Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone else think this today, or any other holiday?

Yes, hannah! When I am in the kitchen with the gals, I think, "Is this OK?"
    Better than OK. Normal!

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    Occasionally, I visit with my brothers but can only keep up with chat about movies or the dangerous subject of politics. I usually find myself hovering near my bride who knows of my condition, position, blessing????. But, I'm also not able to keep up with the women's conversation either (at least not publicly). The saddest thing is, I know where I fit in, I'm just not completely comfortable there yet.

Usually manage a good time anyways. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas (32 days to go) How time flies.

I feel that way, except it isn't in the realm of sports -- I'm actually quite comfortable there. It's when a group of men start discussing home improvements/repair and cars that I feel like an alien misfit no matter which group I'm with. In one group (men), I know nothing of what they speak and am decidedly uninterested in those topics. In the other (women), I know more than I should and want to know much more, but I can't reveal my interest.

As someone who isn't particularly interested in either sports or domestic activities it seems that the cause of my problem is myself.

Aspiring Member
    I'm not into sports if I had to pick it would be in the kitchen.

Aspiring Member
    It sure did happen to me too. There were two tables one with the women, the other with the men. hmm who to engage in? Like others posting, I can hold conversations in both arenas. I sat on the fence with one ear tuned in either direction.

If you have really accepted your own feelings and who you are as a person, you can fit in just about anywhere Hon. You don't have to lock yourself into a particular gender. When you extend yourself to others, you will find that everyone will appreciate you and enjoy your company. That is the way it works.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I excuse myself and carve the turkey, then I feign being interested in sports. So I can hang out in either room, but that's on account of two reasons. First, I'm a good actor, and secondly, I'm a blethering idiot and can't keep quiet.

I to resemble that cartoon. At the family gatherings on my side the women out number the men almost 3 to one. Lots of nieces that are not married yet.

On my wives side it is the other way around. Lots of testosterone.

I enjoy being with both groups.

I however really really enjoy being with all the women both places. I can handle being the macho guy, but I can only handle one team game event a day. After that my mind wanders to other things. Politics, current events, social concerns, and family are more enjoyable topics for me.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Silver Member
    Most of the time with the women. I do much of the cooking and the women want to know how I do it and watch.