Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing Veterans. You're special! Thank u!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Dressing Veterans. You're special! Thank u!

Thank u cd.com! For acknowledging Veterans Day. Let's especially remember those that gave their ALL for our freedom to BE WHO WE R and, who we WISH to be! And, to those they left behind.
    Let us NEVER FORGET THEM!

And, to those service persons from every nation that fought and r still fiting against tyranny!

Here's to all u vets who served and r back with us today. And, to those folks that still serve.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Thanks to all who are serving and those who have served.

Gold Member
    I Thank you for the Thank You, You are very welcome. It was a privilege to serve.
    Rader

Likewise, again thank you for remembering us, it was an honor to serve our great country

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I did serve, and I thank all the others who have served, and those that are serving the rest of us now!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thank you Doc for this wonderful thread as a tribute to all of us who served. As a US navy veteran (1963-1967), on behalf of my former shipmates on the USS Orion, veterans of all wars, and those who are still serving, we appreciate the honor you and the forum mods have shown us on this very important day.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Thank you all for your service

Thanks to all that have served, are still serving, and those that didn't come back. My 4 years in the Air Force were a great experience and changed my life...no thanks required.

All Veterans are very SPECIAL. I need not tell Any Vet they have not been appreciated for there service. That was not right and never will be.To all that have served. So we can live as we do. I humbly say thank you.You are all #1 the best we have every one a HERO.
    Angie

You're welcome. 8 years Navy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thanks Sherry so nice of you to post this.
    Appreciate CD.com as well for the acknowledgement.

There was an article today about how veterans and those currently serving mostly do not like to be "thanked' for doing what they chose to do - serve their country.

I am a vet ('Nam '66) and I don't really know what to say when someone thanks me for my service. When I meet another veteran or someone in uniform, a quick nod is all it takes for each of to acknowledge what we know - it is our country and responsibility to protect it - and we did!

Rather than thank us, why not work towards not needing making any more future veterans. I know I would appreciate not losing anymore friends and relatives - and for that I'll thank you.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-received?lite

Miki

It is a privilege to be able to say "Thank You" to a veteran or to anyone who serves in our armed forces. Although you are often humble about such things, you are our country's best.

So, to those who have served, and to those who continue to serve, a huge personal "Thank You!"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Thank u cd.com! For acknowledging Veterans Day.
    We do every year and you're all most welcome

My grandad served in WW2, as a para and then as MP. He never did talk about being a para (red beret), said some things are better left unsaid... I do have pictures of him in uniform, he was a fine looking soldier, may he R.I.P.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I appreciate the thanks. When I came home from Viet Nam in 1970 and again from Germany in 1971 I was not received very well at all. The only ones happy to see me were family and a few close friends. I admit I was a bit jealous of those serving in Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq when I saw their homecoming. I've always felt bad when I compared the VN veteran's homecoming to present day troops. The vets that really made a difference in the lives of all Americans was the WW II vets. My thanks to all of you.

US Navy here, in the O-gang in a fast attack boat, Sturgeon class, during the Cold War, '77-'85. The experience was the defining time of my life, and frankly, I believe I am the one who should be thanking the country that saw fit to give the training to a 23 year old Ensign, and equip him with the most advanced undersea nuclear (that's new - cle - are, not "nucular", George) fighting platform ever conceived. It was ... incredible what we could do. The reds would never have stood a chance. The only problem was that I could not risk staying in with the clearances and the secret of being a CD.
    Thanks for starting the thread.
    To those on eternal patrol, I raise my glass.
    Thanks to all of you that stood, and are still standing, in harms way, so we can be who we are. I doubt you can CD in Iraq as easily as we do here in the States.

I appreciate the comradeship whilst we were in.
    And the comradeship now we are out.
    If we are human will never forget.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It was a privilege to serve. U.S.N 1954-1958. USS Forrestal, USS Rockbridge.

When someone says thankyou to me, I fell akward when I reply. 28 years Army. I don't fell like I did anything special. I get called a "Hero". It is hard to explain to someone who has not been there. It was the best time of my life.

Here's to the future. May it be peaceful.

Its always good to be appreciated. Certainly better than the other option. 8yrs Army, OIF '07-'09

It really didn't feel like anything special when I was serving.
    I am so proud to have had the opportunity to have been in the Navy.
    It really did have a major part in who I am today.
    USN 1974-1978

A CD and a vetran here also. Thanks to all the other vets and those that love them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

A big thank you to all veterans of the U.S. and her allies! And a big hug to all the CD/TG/TS who have served!
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

Thank you to all the other veterans here on the forum who served. If only my CO knew!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I'm hoping there is a special place in heaven for those who have served! I know there is one in my heart! Thank you! May your life be happy in all your endeavors!

Kathleen Ann