Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired . . .

Tired . . .

I guess at 47 maybe I am feeling my mortality, but I'm tired. Worn out, ain't got another freaking mile in me, tired. . .
    Am I the only one that is tired . . . . ?

Yep, we all feel that way some time. You're still a kid. A good looking kid that's got the world by it's tail. Live it. When you get to be the age of this ol' hag, you come to realize we too thought our glass was full at your age. And you know what? It's wasn't. We piddled away the best years of our lives.

So there... you did you're part and complained.
    And I did mine and preached like a little ol' lady.

Get a good rest. Look around when you get up. You got it a lot better than a lot.
    Here's to ya girl

Yep, tired & frustrated. You've only got me by a couple of years, so does that make me an over achiever??? 'Cause really I'd like to back off a bit..... Time for bed...
    Denise

We have enough youth - how about a fountain of smart......

Platinum Member
    Hi Kid, I'l be 70 in four weeks and some times I feel to tired to get dressed
    but I just suck it up and get dressed and forget all about being tired.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 11-13-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Same here at 48.
    But I'm fighting that feeling whenever I can, I don't think I want to go gently.
    Partly the body slowing down, part mid-life crisis perhaps.

Just remember, "... on a bad day, there's always lipstick..." (from an 80's ad campaign)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Krististeph; 11-13-2012 at 09:44 PM.

I can certainly relate to that, and I'm 8 years your junior. The only thing that really matters to me would be to transition, but I don't know that I can carry it out (mainly for family reasons). On the other hand, I can't stop thinking about it, which is preventing me from focusing on anything else. So, perhaps not for the same reasons as you, but heck yeah, I also feel tired. Sometimes I even wonder, what's the point of it all?

Now, I'm curious, have you tried to talk to a therapist about it? What would you say is the main source of stress and frustration that compounds to this overall feeling of tiredness?

Nope, not me

Older than you even with several spinal surgeries etc.

Though I think you are very cute....
    HUSH and wipe them tears from your eyes and slap on a smile and some mascara!
    Last edited by Momarie; 11-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

It's that stupid time change they do twice a year. I swear I want to go out and shoot something just for no reason, and I hate guns. Go shopping en femme to help. Works for me.
    FYI the time change was invented for just that reason, shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    It's that stupid time change they do twice a year. I swear I want to go out and shoot something just for no reason, and I hate guns. Go shopping en femme to help. Works for me.
    FYI the time change was invented for just that reason, shopping.
    What does deer season have to do with this?
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Kimberly, I have shoes older than you...well not quite.

Now to get serious. I have to ask, are you able to tell, is this fatigue in the physical sense or a weariness of possibly emotional origin?

You sound like a very busy person, professionally speaking , and certainly it's possible that your just worn out. It's also possible that you're feeling the impact of other stresses in your life. Only you can answer that.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 11-13-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: iPad autocorrects

I think often times we get tired of playing the "game" Kim but not tired of being who we are. Just need some respite once in a while, that's all. Be well my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

At 55 I am starting to slow down a bit and now feel better than ever. I used to work 60 to 80 hours a a week trying to get ahead (for all the good it did) and now I just keep my head low and stay below the radar. I spent most of my life trying too hard, sometimes you just need to look out for yourself. Take a vacation!

Same age here.....and I get burnt as well. Try to set aside time to stay in shape and pursue my interest. Although it's hard to find time to be Josie lately...might have to create second SCA persona

I also find that, if I push through the "tired" and get moving anyway, I'm usually glad I did....
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Yep, yep. Im the same age as you and tired too, cutie pie. But getting old does have advantages.

Miriam
    I understand the feeling - was the same way for me at 47 (five years ago). But then I had a total transformation of my life and now feel more alive than at any time in my life. It can and will improve, but take the tiger by the tail and make it happen.

Miriam

Gold Member
    It's OK to get tired...especially with your schedule and all the flying and traveling around the country you do! My prescription: Time with your family.......then have fun again!! (BTW....you ain't even old enough to be over the hill!! )

Gold Member
    Years after having Lasik, I was feeling the same thing. Took me a while to think of it and sure enough, need reading glasses. When was your last checkup? Never mind that all the travel gives you a good reason to feel that way.

But I think you are in good company. Madeline was tired too!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    It's OK to get tired...especially with your schedule and all the flying and traveling around the country you do! My prescription: Time with your family.......then have fun again!! (BTW....you ain't even old enough to be over the hill!! )
    This. I'm nearly a decade older than you, Kimberly, and some days I feel quite tired. Today is one of those days. Usually a break, some real time away from work and responsibilities, enjoying hobbies, and relaxing without pressure to do anything helps. Sometimes it takes a few days. Weekends often seem too short and can have too many things that have to be done, and I am single and no kids!

(I always enjoy your blog posts!)

I am a 58 year young lady. I go through times when I don't think I cannot go anymore. I take a few days off and stay home not letting anyone know I'm off so I can have my time. Maybe even take a short trip to get out of town and away from the everyday people I see. Don't get me wrong, I love my everyday people, sometimes you just need to get away and so you can relax. Just sayin

I'll be 49 tomorrow and I'm not tired or nearly finished. My only real complaint is I'm a little tired of being poor, but that's slowly changing.

Tired? Can't wait for next week to get out and about in some of my new clothes.

Sounds like you just need a break, your race isn't run at 50!

Best,
    SS

Silver Member
    As a senior member, I can tell you that life is what you make of it. Relax and enjoy. You are of the age that you can quit worrying about others and take care of yourself. As I've aged, I find life is more fun. At somepoint we all feel the sudden realization that life is not forever and panic. The truth is it comes and goes, but think of all the pretty lingerie you have yet to try.

Yes i was too at that age we all were trying to get a head i think 30 48 we work the hardest and u know being in the navy how we work . U are going to have to start working out and start taken vim. it has done wonder for me can run 3 mil and walk 5 at 54 and know people older that can top that. so now u will have to go out shoping and get work out outfitts all molto have gyms so get in there lv cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    Just remember, "... on a bad day, there's always lipstick..." (from an 80's ad campaign)
    Hmmm, I remember that ad! I wonder if it resonated better with us CDers than it did with its target audience?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm 46, I feel better than I did when I was 36.
    Other than running and exercise, I make it a point to sleep in on weekends. When the body says I feel tired, I need to sleep....obey it and do it!

As much as you travel Kimberly, it is no wonder! That alone is exhausting! A good night's sleep is all you need! Sleep, have some fun, get back to center.

We are the same age and we can't let these youngsters have all the fun!

Hugs,
    Debby
    Debby