Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: too much for me, I quit

No sarcasm intended: best of luck to you. I hope you can leave it all behind. If you actually figure out how to do it, please come back and leave a message for those of us who would love to follow you out.

I have said that so many times, purged so many times, and could never get away from it. Why? because it's part of who I am. You can't run from yourself. I wish you the best though, I really do.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

quitting is easy, I have done it a hundred times. Don't call it quitting call it a hiatus
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have been thinking about this all post night. Why not just quit? Quit trying to understand it, stop trying to explain it and stop trying to hide it.

Then again, I spent 30 mins in the shower and full body shave this afternoon, had an incredibly intimate and intense evening with my wife, and as I am writing this, I cannot wait to slip under the sheets tonight with freshly shaved legs.

Anything worth having is worth fighting for. Successful people do things that unsuccessful people aren't willing to do. That's probably why we are here.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MsMjSerene View Post
    Anyone remember that looney tunes cartoon with the sheep dog and wiley e coyote?
    The sheep dog is named sam i think, and he, of course, keeps catching the coyote.

In one scene they clock out at the end of the day and tell each other g'night, then it starts all over again the next day?

That sheep dog just keeps kickin ol' wiley e's butt, time after time, after time........after time.

In other words...see ya tomorrow.
    Hahahaa.. I remember that cartoon. So true

That sounds so familiar. I've purged so many times, only to go back and buy everything all over again and I'm right back where I was.

For me, this need comes in waves. I'm "normal" (whatever that is) for a while, but then I feel overwhelmed by the need to express the feminine side of myself before too long. I've noticed the waves have had shorter swells each time.

I understand your frustration, but you will probably return to this lifestyle at some point. I don't necessarily speak for everybody else here, but I'm sure we'll be here for you when you do. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-17-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote button at the bottom right of each post to put all your replys in one post.
    XOXO,

Bridget

Just try to understand,our desires with all things come and go and there's not always an explanation why.We may or may not understand why with the passage of time.But there's no reason to overreact,we can still keep things under control and give ourselves that "time" to better understand. I've questioned my reasons-motivations in the past and found I was putting myself through something I didn't have to..I don't have to be in a state of indecisiveness always and if the desires change periodically,I can be ok with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I QUIT. All this CD, TS, TG, whatever the hell it is - I QUIT. It’s too much to deal with. I thought I had it all figured out and now realize I don’t have anything at all figured out. So, I QUIT. Y’all can have it. I’m done.
    It doesn't go away, I'm sorry but it's just going to keep coming back.
    If it has become this stressful to deal with then maybe it's time to start seeing a therapist who specializes in gender identity issues.

That's not to imply you have gender identity issues, but a therapist will be more than equipped to help you with any TG issues you're having.

Anyone know if she is back yet?

I have quit before.

Never worked for me.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    I have quit before.

Never worked for me.
    Been there done that nearly drove me insane now I am sane at least I think I am

Aspiring Member
    Do what you feel you need to. If you can, store your girl things so when you start again you haven't wasted all the money.

Noticed I said "when"....I tried to purge over 45 years and it never worked.

Aspiring Member
    I know what u mean. All these labels. Sometimes u ask yourself are these really me? You might be able to simply rise and walk away from it. Some days I look in the closet and see all these lovely clothes I've collected thru the years and I go what's the point of it.

Just like it chose me all those years ago maybe just maybe one day it will decide on it's own to just leave me alone.

Sounds like so many purges I've done in my lifetime...

We'll keep the light on for you....if you're anything like us...you'll be back.

It's in the blood....

I stopped saying all that you said when I accepted myself and the fact that this is WHO I am and not WHAT I do....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Hon we all get frustrated. I have "attempted" to quit numerous times in the last 27 yrs. Needless to say it doesnt quit you. I have told myself Ill stop, I have thrown away many hundreds of dollars worth of cloths. I have lost a gf due to it. Well here I am just as much dressed as ever. Things get difficult but you need to keep your head up that is what we are here for. There are alot of gurls here that feel the same way. Talk to us if you need support.

I've found that trying too hard to categorize yourself is pointless at best, and counterproductive to self-understanding at worst. You need to realize that the majority of words that categorize people are far too simple-minded to use to describe yourself, or really anyone that you want to have more than a cursory understanding of. Categorizing people as being a specific descriptive noun is intellectually lazy, and was the cause of some really harmful discrimination practices throughout history. The less you do this, the better equipped you will be to understand other people and yourself.

I tried to "quit" many time as well. I found out it is like trying to quit being short. I just can't. I was never really happy until the day I finally accepted myself for what I am. Oh I suspected all along of what I was but was embarrassed by the thought. On the day I finally saw myself in the mirror fully dressed and made up it finally clicked. This is who I am and this is who I have always been. Yes I still have to keep it a secret but I feel happier now than I ever have because I no longer deny who I really am. I like being a girl.

Only one purge many many years ago. I love every concievable aspect of CD. Cannot get enough of it.
    Yes, I will admit, there are many frustrating times. Who cares if Rudolph cannot participate in anymore reindeer games. Leaves more times for living.

"YARD SALE" We will come buy your things, and then sell them back to you at cost when you return.

I've quit and purged about every two years for over a decade. It's really frustrating to have to start from scratch over and over. Acceptance broke this pattern. It seems once I came to terms with it myself, the whole CD experience heightened. I realize that everyone's experience with this matter is different, but I'm not aware of many that have been able to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I QUIT. All this CD, TS, TG, whatever the hell it is - I QUIT. It’s too much to deal with. I thought I had it all figured out and now realize I don’t have anything at all figured out. So, I QUIT. Y’all can have it. I’m done.
    If you can really quit, and be happy with that decision, for the rest of your life, and not become self-destructive - overeating, drinking, drugs, suicide - then God Bless You - and I wish you the happiest of all possible lives.

If you find that you are NOT happy with that decision, if you start to think self-destructive thoughts - I hope you will come back quickly. What matters most is that you are doing what is best for you.

Good fortune and happiness whichever way it goes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy G View Post
    I've quit and purged about every two years for over a decade. It's really frustrating to have to start from scratch over and over. Acceptance broke this pattern. It seems once I came to terms with it myself, the whole CD experience heightened. I realize that everyone's experience with this matter is different, but I'm not aware of many that have been able to drop it.
    Yeah, sometimes I feel no attachment to my Rubbermaid container of women's clothing and shoes, and would rather get rid of it and not have to explain it to anyone that might come across it. But experience has proven that I'll find myself back to excitedly putting together outfits from that container again.

I don't know what more I can add. I agree with so much of what has been said.

I suppose all I can do is a) wish you well and b) note that I'm just returning myself after a long hiatus. I understand. One's gone on vacation ... and one is back.

Love
    Susan

Nobody said being a CD is easy, for some it's harder than for others, Sorry your having a hard time with it, I've been at it for 50 + years and I haven't figured it out either.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Aspiring Member
    Like the rest of the group we all have at one time or another has tried to quit, purged it all only to have to go back out and buy more whether it was a few days later or a few years later. I myself will go a few days to a few weeks with out dressing but will always have a reminder of who I am. From having a hair free body to having nail polish on my toenails. The best thing I can say is to box it all up and put your stuff in storage, the urge will come back. You may be able to put it on the back burner so to speak but it will return and when it does it will stronger than before.

Being a CD almost always interferes with everything else in one's life. I wonder if through hypnosis one could give it all up? But then would you be losing a part of yourself? If you can just go thru one day without thinking about wearing female clothes...