Thread: ID for cross dresser need help

Talking ID for cross dresser need help

Hay girls need a little help with getting a ID in girl mode have asked this on outher threads . I read on the DMV page that in nc. that you can only have one state ID, and has enty body got a ID from the VA read that thay will help i went to cheek that out next time i go over there. thanks cindy

Amazing Member
    I guess we have discussed the tricks we have used to work around it, in other threads, but officialdom will always try to set some rules and regulations that we will run afoul of, or some of us will. Most authorities of course do frown on the sort of ways to maintain two or more identities at the same time that look suspicious, since having laws against that help the police to catch those who do that in order to aid in their criminal endeavours.

I guess you have to read the fine print that defines the line between legal and illegal use of aliases in your jurisdiction. Here, there seems to be some tolerance of the practice of using an alternative femme name when you are dressed as/presenting as, a woman. Attempts to combine an alternative quasi-id document in a femme name, with a letter that the police will recognize as to the llegitimacy of your transgenderism, would seem to be a good project for a support group or gender clinic. In the end, this is a complex matter in a field, transgender sevices, that are stretched thin already or are a patchwork with too many holes to fall through.

Since the question is posed in the TS sub-forum, it makes it obvious that those of us who have passed through a CD phase, have solved the id problem by going as far as the full monte of gender transition, GRS/SRS. Most jurisdictions will give you female id after that, but if you want to CD the other way, FtM, kinging it, after that, you have the problem all over again, though in a different form. (You are less likely to have a man call the police on you, but more likely to be beaten or raped, and that is not much of an improvement.) At this point the old saying, "You can't have your cake and eat it too." comes to mind.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 11-14-2012 at 11:55 PM.

I legally changed my middle name because it was a masculine name but kept my first name (Kelly) because it was genderless and it was very easy but I did it with the help of an attorney.

I suspect you could do the same thing with your middle name and if you pick a genderless name that you like and than have your ID re-isssued using the middle name you could be home free regardless of how you use the ID.

If they resist than ask about using the first initial of your first name along with your new middle name in full.

I also choose a middle name starting with the same initial as my old one to keep things as simple as possible.

Kelly, this is brilliant! One of those "why didn't I think of that?" kinda things.

My hat's off to you!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-15-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: You don't need to be quoting posts when you refer to members by name
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).