Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight CD vs gay CD question

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Question Straight CD vs gay CD question

Someone once told me that men aren't either straight or gay but fall in somewhere in between. So, if your straight what percent would you say you we're gay? And under what circumstances would you cross that line?

If you're gay what percent are you straight?

Please don't be to graphic.

(Mod-if this topic is better suited for the private mens forum would you move it instead of deleting thanks)
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

idk hard to answer. im still trying to deal w/ that issue myself, as i just came out as a cd. Yet i have to admit, i am very attracted to men. At the same time, i love women, but i cant be sure if its them or their clothes at time. so i would say im a cd, and 49% gay/51% straight.
    michelle

to be honest, i guess im 95% straight, happily married and aroused only by my spouse. but there is this 5% part of me that likes to flirt and be friendly with men. but thats it. i guess there are more like me?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have no idea how u can come up with percentages, Briana. Unless you're bi?

There's NOTHING about men that I find arousing. The exception would be men that strongly resemble women. How would u compute a percentage number for that?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I have no idea how u can come up with percentages, Briana. Unless you're bi?
    Easy, you assign a number for certain traits then you plot it. P=<,05 I am convinced the sexual life is a bell curve. No one makes it to the absolute point one end or the other, You like how Bruce Willis looks when he is fighting the bad guys,,,maybe it shows just a hint of homo-eroticism. You look at how a man dresses and admire it...not really a straight thing
    after all you did assess another man over appearance. Nothing in the world is absolute except vodka.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hard one to answer since I'm not sure how correct your "someone" is, but I guess I'd have to disagree with their assessment regardless. Being straight involves one's capacity to be sexually attracted to and able to love someone of the opposite sex, while being homosexual requires the same but directed to the same sex. Bisexuality is the gray area and I'm sure that's where the answer to this lies.

The better question is: How bisexual are you? (If one feels they can qualify that with a measurement.)

The simpler question for heterosexuals to answer is: What criteria would need to be in place for you to be sexually attracted to and able to love someone of the opposite sex? If anything can found to create a positive answer, then simply refer to the bisexuality question above.

In my case, the answer is no criteria could suit that equation for me... so I'm sure my wife will be happy my percentage is zero.

jenn

This is an easy one to answer. “men aren't either straight or gay but fall in somewhere in between” What rubbish, who told you that!!!
    Some but not all men fall somewhere in between.

I am 100% straight.
    Last edited by suzy1; 11-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.

my clever saying here.... Mindy More's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Nothing in the world is absolute except vodka.
    Celebrating 30 years of Coming out and Going Out
    Mindy

Member of the "Pulled Over When Dressed Club"

If I can get out there, you can too

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    This is an easy one to answer. “men aren't either straight or gay but fall in somewhere in between” What rubbish, who told you that!!!
    No, not ALL men fall somewhere in between.

I am 100% straight.
    Its like being alive or dead.... there's no middle ground... imho... If you have sexual relationships with the same gender any percent of the time you not straight..... that being said there's completely nothing wrong with being gay.... my some is gay.... so who really cares who you do or don't do?

and whys this in the photo forum? I didn't see any visual aids! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You don't get any straighter than I am.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 11-15-2012 at 06:35 PM.

It doesn't matter how I am dressed, males in general simply repulse me. I have always gotten along better with women, and love all of them! Oh, BTW, I mean that figuratively, since the only one I really LOVE is my wife of 30 years!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Tough originally posted in the wrong thread I will respond.

As a woman I am straight and as a man I am straight!

Meaning though I am married and would not enter a relationship outside of it I have found that as a woman I do not like women in an attraction way however I have been attracted to a few guys and while as a man those attractions did not exist! So as a woman I am 100% straight and as a man I am 100% straight an as a guy I like women!

I don't think the two issues are connected, not for me anyway. I am 100% straight, no interest in men whatsoever. I am a CD and dress frequently, but only for myself, as this seems to be comfortable.
    But lets look at femininity. I think this is a horizontal scale, 100% masculine on one end, and 100% feminine on the other opposite end. Maybe no one is all the way on either end of this. I might be at a point on this sale that is 45% feminine.
    Stephanie

I would think it be a little hard to believe that men fall in between sexual preferences. You're one or the other. I myself am bisexual, I'm attracted to both men and women, but I would never settle down with a man in a relationship. So I consider myself gay. My attraction to men is simply sexual. I do find it hard to believe that men who dress up as we all do, are straight. Even if I wasn't attracted to men and be heterosexual, I would never consider myself as straight for the simple fact that I dress like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I do find it hard to believe that men who dress up as we all do, are straight.
    Well start believing it because its true!
    Last edited by suzy1; 11-15-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Briana, whoever told you that was a bit off. There are four main groups that define human sexuality: gay, straight, bissexual and asexual. That's it. People fall into one of the four. Gay and straight are mutually exclusive, asexual is not attracted to anyone, which leaves bissexual. There is more variance within this 'category' because they are attracted to both with varying degrees. Some bissexuals favor one gender over the other, some don't, some shift their preference over time, some are still bi-curious and haven't yet acted on their impulses. Whatever the case may be, how to accurate determine "percentages" and most of all, why even bother? Each individual is unique and free to seek whatever partners they feel attracted to in order to have fulfilling sexual experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Even if I wasn't attracted to men and be heterosexual, I would never consider myself as straight for the simple fact that I dress like a woman
    Careful, Millie! Sex, Gender, and Sexual Orientation are different things and not necessarily connected or dependent on one another. Sex means the sexual organs you were born with, from a purely physical point of view. Gender refers to psychological identification with either male or female roles. In turn, sexual orientation describes physical attraction, as per these four groups straight, gay, bissexual, asexual.

