Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tired . . .

Banned Read only
    It sounds like mid life crisis time. No? From your postings on this site and your blog, it is no wonder you feel burned out. It seems you are constantly on the go. Even being able to travel en femme and "relax" in a hotel room does not replace kicking back and relaxing in your own home. At forty-seven I had to be still employed. I had kids in college and high school, and, a wife planning on getting her degree. The job I had for thirty plus was very confrontational. I was burned out for decades, but, I had to keep going. In my line of employment I reached the **** You date, when management could fire me without any adverse consequences. That made life tolerable until I was ready to pick my time.

I can only tell anyone who cares to listen you need to be debt free, live within your income, and, have realistic expectations. A person must control his destiny. If you rely on the government, then you're sunk. With defined benefit retirement plans gone, Medicare eligibility at 65 or 67, full social security retirement at 66 or later, most people are going to feel really tired for a long time.

What a lot of people do is to bag their current jobs when fully vested in a retirement plan and take their expertise to a less stressful and a new direction. Have math and engineering skills? Try teaching at a trade school or college.

And, if you really like what your doing, don't retire!

As Indiana Jones once said, "It's not the age, it's the mileage." Take some down time if you can.

Yeah, now I feel like the OP. This is tough. I forget the exact exchange, but my wife just said something that really rattled me. She says she didn't mean anything by it, and generally speaking she doesn't do that, but this horrible feeling washed over me and now it's still there. So now I am pouty.

When I get pouty, I stop shaving, I get into a way too large tshirt, pull some socks on and mope around. It always feels like the feeling is never going to go away but it gradually does. I know it will because it always does.

Part of being open is also being exposed, emotionally. Not suppressing things inevitably means previously dull feelings and emotions are way more amplified now. I am personally having a hard to adapting to the swings.

Just like now, I am constantly reminding myself this is a journey, not an event.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Oh, my! I am sorry that you are feeling as you are. Life (family, job, CDing, etc.) can wear you down. It is not uncommon to feel that way at your age (strangely). Take a deep breath and try to enjoy all that you have. Time will pass too quickly and you will soon wonder what happened. My age is the same as yours with the digits reversed so, "I have been there, done that".

You have one advantage over me in that you have been enjoying more of your fem self at a much early age than I did. One regrets what one did not do.
    Hugs, Carole

Kim;
    I have a line in my Flickr profile that says, in response to the posted age thing "I'm old enough to be your mother." Well in looking at it I could have been. (Just barely!) We all get to feeling burned out occasionally. I suggest maybe a break for awhile, you'll know when you've been away long enough, JUST DON'T GET RID OF ANYTHING!!!!!
    love ya,
    Carla
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

Hi Kim, I can understand with your schedule feeling rundown. One other thought is drugs! I know you have a health issue or two (don't we all in one form or other) but have your Dr.'s put you on any drugs lately or while you have been feeling rundown? I have noticed that some of the crap the Dr.'s have put me on are just flat taking the life out of me. Used to be I could work out on the farm all day and feel fine but now after about 4 hours I am burned out. I have decided to lose some more weight and hopefully get off the drugs completely.

Best of luck to you.

Robyn

Aspiring Member
    Definitely relate. During the day I have good energy but at about 7ish at night it's over. I am 47. For some of us I guess this is when it sets in. I go out and run 7-8 miles twice weekly but am still worn out at night.

I cannot tell you how many times my wife has suggested I get dressed after the baby goes to bed only for me to table the offer, reason, hell I'm too dammed sleepy to dress.

Few years ago it woulda been hell yeah and a marathon session into the wee hours. Not now. The dressing can energize me at times but here lately I just get en femme and nod out on the couch, that is no fun indeed.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    It is only an age related thing that will pass.
    Ya all got me dreading turning 30 now.............

