Thread: Portrayal

Portrayal

I had been thinking about this for awhile now. We often mention that we want to blend in and be looked upon as everyday people just like everyone else while en femme. I figured positive attracts positive, so will for a time portray women doing ordinary every day things in my avatar pics. In the vein of this is how we think, this is therefore how we are. I do need a new digicam and when I get one, I will have pics of myself doing everyday actions now that my current GF is on board with who I am. I know not all CD's want to be everyday people and like the glitz and glamour of dressing and that is fine but for those of us who would like to be melded and integrated into everyday life and be accepted, it's a start at least, sure can't hurt anyway. Besides I get tired of looking at my own puss on here sometimes.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think that that is a great idea and I'm looking forward to the pictures

I really like that idea, too. I ought to rethink my next pictures. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.
    Mary

Platinum Member
    I think that's a great idea, Kate. I am one of the everyday people. I want this to be my everyday life, not a facade that I put on occassionally. (Not that there's anything wrong with glitz and glam).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I love your new avatars, Kate. I can't pass, period. So, going out in vanilla land dressed is a purely stressful experience. And so, pointless. I HATE blending anyway. Boring old lady clothes! I do it only when meeting other TG's. Which makes all the yech blending worth while!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I love your new avatars, Kate. I can't pass, period. So, going out in vanilla land dressed is a purely stressful experience. And so, pointless. I HATE blending anyway. Boring old lady clothes! I do it only when meeting other TG's. Which makes all the yech blending worth while!
    Just know RS that Sherry is one of my standards for femininity and figure.

Hi This is a good idea and I will be looking to see your pictures. Sometimes I feel in my efforts to blend it's almost easier to go out in drab and leave the dressing up at home. Maybe I'm getting lazy or wondering exactly whats the point of passing. Jaymee

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Besides I get tired of looking at my own puss on here sometimes.
    Being a London based UK girl, I spotted that word as very Brit. Didn't know it was in use in the US. Always used in a self-deprecating way but seems to carry a force that other words don't cover.

Trouble is, I like my old puss, so happy to post it regularly!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Being a London based UK girl, I spotted that word as very Brit. Didn't know it was in use in the US. Always used in a self-deprecating way but seems to carry a force that other words don't cover.

Trouble is, I like my old puss, so happy to post it regularly!

Rebecca
    Dinosaurs like myself used and use it regularly Hon.

I'm hoping to get 'out and about' with the SO, but really just in a quiet neighborhood or just 'out-doorsy' area..
    Want to get some pics.. and YES, I am deciding that 'blending' is the only way I'll be going out..
    I'm really not passable as I want to dress, but may be able to go out and 'blend'.. Will post pics if I succeed!!
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Silver Member
    I'm pretty much accepted by women, but I seldom try to appear as one. I also don't wear dresses much, but neither do the women I associate with. They see me wearing pretty clothes mostly casual and talk about where I or they bought things. Even wearing a C cup bra no one has mentioned it. Except one time while talking about bras and it came to me and I said I liked Le Mystere. Then everyone wanted to know why. Oh, and one neighbor said I had more lingerie than all the women in the cul-de-sac when she came over and saw some of it that I was sorting into laundry baskets.

One thing I don't do is intrude into intimate body discussions between the girls. I don't try to go to the girls night outs. Shopping trips are my vice and most of the women feel safer when I'm along.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 11-09-2012 at 10:04 PM.

When I dig it up again I am thinking of putting one of my older puss'es up.
    There are a lot of people not putting their current puss up at the moment.
    So, a change is as good as a holiday.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, my latest avitar photo is of me sitting in a chair. That's probably pretty "everyday".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I don't think anyone would want to see pix of my daily life. Load the dishwasher, ironing, clean toilets and shower, vacuum... not glamorous. The saving grace, 11 a.m. coffee with my GG friends. We're such a tight knit clique that they forget I'm not technically one of them. It's 9:57 a.m. time to get made up-Life is good-Celeste

Oh crap, I'm all dressed. Dons on me it's saturday. My coffee girls don't meet on saturday. Having a senior moment. Best therapy for brain farts...shopping. Need milk, new bathroom light fixture, ordinary things. Home depot, supermarket, ordinary is boring, but somebody's gotta do it.-Celeste
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-10-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.