Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you talk to?

Who do you talk to?

Do you have a supportive SO that helps with your make up and fashion choices?

Do you have a “girlfriend (in the non-sexual context),” GG or another CD, that helps paint your toe nails and goes shopping with you?

Do you belong to a support group that meets on a regular schedule?

Is it a professional councilor or therapist?

Or are you all alone (with the exception of this site…)? If so, do you wish you had someone to talk to, or are you happy being a solitary cross dresser?
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Yeah... on my own but with this site...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I am alone too. But I have done support groups and I do go out so I have met others and do talk with them occasionally. For the most part is is solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

My wife is supportive but not actively, I am mostly on my own with decisions these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I'm lucky that I have a supportive wife that participates, she has always known I like dressing like a girl and have a feminine nature so it's nice having a wife and girlfriend who I can share my true self with. Although I don't post much on this forum I am here daily, It's wonderful knowing there are so many other girls like me out in the world.

I talk to myself! and we both agree that we don't need any support or help.... its the only hobby that truly mine and mine alone!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have a group I meet with on a monthly basis and other than that I am alone with this forum. Yeah I would like to have someone close to me to share this with, go shopping together and explore. One day I will find the right lady, until then I will be careful who I choose to let in on my lifelong secret.

Besides my invisible friend doesn't like most people.

Put me on the list of only this site. I have others that know but really no one to talk to about it. They all seem to have thier own problems to talk to me about.

Lemme see:

1. Supportive SO? Nope. My wife knows but doesn't take part in any of it.
    2. Shopping buddy? Nope. I shop on my own, enfemme and in drab.
    3. Support group? Nope. Though I wish there were one around these parts.
    4. Conselor? Tried that, didn't help much. The counselor didn't have much experience with LGBT and seemed a bit prejudiced.
    5. All alone? Not really, I have found this site!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My wife is supportive, but extremely non participatory. So I have this site. Unlike Karren, my discussions with myself, thus far, have been one sided, and I am not answering me.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Pretty much solo most of the time ive met new friends lately... It sucks there in different states

I am definitely my own person in my own right. Even so, I have many local friends, both CD and non CD who know me very well, including many distant friends I have met through the Forum. My GF accepts me for who I am and loves me for who I am and with the exception of asking her opinion on my look sometimes, I pretty much have my own fashion sense and style. Years ago I felt alone but not any more. Always plenty of folks to talk with in any case.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am lucky and have my SO, who has been very accepting and supportive thus far. She shops with me but I do everything myself. Not that she probably wouldn't if I asked her but because I need the practice and am trying not to dress to often in front of her.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 11-15-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I'm totally isolated except for this site. It's quite lonely at times but I've learned to deal with it. At least I have my home here.

Lets see where I fit in here.

Supportive SO? In a word. YES! . She has known about my duality since day on. I told her within the first 5 minutes. Actually she got really made at me the otherday. Why you ask. She got made do to the fact that I had blown off an opportunity to go out en femme and instead opted to go in drab. Then. I invited the in laws and my mother to go to a holiday choir concert by the Seattle men's chorus. I had mentioned to her last year that I wanted to go in a ball type gown and gets really done up. But with the parents coming that isn't going to happen. After these two incidents. She was convinced that there was an issue with her and I that I wasn't getting dressed up enough and going out. Took days to convince her it was fine. Nothing to do with her.

Does she go shopping with me? All the time. She loves to go shopping when I'm in the fitting room. So we shop all the time together. En femme. En drab. Makes no difference.

Do I see a counselor? What for? So I can pay someone to tell me I'm fine. I know I'm fine. There a waste of money.

Support group? Nope. Went to one. Whole lotta bitching and moaning. No thanks.

Am I alone with just this site? Nope. Got the wife. Came out to all my friends that I wanted to. We do girls nights out a couple times a year. Heck. Half the sales associated in the area know me by name. It's really liberating once you throw off the shackles you put on yourself.

Cheers.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I'm a lone wolf or maybe a lone kitty cat. But I've always liked solitude.

I have a nice core group of friends I can unwind and be Dani with. Some are local, some are far away. All of them appreciate Dani! That's what matters most.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Alone. I like the tone of this group - friendly, supportive.
    Alone. It is difficult to convey feelings, wants, desires, bitches, complements when the only mode of communication is your fingers on the keyboard
    Alone. My wife knows and is tolerant, but not really accepting.
    Alone. I want to join a group and there are many in NorCal, but wife doesn't understand need to be 'out'
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do have an SO that is involved and likes it.
    Support group? Yes and I have met some great friends thru it.
    Most of my male friends that I am close too don't know about my other side and I don't plan to tell them.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Believe it or not my SO was against it (at first), he was happy and OK with being gay but when he sees how happy I am being Cyndi he got behind me (literally also ;-) LOL)

I'd love to be able to talk to my wife, and still see that as a possibility someday but as it is I come to this site. I don't talk a lot in the first place ,so it is nice to come here to help sort things out (privately) sort of.

i used to be alone!!! but i recently came out to my roommate and her kids......course that was a week after i found out a customer at work outed me at work! Now i can talk and dress at home. So, if anyone out there is alone, needs a friend...... feel free to talk to me!!!!
    Michelle

I'm all alone, I didn't even have 'these sites' before, either.

I'm only just opening up to even these sites, but even that's a bit slow. I'm doing okay though.

I have a supportive wife. This forum is my suport group for now and I am looking for a good therapist. Not that anything needs to be fixed I just want to understand a little more about me.

Very accepting wife and this group. Talk a lot to myself especially when missing the nail with the hammer.