Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tired . . .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm nearly 2 decades older than u, Kim. And, I rarely get tired. Plus, I seem to get by ok with less sleep lately. However, I notice a number of my friends seem to fade easily these days.

I don't think you're the type that gets tired often, but as Josie said, burnt out maybe? U can't burn the candle at both ends forever. On the plus side, the holidays may give u a chance to re load.

Then again, maybe not getting enuff Kim time is your problem?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Kimberly, Since I know that you are seven days older than me does this mean I'll feel this way next week?
    Cause I don't feel it now. Taking on my gender issues have really energized me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I'm a year and a bit older then you and I started feeling tired a couple of years ago. At the advice of my doctor I started exercising; I know when you're tired you don't feel like it but it's done wonders for my energy levels - and as a plus I lost a dress size.

Just to rule out anything nasty - go see the doc.

Kim. Take my word for it. It is only an age related thing that will pass. We all get there at one point or another, but the beat comes back. Hang in there. Consider it a mid life crisis, since an affair is out of the question. You are the affair.

Friends welcome
    Hi Kim, I just read a new word in the seniors dictionary, Exhaustipated= Just too damn tired to give a shit.But I still enjoy getting up in the morning,stepping into my heels and walk into my world.Hang in there hon.
    A little bit of powder and paint,
    can make me look like what I ain't

At 47 you're still young! The best years are ahead (that's what I always say)! Everyday is a new beginning - a new adventure - another new step in our journey through life. If you're tired, get some sleep. Then wake up and enjoy the new day ahead. Have fun! No, have lots of fun and laughs along the way. Look in the mirror and smile!
    Di

I am tired of being retired with no deals to make. Sorry, but at 66...

Miki

[SIZE="3"]Yea...I can relate, Kimberly. I usually work up to 80 hours a week on the road and when I get home I just want to just crawl into a hole and pull a cover over it. But a break of a few days with some proper sleep and time with my loved one usually gets be back on track. Sometimes life just piles up on you and I need to step back, take a deep breath and prioritize things.
    My dressing goes with my energy level...when I'm burned out I can't even get out of my nightie......
    Chin up, Kimberly
    Hugs!
    Karen Elizabeth
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I get tired of everything now and then.
    Take a deep breath go out and window shop and when you get some good ideas in your head come home and put them together.
    Now find a handbag and take those new ideas out the door again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Don't feel bad, I often felt that way in the past, and I was only in my late 20s at the time.

Frankly, given all of the grief and obstacles put in front of myself by the powers that be that (which I have no control over), some days I really wonder why I even bother getting up and going to work everyday. It is no surprise some people feel that way in this day and age.

Not hardly!! I am 52, and in just the last 5 or so years, I am REALLY feling my age too. I guess over 30 years in my current occupation just might have a little to do with it, but at least I'm still able to kick up my 5" stilettos and have some fun.

I too am tired of everything, at age 53.
    TxKimberly- hang in there girl, have hope that tomorrow will be better!
    I love everyone who responded to this thread, thank you so much.
    Stephanie

OK Kim, your just a kid to some of us, but we all push to hard sometimes, put your feet up, relax and slow down for a few days, and pretty soon you'll jump up ready to get back in there swinging, or swishing and the case may be.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Suck it up Kimberly! I'm 13 years older and don't have time to stop and think about mortality.... got a new kitchen to install and hockey to play....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If you feel run down all the time, one thing to consider is having a doctor check your vitamin D levels. Apparently this is the new kick at the VA clinic I go to, when I went I was complaining of feeling a general malaise, and I never seemed to have any energy at all. They checked my vitamin D levels, and low and behold they were abnormally low. They sent me home with a vitamin D supplement, and amazingly enough, after about 3 weeks I had about three times the energy I did before. Might be worth a shot.

hang in there, I have always enjoyed your travels and freindly advice on cities. I just turned 60 , just watch those years ending in 0 ,at 40 i broke arm, at 50 i broke both arms and wrist, and thought my guitar playing was over. Now i just recovering from heart problems and now dealing with vertigo. Life goes on i look forward to hearing more of your travels. grace
    Last edited by grace52; 11-14-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: misspelling my should be more

ROFL - Thank you for the laughs (and the serious advice).

No advice from me. Not qualified to give it. BUT--I do hope you have a happy day today and find out what is making you feel this way.

Jumping in...

I am 42 but in the best physical shape of my life. That generally helps me get through the downs.

I am realizing my incredible, desperate downs, when they do come, are crushing. I don't believe a word anyone says, I get paranoid and sad, frustrated and angry. However, I also am learning these downs are necessary for processing stuff, and that I always come out of them even when it seems like forever...and when I do come out I am stronger than ever.

You will come back from this one hugs.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Aspiring Member
    I had a hard time being tired from about 45 to 52. At 51 I realized my TG issues were not going away, figured out with help from a psychologist that I was transsexual. Once I came to realize who I was and I was determined to tell my wife. Then I wasn't so stressed about hiding anymore and my energy came back. I told my wife and we are still together, we love each other and are working this rather large unexpected TS issue together. Lots of bumps to come but I'm feel free somehow. I can be me with out stress.

So, could be physical, could be mental that manifests itself into a physical problem. I had all sorts of test done and I was always healthy as a horse.

Kim -- I am on my third year of collecting Social Security and my first on Medicare (for what it's worth) and I, too, have been getting tired the past couple of weeks -- which I blame on coming off Daylight Savings Time. Plus the weather has been dreadful (very little sunshine). I work a very physical job which isn't bad, but once in a while I get beat up by the amount of heavy constant lifting I must do. But what tires me the most is the often mental aspect of the job.
    So, if you're tired, don't worry about it. I have a solution I use to perk up, but I think that you and everyone here already knows what it is.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

And although it may be sacrilege around here, I might suggest for all of us in middle age who are feeling listless and seem to have lost a lot of desire.....have the Doctor run a blood test, and have your testosterone levels checked!

Most people these days are physically 10 to 15 years younger than their stated age. Comparably, yourself at 55 would physically be equivalent to a forty year old man from the 1960's. That's due in part to better diets, better medical treatments to fix problems, more physical fitness, and better health awareness.

Yeah, part of this might be a "middle-aged crisis." But sometimes it's something fixable! Why not get fixed?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    At 55 I am starting to slow down a bit and now feel better than ever. I used to work 60 to 80 hours a a week trying to get ahead (for all the good it did) and now I just keep my head low and stay below the radar. I spent most of my life trying too hard, sometimes you just need to look out for yourself. Take a vacation!
    Amen to that - work too hard - life gets in the way - taking a vacation helps and a little "me" time with no distractions or time infringments usually helps..........................Debra

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Me too Kim. I've been tired since, let's see, 1984 or 1985. Then the 90's came along and beat me down so bad I was hoping the millenium virus would shut the whole thing down. I did have pretty good energy in April of 2001 and again in October of the same year. About three years ago I got a burst of energy and rolled over to see what was on the TV, but I had to lay down again. I'm working up to an active winter now. Wait, nope, the feeling passed.

Kim if you manage to get some rest, maybe even a couple of days vacation with the kids and the feeling persists, talk to the doctor. Sometimes it's physical and sometimes it's just a mental thing and if someone asks the right question you can see your way out. I'm beat now, it's time for a nap. ;-)
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Family time cures many ills, at least I believe so.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud