Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting makeup on in cars?

Putting makeup on in cars?

So this morning, I noticed the woman, who was beautiful by the way putting on makeup in traffic, and not just touching up her lipstick, but eye liner, mascara, blush, then some lip gloss. She did this at a few different stop lights. I know women do this all the time, but wow, I am always impressed that they can do their makeup in the car while in traffic. I have a hard enough time doing my makeup at home in front of a mirror. So while it may not be the best idea safety wise, I am very impressed they can do their makeup in the car, good for you ladies!

Have any of you girls tried that?

Cheers,
    Erika

Nope. I need a big mirror, space and lots of light to apply my makeup... lol. But I agree with you, it's an impressive skill some GGs seem to have!

As a working musician who has toured and performed dressed countless times, sometimes I'm not given a dressing room, or it's so gross my feet stick to the floor, so I'm often forced to get ready in the band van, or my car. I'm not in traffic, but it's not optimum lighting, and I have to use a handheld mirror. A girl does what she has to do. Putting on lipstick in a moving car, with no mirror? Piece of cake. A real car trick- While in the driver seat (parked please), change from jeans and a tee shirt, to, hip and butt padding, forms, underwear, pantyhose, dress, do hair and makeup. I've had to do that in the unfortunate situation of -border crossing, then straight to work at a place with flooded dressing rooms. -Celeste

No, when you trowel it on you need to be really steady otherwise it may slide off... I need a large mirror with lots of light to get things right.
    Chickie

Only makeup I carry with me is my blush, mascara,lipstick and gloss. Makes it easy to freshen up sittin at a light. Just keeping it simple works for me.
    Renee

I've definitely have tried it, but have failed miserably. I also like big mirrors, working with a tiny one frustrates me. I did it ones in a Wal-Mart parking lot and found myself running to the ladies room. Lol.
    Done crying.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No problem! Like Celeste, I can put on my makeup in my bathroom or out and about. With or without a mirror, in a train going thru the Rockies, or on a plane landing in a thunderstorm!

Unlike Celeste, mine always looks terrible no matter what!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have tried, but find that it is to much of a hassle to try to apply something at every stop light or even while driving, which I have seen some gg's do. It takes 20 minutes to apply my makeup and in the car... um, much, much, much longer. So in general sense of the question I would rather do my makeup at home!!

Angela

If I have a big makeup job in a car, I make sure the parking meter has at least twenty mins left on it.
    Lipstick I can put on blind and driving one hand.
    I think that's amazing enough.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It ain't that pretty if you happen to hit a pot hole though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks Kate, I will take that on board.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Have any of you girls ever tried getting a citation for "inattentive driving?" Put the makeup on before leaving the house or after getting to your destination. The same goes for you guys when in male mode who like to shave while driving. Even applying makeup or shaving at a light is not wise.

Exactly, Stephanie. Here it is dealt with as careless driving, which means a significant fine or jail time, and not only that, the offender often has their insurance cancelled. That means they have to go to a company taking on all risks, and the company charges accordingly.

I adjust my makeup in the car somewhat often, I never do the driving so its no harm to anyone, in fact I did so last night, I was my first date in a about a month.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Only applied foundation whilst in the car, had to park up for everything else though and like most others, the interior light is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I use makeup in my suv all the time but never while moving. Many times I do all my makeup including getting dressed in my suv after work if I have a chance to go out dressed while in Atlanta. It doesn't take me but 20 min or so for my face, eyes, lips, nails and jewelry. Bam ready to go.

I can do it but only when the car is parked and I use a mirror which I place on top of the dashboard.

I have done makeup in my car but the results were not good, LOL

Sigh, I'm going to sound all preachy now, but here goes...

I agree with Stephanie. I ride a motorbike to work and back every day, and I've come to expect the worst from drivers who are doing something other than paying attention to the road. I've had a guy on his mobile pull out directly in front of me, a woman putting lipstick on decide to move across lanes despite me being next to her... I could go on all day. It might be impressive that some women can do their makeup so quickly, but if you really think that it's better to multitask in the car than get up 20 minutes earlier, then your priorities are all wrong. Modern cars are already full of distractions, there's no good to come from adding more.

Sorry to get on my high horse but I just wish drivers would pay attention to the road more!
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Aspiring Member
    A fantasy of mine is to actually fard in a car. Some times when dressed I will go out in the garage and sit in the car and apply makeup in the rearview mirror and imagine myself stopped at a red light.
    One of these day I am committed to making that a reality.

my BMW cars have nice well lit mirrors. it seems to have been made for a woman in a lot of areas. I use it to touch up makeup.

but not while I'm driving.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Every once in a while I'll see a woman applying mascara while actually driving the car. I'm both amazed at her skill and appalled at her self-distraction!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm not impressed when I see that...I'm appalled!!
    I drive for a living and see far too many people doing things like that that take their attention from the road and place it on some task they could do Better and Safer somewhere else. It's very vain and self-important to do things like that in traffic.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It takes me over an hour with a lighted magnified makeup mirror and still looks awful most of the time. I cannot imagine doing it in a car. But then I have not had the advantage most GG's have had with growing up as a female.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Yes I put my makeup in the car only ocasionally when I need a touchup.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone