Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    Pretty much solo most of the time ive met new friends lately... It sucks there in different states
    Agree, that it sucks you're so far away!

My wife knows and is fine with it, just not very helpful with makeup, but very helpful with other areas, like shopping for clothes.
    Last edited by Jenna J; 11-15-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added to original

Aside from talking to myself, and yes I also answer myself lol, I talk to my therapist. Right now we are figuring out what treatment is best. Hopefully I'll Start HRT next year. I talk to my fiancee every now and then but not much. She supportive though.

I am alone. This site helps.

I try to talk to my wife, but often times get the impression that it's a topic she'd rather not address. In otherwords, I can ask her a question, she'll answer it, and then change the subject.

I am, I suppose, fortunate in that I've been dressing for 30 years and haven't felt any sort of gender identity "disorder" (hate that word), I'm just happy to be a big hairy idiot guy who enjoys wearing certain items of clothing that's marketed to women. Think my wife's issue is that despite seven years of being together (told her before we were married), she still buys into the horribly unfair social stereotype that crossdressing equals pervert, gay, or wanting a sex change.

(By the way, have a massive amount of respect for anyone who does have to deal with those issues. Not trying to paint them as being negative, just saying that it's unfair that society in general that's ignorant of the subject, often tends to paint us all with one "weirdo" brush)

Outside of her? Nobody but anonymous message boards. And at times, that leaves me feeling very, very, very lonely, which just increases the ridiculous shame that pops up from time to time (despite me knowing full well there's nothing to be ashamed of.)

Ah well. At least I'm not Mitt Romney!

I am all alone except for this site. My wife and I can talk, but I try not to do this too often, as I know she does not really accept me being a CD. I don't want to keep bringing this up to her, as I feel it may be hurtful deep down inside for her. Best work through my own issues. Thankfully there is this forum, which is excellent!
    Di

I tried talking with a proffessional, but it was costing too much. She wanted to see me once a week at $125 a visit.Told an ex-girlfriend and she treats me like I'm gay. I told a longtime friend and she was supportive at first, but later told me I was a sinner in need of a girlfriend. Told my doctor and he is ok with it, but last time I was in for a check up he teased me a little about it. I now think it's best in my case to keep my Cding to myself from now on. I like it better this way.
    Cary

I sometimes think I am the happiest solitary cross dresser on this site. And that’s happy with a capital H!

But then I do have you lot to talk to

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    I tried talking with a proffessional, but it was costing too much. She wanted to see me once a week at $125 a visit.Told an ex-girlfriend and she treats me like I'm gay. I told a longtime friend and she was supportive at first, but later told me I was a sinner in need of a girlfriend. Told my doctor and he is ok with it, but last time I was in for a check up he teased me a little about it.
    Cary, I... I mean... I just...

WHAT THE #$%# IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??!?!

Sorry you had to go through that. Horribly unfair to slap completely undeserved labels on you.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife talks to my male self. My wife talks to Tina.

That covers the ground .

The fact is that I'm sure I would be progressing much more slowly without my wife's constant and wonderful input. Love her like crazy

I have a very supportive wife and a handful (and growing) group of friends who know. I have been to local support groups in the past, but not in the past 5 years or so. I saw a therapist back in 2005-2006, but after about 18 months the decision was made by me that I wasn't going to seek transition so the expense of therapy wasn't really worth it, plus I was pretty much as well-adjusted mentally as any boy who likes to wear dresses can be. Of course I like the message boards because it allows me to rant and socialize pretty much whenever I want.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I talk to myself! and we both agree that we don't need any support or help.... its the only hobby that truly mine and mine alone!
    I have to agree with you Karen. For strictly unbiased and extremely intelligent conversation I talk to myself a lot also.

But seriously, I would like to have someone to talk to. I've made contact with a few CDers on this site but due to some health problems I haven't been able to follow through in establishing any type of relationship with them. My wife does not want anything to do with the fact I CD and I have no friends that I could talk to about this.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I'm quite happy to not have a SO. I do have a number of CD friends that I hang out with most every week, and a couple of CD friends who are very close friends. CDs are not very supportive by nature. On occasion I feel like I'm a one woman support group! I do like encouraging others, and being supportive fits right in with what I like to do most.[/SIZE]

i recently made a friend and was able to talk openly to her. about my dressing and sexuality. it was great until her husband felt uncomfortable about it. so now i have no contact with her. luckily i still have my sister who is amazing. also have close friend i have been talking to. its good to have someone to talk to. relieves alot of the stress that comes with being a part of the lgbt community.

Sorry Minalost, I can't talk to anyone about this.

I'm with Karren on this one! Me myself and I do it alone! If we don't agree sometimes I and myself let ''me'' win!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Do you have a supportive SO that helps with your make up and fashion choices?
    I have a wonderful supportive wife who helps me with choosing clothes. I also help choose her clothes. We each do our own makeup since she needs very little and I require quite a lot which demands different techniques.

Do you have a “girlfriend (in the non-sexual context),” GG or another CD, that helps paint your toe nails and goes shopping with you?
    Yes I do, a dear CD friend. No toenail painting, but we shop quite a bit together. Also dining, concerts, theatre, exhibitions, fairs, faires, and anything else we can think of to do! Having a CDer friend is wonderful since we each have a pretty good idea of what is going on inside the other's head. For example when I see a cute pair of shoes walking by I can comment on them without being afraid of being taken the wrong way.

Do you belong to a support group that meets on a regular schedule?
    Yes, a very nice group of CDing couples that meets monthly.

Is it a professional councilor or therapist?
    Nope. I'm happy with myself as I am.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I've been picking out my SO's clothes since we met 9 years ago. She does suggest things when we shop together. Useless with make-up tips though.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Have a wonderful supportive wife who helps with clothing and jewellery choices. She occasionally buys things for Anita. Accepting Anita took a bit of effort from her but she's a wonderful woman. Have a two support groups that meet monthly that I attend as often as possible. I am also seeing a counsellor as I try to determine when/if transition is appropriate for Anita. But other than the support group meetings Anita goes out alone. The wife is OK with Anita at home and OK if Anita goes out but she will not go out with Anita for fear that someone will recognize and I haven't gotten together with other girls in the area yet. Guess I will have to work on that next.

I'm fortunate that I'm not as alone as many others here but I must confess I do like my alone time sometimes.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Platinum Member
    Mi Mina, My wife is a DADT , So I'm all alone just me and a few thousand friends on this wonderful forum.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Do you have a supportive SO that helps with your make up and fashion choices?
    My wife knows, but doesn't want to actively participate. That being said she has purchased thing that I have asked her to get me.
    Do you have a “girlfriend (in the non-sexual context),” GG or another CD, that helps paint your toe nails and goes shopping with you?
    Yes, I have a few GG friends who are very helpful.
    Do you belong to a support group that meets on a regular schedule?
    This forum.
    Is it a professional councilor or therapist?
    Nope.

My wife and I are joined at the hip. She does up my dress zippers, and I paint her toenails.-Celeste

Platinum Member
    Mostly my wife, my favorite make up consultant, hair dresser, and last but not least, as Kaz said, the fine people on this site.

Nobody knows. Only this site knows about my feminine side. I hope to one day meet with other cders in my city.

I can only talk to my wife about my dressing. She is all I have for face to face discussions that even comes close to understanding me. I also have all of you wonderful people that I can talk which helps so very much. Thank you all. Hugs from Jeannie.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I have a supportive fiancee, but she's already said she won't paint my toenails for me. She does, however, look at my fashion and makeup choices and point out what does and doesn't work.

I've talked about finding a local support group, like maybe the Tau Sigma Kappa Tri-Ess chapter, but she'd rather I spend time with her. So I've put off that decision until after the first of the year, and maybe until March or so, when it'll start getting warmer and more conducive to going out.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016