Thread: I made a boob!

I made a boob!

If you thought I was going to tell you how I'd found a new way to make breast forms, I'm sorry to disappoint you. Here's the story...

We moved my mother-in-law into a care home just over two years ago, and after clearing out her belongings from her house, I spotted two silicone breastforms in the bin; where my wife had thrown them out. My MIL had had a double mastectomy years ago, but recently hadn't recently bothered to wear the falsies. So what does a guy do? I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. They were Amoena size 4, not as big as I wanted, but with difficulty, I got them home in secret (my wife is very anti-CD). To boost the size, I'd got to packing a pair of socks or two behind each of them in my 38C bra when I got the opportunity to dress, and was very happy with the look, the soft smooth feel and the weight.

Fast forward to last night, when my wife was away for the weekend. I'd got into a dress which was quite stretchy but a bit tight (too small for me really), and it flattened everything, so with difficulty, I forced another pair of socks in behind the forms. I looked much better in the mirror now, but when I undressed a few hours later, I felt the unmistakable slipperyness of silicone as I removed the left one. Yes, you guessed, it had split open where the back membrane was attached to the rim. Fortunately, the gel is in one lump, so there was no leakage, but I no longer have a way of achieving the realistic look and feel of 38C's. Boo Hoo. Until I can buy a pair (my size)without my wife finding out.

Has this happened to anyone else? And if it hasn't, don't let it happen to you by putting any excess pressure on your forms. You have been warned! I'd have been really p**'d if I'd paid £100 or more for them! Lesson learned.

Tony

Sorry it happened to you, but yes, boobs past their prime tend to break. They usually leak out a sticky mess that is so tenacious it's best to throw out boob, bra, clothing all at once. I've had them let go in bed, so add to that toss out the sheets. Most manufacturers suggest replacing them every two years. I have some up to four years old, but the ones I wear daily likely will only make the two year mark, including sleeping with them. -Celeste

“Yes, you guessed, it had split open where the back membrane was attached to the rim. Fortunately, the gel is in one lump, so there was no leakage, but I no longer have a way of achieving the realistic look and feel of 38C's.”

Hey, it is Sunday so…

Welcome to the NFL! (No Filling Leakage)

But you made the right “call” on that play!
    A “dislocated seam” is an unrecoverable “injury” that will typically sideline that player for good.

Although it is possible to “repair” a tear or “hole” in the urethane casing used in most breast forms (methods discussed elsewhere on the forum), a separation of the seam is almost always fatal.

You just can’t achieve an “airtight” seam again that will last. Without an airtight seal, the silicone gel becomes a “Petri-dish” for bacteria growth from your sweat and body heat to create the perfect storm of MOLD!

So, you were right to cut that player loose and draft a good replacement to finish out the season!

Go Broncos!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    I am guessing your MIL didn't know you borrowed them? You should have asked first. Just walk into her room with them and say, "Hey, can I use these?" She would have been delighted that you had the curtesy to ask
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Burst boobs.... Buy another pair and all will be good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    My stupidity was a year and a half ago in Vegas. Was trying to get a dress zipped up and it wasn't happening with the hook undone. I was fast running out of time as I was suppose to be somewhere. So I spun the dress around so I could engage the hook and spun it back in a hurry and the hook just ripped through the top of a form lifting about a 1 inch chunk. I was out of options, so I tacked it down with form tape and enjoyed my evening. At the end of the night, I went by a drug store and got some Tagaderm. I cleaned the form well which seemed to help me on the mold front (thanks Eluuzion!) and applied the tape. I just replaced that tape last weekend. Got my money's worth there but "the moment of impact" really sank my heart.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sorry, Tony!

But, that's why I only sleep in solid silicone forms, with no poly covers. Can't burst or leak because they have no liquid in their centers!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I am guessing your MIL didn't know you borrowed them? You should have asked first. Just walk into her room with them and say, "Hey, can I use these?" She would have been delighted that you had the curtesy to ask
    Don't think so Nicole; dementia was the main reason we had to move her into a home for 24/7 care. And my non supportive wife would have been mortified if she even knew I hijacked them on their way to the tip, let alone let ANYONE else know what I wanted! Asking permission was not an option, and they had been thrown out.

Tony