Silver Member
    Kimberly - No matter what age we are, it is important to take care of ourselves. Diet/exercise/rest/relaxation/sleep/fun. If we become aware that we are continually tired, or depressed, or stressed, or sickly - then we have to do something about it. A trip to the doctor is a good first step. Maybe we need a change in our routines. Maybe we need a career change. It is not OK to simply accept being tired, or run down. 47 is not old. 57 is not old. 67 is not old. Thinking old is old.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Am I the only one that is tired . . . . ?
    Kim, I have been tired for 5 years now.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm damn tired too I've just cancelled my girls night out as Launa this Friday. Its sometimes too hard to coordinate going out to an event all dressed up. Thats how tired I am
    Last edited by Launa; 11-14-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Hang in there, seestah. I'm tired, too. But I'm not quite worn out. Yet.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Kimberly, judging from your recent posts and your blog, these past couple of months have been especially hard on you, mentally and physically. It's no wonder you feel tired. Sometimes I find it helps just to take life oe day at a time and try to suck up some pleasure in the immediate moment. I hope things will begin to look better...

Aspiring Member
    Kim,

Try some Geritol! Wow, I can't believe they still make that stuff. In the 70s it was advertised for 'tired poor blood'. I don't know if that was blood that lacked money and was tired.

Any way, lot's of good advice has been given. Sometimes simplifying one's life can help.

Take care girl & hope your energy returns soon.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    I'm damn tired too I've just cancelled my night out as Launa this Friday. Thats how tired I am

Friday's are the worst. The only thing I wanna do on a Friday night is find the king size. I simply grind to a halt quickly.

At 46, I am having a hard time with the way my life has gone. Everyday is a struggle and I am tired of everything all the time.

Brandi

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I guess at 47 maybe I am feeling my mortality, but I'm tired. Worn out, ain't got another freaking mile in me, tired. . .
    [SIZE="4"]Sorry there old girl. I know what you mean. Leading two lives can be exhausting. I always wonder at how you can look so good and be so busy at the same time.

I'm tired too but for different reasons. I'm 69, had major surgery 3 weeks ago, and haven't been out shopping for a month or more! Yeah, I'm beat too, but going out Friday night with the girls for sure.
    [/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Kim, I guess I need to ask if you are ok, have had your regular physical, get aerobic exercise, and if you are eating well (on the road must be a gastronomic nightmare!)? At 47 you should be cookin! Maybe an overall health appraisal is in order?

Six years ago my doctor, in a very serious voice, told me to fight aging in every way possible, and that as a scientist I had the tools to do it. My femme side helps a lot and I've become very concious of what we can do to keep the body energetic and resiliant. However, it's not easy on the road to do what needs to be done.

Do take good care of yourself!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I know how you feel it sounds like you need to take a break maybe a nice calm vacation.
    I recently turned 60 and feel really good and always on the go.
    Try some liquid vitamins they help a lot with the energy drain us old farts get.

It's a toxic cultural imperative that we buy into as men. Step outside the circle and breathe. Increase your awareness of who you are and what you really need. I am 61 and feeling exactly the same. We don't have to slave ourselves to our jobs, etc. Find your strength. Peace, Brother, be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaela51 View Post
    It's a toxic cultural imperative that we buy into as men. Step outside the circle and breathe. Increase your awareness of who you are and what you really need. I am 61 and feeling exactly the same. We don't have to slave ourselves to our jobs, etc. Find your strength. Peace, Brother, be well.
    I have never been more aware of who I am, and my impact on others, than I am right now. I am starting to understand that humans are social creatures. I have never been very social, but now I know I have to be to survive. I know I have to reach out to others like me, because no one of us can do it on our own.

That's probably why I am posting here more...

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Hi Kim!
    So I must confess that when I first joined here, one of the threads I read had your post, and I was amazed at how beautiful you were. I couldnt believe that you were not GG.
    I read your profile, looked at your pictures and put you way up one a pedestal as some one to emulate. You were some one very comfortable in their skin and did an amazing job of being a very beautiful Kim.
    I think you need a hug (((((((((((((((((((((((((((KIM)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))).
    So if the world is getting you down, then you need to put on your prettiest outfit and take a KIM day. Just walk out the door, and relax, do what makes you happy. I also find it comforting to go out into the woods, where no one else is around and scream. After one or two bursts you will be all better.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I've got 7 years on you and trust me, you ain't tired. I'm tired. You keep on keeping on because you are what we'd all like to be at this age.

I am close to 55 and i hit that roadblock several years ago. Just have to keep moving....

Banned Read only
    so very very tired... utterly exhausted.. u r not alone dear. every day we wake .. yet one additional battle to get through the day that others dont have. our burden hon

I guess at 47 maybe I am feeling my mortality, but I'm tired. Worn out, ain't got another freaking mile in me, tired. . .