So, the fact that you are a biological man (sex, born with a penis), who likes to dress as a woman (gender, identifies with female role), and is attracted to both men and women (orientation, bissexual) is perfectly normal and understandable.

Bottom line: a person is not gay because she or he likes to dress with clothes generally associated to the opposite sex. A person is gay when she or he feels sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

Get it?
    Last edited by Jana; 11-15-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Its like being alive or dead.... there's no middle ground... imho... If you have sexual relationships with the same gender any percent of the time you not straight..... that being said there's completely nothing wrong with being gay.... my some is gay.... so who really cares who you do or don't do?

and whys this in the photo forum? I didn't see any visual aids! lol
    Like being dead or alive? Everyone is dying. Life isn't black or white. Anyone who thinks life doesnt have grey areas is just deluding their own life experience.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    You don't get any straighter than I am.
    ...says the dude in the lovely red summer dress

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Banned Read only
    There is no variation of percentage. You are straight or you are bi or you are gay. If a man calls themselves straight but can be sexually aroused by another man, they are gay or bi,not straight. And your sexuality has nothing to do with the clothes you wear. That is an excuse used by gay or bi crossdressers to act gay or bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Someone once told me that men aren't either straight or gay but fall in somewhere in between. So, if your straight what percent would you say you we're gay? And under what circumstances would you cross that line?

If you're gay what percent are you straight?

Please don't be to graphic.

(Mod-if this topic is better suited for the private mens forum would you move it instead of deleting thanks)

As a straight GG if it is ok to post, women admire women's attire and I admire men's attire as well....I think anyone will admire a well dressed person. Your orientation does not change by admiring attire of same or opposite gender attire. GGirish

For those of us who have gender issues, not just the ones who like women's clothes, there are three ways at looking at sex (the act).

Physiologically: xy + xx = hetero sexual, xy + xy, or xx +xx = homosexual. That's pretty straight forward.

Socio religiously: sex involving the sex organs you were born with. Once again, determining whats hetero, and what's not, is straight forward.

By gender: It gets really tricky here. A biological male, with a gender of female, has sex with a GG = homosexual?
    A biological male, with a gender of female, with a Genetic male= hetero?

Most, if not all, cd/trans women(biologically males) who feel even partly female, whose SO is biologically female claim that thier relationship is hetero sexual, despite all logic that defies it. Barring the oldest joke in CD land 'I must be a lesbian', it shows a certain homophobia among our members, who should be more open minded, and objective.
    Face it, a great many of us are having homosexual sex. Call it whatever you want, if it helps you sleep at night.-Celeste
    P.S. in answer to the OT, in my experience, most males are not as heterosexual as they make out/ tell thier wives. Thank god for fishing trips, and beer.

I don't know where the figures come from but the usual stats are 1 in 20 people are gay, male or female, 1 in 4 are bi-sexual male or female, any time in history, anywhere in the World. As far as T-Girls, in the widest sense of the word, are concerned, more than half are actively bi-sexual from many years of personal experience. However, there may be variations by membership of TV sites. Comfort zones perhaps. CDs.com membership may be less than 1 in 4.
    Gayle Stainforth

I think it's hard for a person who is 100% straight to say that everyone is either 100% straight or 100% gay (or whatever percentages you want to assign) simply because they don't have a proper frame of reference. We each see the world in our own way, and someone who can't see any other way (100%'ers) will tell you that you're full of "rubbish" (I think the word was). There are bisexual people out there, and I've often wondered if they're "bisexual but leans more towards one side or the other" or if they're just happy with anything.

Personally, I'm straight. And I know that puts blinders on me for being able to see the world through another viewpoint. I accept the fact there might be alternative viewpoints by people who can see things I cannot, though.

~Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa_59; 11-15-2012 at 02:02 PM.

I am 100% straight 100% of the time... when im dressed like a woman Im 100% into men. When Im dressed like a man I 100% into women.

For me I guess it is ...my sex is male, my gender is female and my sexual orientation is strongly towards women. A man does not do it for me in any way if he looks like a man. If the person is a man who looks like a woman, for instance a transexual, I am attracted to that also. It is the female form I am attracted to. This does not change for me whether I am done up as a man or a lady. In fact I prefer friendships with females, crossdressers, and transexuals as well over the friendship of a man. Always have.

Am I a mixed up mess or what? I am a man, who dresses as a woman, and who behaves as a lesbian.