)…(although law enforcement would like them retained “forever”, lol). and "used" tapes are typically replaced with new ones after about 5-6 uses.

Unless a specific card has been “flagged” by the financial institution prior to any attempts to use the card…
    If you have the correct card and PIN number, you will have access to the funds. It is that simple.

I have covered my entire face during every ATM withdrawal that I have transacted over the last 8 years. Never encountered any problems. (I do the same at red-light cam intersections too, lol)

You do know that you are also captured on some type of U.S. video surveillance equipment somewhere at least a dozen times/day on average, right? In the UK it is 70 times/day!

Get Money/Don’t Worry/ Be Happy!

Last edited by eluuzion; 11-09-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The camera and the ATM are not linked. They don't correlate the user name to the image. The images are only for security reference.
    I've used the ATM many times (in my bank's lobby) and there has never been an issue and I've done it during banking hours.
    Just relax and go get the money you need to shop or whatever...no one will ever care.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've been using ATM's en femme since the 1980's. Never had any problems.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

...what are we going to do when the government starts flying those drones over us to keep track of everything we do? Just kidding, don't worry about the cameras.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stephanie

Hello Amy, having owned a check cashing business and therefore having had a banking license, I believe the cameras at ATM and the film footage are looked at only afer a particular crime or incident occurs, then they go look at the tapes, so if for some reason they have to go back and see you withdrawing morning I am sure they will just say what a pretty girl
    You can't fully love others until you truly love yourself. It is a wonderful journey
    http://www.facebook.com/tiffany.grace.31945
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita_th...ueen_and_diva/

I'm with you on this, Amy. If there was actually people looking to see who was using what card every time an ATM got used, then they have the singularly most boring, mind-numbing job ever divised by mankind. And how often do parents send their kids to the store with their debit card? It's truly a non-issue. And it sure beats going into the bank while dressed and trying to withdraw funds.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I agree with all the above. The recordings are only used in the event of a concern.

That said, I always count the money ejected by the machines in front of the camera. This way, if there is a discrepancy, there will be a video record that can be referred to.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OKPink View Post
    Nobody is on the other end of those cameras. They will never be seen unless there is a crime.
    Correct, that is the only reason they would use what is recorded. If you call them up and tell them your card is stolen.

Gold Member
    They have a part of the news now that shows all the crossdressers who go to the ATM that day.

Kidding aside, ain't no one gonna know or care. Even if a crime were committed, even then no one would probably look at the videos unless someone stole from the bank. You know how things work - if it is to your benefit, they don't care. If it's to their benefit, suddenly they care.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I used my moms atm card to get out cash (with her permission obviously) pretty frequently for years and there as never been a problem

I have used the ATM many times with no problem. The banks don't look at the video unless there is a problem reported such as fraudulent account activity. Also if the bank has your phone connected with the account, they will call you if they suspect something is amiss. I have had this happen a couple times (both in drab mode). If they decline a transaction, you just need to call the number on the card, give them some security data and they will clear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I was a bank fraud investigator for many years, everyone here is correct, unless you reported your card lost or stolen, no one looks at the tapes.

Banned Read only
    From a technology perspective, there is no linkage of the card and the camera. There no facial recognition. The camera is simply a backup security measure to catch thieves who are damaging the machine. The only info kept is a time stamp. There is zero chance of linking the card and you dressed unless you go tho them with some complaint about the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    From a technology perspective, there is no linkage of the card and the camera. There no facial recognition.
    Not yet anyways. Just like the drone comment, they are in the air as we speak, not in wide use here in the states but well on their way. I think your safe at the ATM right now anyways
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    ....... There no facial recognition. .
    Not yet. We can expect it at some point.

I think I've used an ATM machine once in my lifetime. I pay as much as possible with a credit card (and pay the entire balance before it's overdue). If I need cash, I buy something at Walmart or another store that allows "cash back".

The other day we were out for lunch with friends and when it came time to pay the check, my wife asked me if I had a $5 bill for the tip. I got one out and said "It's from 1960, that's the last time I opened my wallet.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda