Thread: My Odd CD Related Hobby

My Odd CD Related Hobby

Since I first started going out of the house dressed en femme, over 40 years ago, I have always worn female glasses, fake, sun, or perscription. For some rime now I have worn perscription progressive lenses in a cat's eye frame. Almost daily I frind myself looking at sites that feature this style in eyewear, maybe its a dumb way to waste time, but I love doing it. IMO glasses are a great fashion accessory for women, or at least can be.

I remember that when I first dressed enfemme at age 8 I ocassionally wore my mothers non perscription glasses, when she first needed glasses, circa 1960,I borrowed her spare pair which were silver cat's eye. I thought that I looked divens wearing them. My mother looked stunning wearing cat's eye frames or any other frame. She mainly wore cat's eyes, or later wire frames that werent cat's eyes. She was a brunette about 5'2" and between 90-100 lbs.

If I posted in the wrong section,will the moderators please move to the proper subject matter,

Thank You !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    I agree with you, in that glasses can be a great fashion accessory for a female outfit. Love a sexy pair of sunglasses either worn, or just propped up in the hair can look really nice.

I never thought about women's glasses until I needed reading glasses, now I have a few sets of them and I LOVE them! Even wore my sunglasses doing karaoke
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Love my rhinestone shades. I do like the cooler weather of winter, but I never get to wear my lady shades![/SIZE]

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    I simply wear big glasses when I've left it too late to put my eye make-up on ....but I have to get going or I'll be late for an appointment .
    Or, I'm just lazy !!
    Linda
    twitter : @ lindaesj

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I find nothing about it odd as they create another element you accessorize with. My past GF had 8 pairs of glasses, one to go with whatever outfit she was wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    I find nothing about it odd as they create another element you accessorize with. My past GF had 8 pairs of glasses, one to go with whatever outfit she was wearing.
    I don't that it is odd either, but I was lost for a title of my thread. Thank you for the post rachael.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For those of us who are blessed with less than perfect vision, glasses are a critical accessory that can make or break a look.

My daily glasses are a pair of librarian-style glasses that I wear in both boy and girl mode, but I have about a half dozen pairs of women's glasses, including a set of awesome 60s-style cateyes. I totally understand where you're coming from.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Arlene, Needed new glasses was buy one get one free. Got a pair of Bobs glasses, and a pair of Roberta's, When we went for adjustments the mens pair were adjusted and tech kept looking at other pair, went in back room talked with another tech , and fitted cat style very pretty ones on my mug, didnt say a word.Always wear them when shopping. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roberta,
    Darlin, its always great to read/hear of other girls who love cat's eyes frames. They are so chic...as are you !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hun, You were thinking of what to call your post, You could have called it" looking thru Rose colored glasses" but You are the ROSE, Huggs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    Since I first started going out of the house dressed en femme, over 40 years ago, I have always worn female glasses, fake, sun, or perscription. For some rime now I have worn perscription progressive lenses in a cat's eye frame. Almost daily I find myself looking at sites that feature this style in eyewear, maybe its a dumb way to waste time, but I love doing it. IMO glasses are a great fashion accessory for women, or at least can be
    I totally agree! The glasses add a component, in fact I am planning to add some pink glass frames to my wardrobe. The glasses seem to add perspective and composition to the face. I love the way they look, and it helps that I need them to see...

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Oh Wow, I thought I was the only one with an eyeglasses fetish instead of a shoe fetish. I have many different pairs reading and prescription. I have a fairly weak prescription and usually don't wear glasses in male mode, but do need reading glasses. Hugs Jaymee

Jaymees22,
    I love your choice in eye wear. I have been very nearsighted and now worse since age 11. Love your avatar darlin.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    i also find glasses to provide a great element to the look one is trying to achieve. I have two femme pairs, one man, and plan to get more.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Silver Member
    It is not strange at all, I like feminine glasses too. I have some femme glasses with clear lenses (I don't need glasses or reading glasses, yet...) I like to wear en femme; in fact, I think I look better with them. I would wear them all of the time when I am en femme, but I am always a bit reluctant since I worry some people who know me might think it is silly to wear them if I don't need glasses.

My favorites are the big Jackie O style frames that were popular from the 60s thru the 80s, which is what I wear mostly. I also like catseyes too.

I love big sunglasses, they help me with fifty percent of my face problems these days.
    Saves on makeup.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I switched to ladies frames 2 years ago - get lots of compliments on them regardless of how I am dressed (finally have the blue frames I was not allowed to get as a child)

I need to get a pair of ladies frames or at least unisex one I usually wear contacts en femme to get around my male looking glasses

When I go out fully dressed my wife like glasses on me the glasses seems to compliment the hair and makeup. Other than that I don't need to wear glasses, knock on wood!

Silver Member
    My ex-girlfriend felt the same way, she said the glasses really complemented hairdo and makeup and "completed" the look.