Thread: Less is more?

Less is more?

I recall when I was younger and my stash was small I would dress and wish I had a wig, forms, etc. As much as I loved my time in femme I was wanting to be able to go "all the way" as far as dressing, clothes, makeup hair and heels. I never was fully satisfied with what I could do and wanted more.

As I have gotten older I have been able to have those things with many opportunities to dress and fully present as a woman, even going out occasionally. If I want to I can usually get fully dressed with all the appropriate padding, clothing, wig, makeup and such often enough that I am happy with the amount of time that I have to be in femme.

I have a flexible work schedule and can usually spend about 70% of my time working from home. I have noticed recently that rather than dress for the full femme appearance I often find myself happy to just put on a bra with forms, panties, maybe a t shirt or tank top with shorts. In other words I don/t feel as great a need to make the full presentation, especially if I am just being casual around the house.
    Just wondering how many others find that they can feel femme just being casual with minimal enhancements for a minimal look.
    I guess I find now that I can enjoy just having the basic feel and not have to always go to the max.
    Just a thought, anybody relate?

Molly

Molly: I agree completely. And isn't that just the way genetic women act? Who needs heels around the house? Just some lipstick and a bit of pressed powder, slacks and a tee. Of course, the slacks I tend to wear are women's.

Ha,,,,Ha,,,,, Our little girl is growing up to be a Lady ,,,LOL,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Less is more........ boring... imho....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A few props will often suffice Hon. We really don't need much more than that other than our mindset and imagination to feel feminine Molly. The other stuff is definitely a "nice to have" though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I work from home almost full time and dress every day. I do pretty much the same daily routine - make up, shaper, bra/forms and wig regardless of my plans, but if I'm going to stay around home, I'll wear a casual top and shorts or jeans. Always women's wear, but decidedly casual at home. If I'm going shopping or out for coffee, I'll dress a little nicer, but I save the dresses and high heels for formal occassions.

Sounds so familiar to me.
    I think it's because we are becoming so much more comfortable with ourselves that we can now "dress down" and still feel we are fully expressing our femininity. Just yesterday I was sitting here reading the forum wearing black leggings, comfy shoes and an oversize blouse with bra and forms. I felt no need to do my face since it was just me sitting here relaxing, but I still felt complete.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    There are occasions when I only wear undergarments around the house. It's usually when I am banging away on this keyboard on this site. However, it is the old "Cat on the Hot Tin Roof" Liz Taylor look. It's a bra, panty, full slip and hosiery and wig. After that it does not take much to throw on a dress and slip into a pair of heels.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    It's definitely "all or nothing" for me -- on the rare occasions I get to dress, it's got to be head to toe.

LOL Karen I really do know what you mean. I think sometimes I just find myself willing to settle and be OK with less in view of the available time. Enjoy what I can when I can...

I normally try to dress for comfort. I'm looking for a pair of women's yoga pants as they feel SO comfortable. Honestly, wearing a bra is a bit uncomfortable and getting all dressed up with no purpose is boring for me at this point. I do it for practice and to try new looks, but otherwise, if I'm not going out with friends, I won't dress up. I have guy clothes that are just as comfortable.

I think if I could dress more often I would be more comfortable with that, but for now I totally enjoy the total transformation to feel as feminine as possible. The act of applying my makeup and watching my male facial features mostly disappear is something I never tire of and find great joy in doing it. Styling my wig is always fun too, just to get a different look (even if it's a bad hair day). I love the feel of my PH, forms and slipping into my heels. I know GG's get tired of the "process" and I can totally understand that, but, for now, I need the complete package to be me.

Abby

I go all the way when I'm going out, but a pair of leggings and a nice sweater, with all the under pinnings is nice around the house.

While I like to do "the nines" occasionally, my normal dress is a few femme items like jeans and sweatshirts over nice panties.

Come to think of it, that's what most GGs do as well!

If I'm going out and want to be perceived as female I like to have as many feminine cues as I can. That's probably what a mannish-looking tall GG would do too!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Interesting question.
    I think every cd'er starts out by dressing to the nines, and if you are not a frequent dresser, the idea of wearing all the fun stuff like skirts/dresses, high heels, panties & sheer stockings seems very appealling.

I think , in my case, what probably started out as what I mentioned above, made me yearn for something more....which is the feminine experience, or the feeling of being a woman. One particular trait that I wanted to experience about being a woman is/was the fact that women have such a variety of clothing styles to choose from, on a daily level, and the sheer magnitude of a palette of paint in which to paint from. One day, it's a flowing dress and ballerina slippers, next day it's jeans and knee boots, the next day it's a mini skirt, then next day it's jeans, sneakers and a T-shirt. What I see amongst women is this attitude of "la la, I can wear anything I want"......and that, my friends, is what I want a piece of.

I'm one of the "more is more" types.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]The very last thing on earth that I want is to be dressed nicely and then catch a glimpse of my man face in the mirror. It screws up my brain. I'm only two people, either Lynn Marie, or her tall good looking room mate! I don't mix the two.[/SIZE]

I'm with Lynn!

Silver Member
    When I was a young crossdresser and could compete with girls for looks etc I always went the whole thing way. As I understood who and what I was and with age I've migrated to feeling comfortable with wearing women's clothes as a guy. I'm fortunate enough that I live in a casual lifestyle community so shorts and tops are the wear of the day. Most guys wear shorts and t-shirts.

I will always dress to pass even around the house.
    I may not have a close shave at home but I always wear a wig and look like I pass if I answer the door.
    Going into the street driving etc. I always look like a woman. If I don't want to look like a woman, I will get real kinky and dress up in mens clothes.
    Dressed like that I was only challenged once when I was 20. That was wonderful. Sigh!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.