Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were you a small boy?

Were you a small boy?

I know this doesn't pertain to some of us. I know that some of us lament that we look like linebackers. And I sympathize.

But were you a small boy? I was. I was always undersized. And as a boy, that really stuck pins in my self-esteem. I was uncoordinated, too. So I was never able to dribble a basketball all that well. I couldn't hit a baseball all either. And while I could catch a football, throwing one was difficult because my hands were too small.....and so were my biceps.

I was always picked next-to-last when drawing up teams. I wasn't last, mind you. There was always one puny kid who got that honor. But I was right down there in the dregs when choosing sides. And like many smaller boys, I didn't fill out until later, either. When we were in gym class in junior high, many of the boys had "matured" while I remained pre-pubescent. Sure, it came along when it was supposed to, I guess, but by that time, I was already so lacking in self-esteem, I was sure that no girls would want me when there were so many bigger, stronger guys around to choose from.

I always took my solace in knowing I was smarter than most of my imagined rivals. I did well in school, even if I knew I'd never letter in football. I wasn't good at sports, but I was good at being a student. And I was also good at model railroading, building models, reading, writing, and an assortment of other things that are not benchmarks of manhood.

And then along came crossdressing. Yay! Now here was something I was good at! The clothes almost always fit me. And boy, were they ever cool! Way cooler than the dumb stuff available for boys to wear! Perhaps the many hits to my ego I'd already endured by this time were enough to make me think (or wish) I should have been a girl instead. But I took to crossdressing like a fish to water. After I'd experienced pantyhose for the first time, it couldn't have been more than a month or two before I was dressing completely from the neck on down. And I never quit.

I find myself wondering if my smaller stature when I was a boy had a lot to do with my becomming a crossdresser. Anyone else feel this way?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Yeah I was a boy and I sucked at everything boys do. I was an under achieving boy until I realized I was really a girl who was a tomboy and that perspective changed everything. So here I am today. On the surface a loving Grandpa but in reality a well accomplished loving Grandma. Works for me Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I was very small as a boy. But, I still did all the boy things and loved them. I would just go home sometimes and put on my sisters dresses.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

When I was young I was always the smallest one in the class. I was even smaller than the girls. I was always picked last for any games ...if I was even picked at all. I didn't care much for sports and usually played with the girls when they let me. I developed much slower than the other boys too. In grade school it wasn't much of a problem, but as I got older and found that for Phys ed classes I had to change and even shower in front of the other boys it became a problem. At 16 I looked like I was 10 and faced ridicule.

I do not think this effected my crossdressing because that started before I even went to school. I always knew I should have been a girl and somehow my body did too. I had no body hair until in my 20's, I never grew muscular like the other boys did either. Until adulthood when I got fat, I was always small. (even down there) I have found now that if I wanted to present as a girl all these things are not a curse after all, but a blessing. Less hair to remove, no need to tuck, when I lose weight I will look pretty good as I have a good hip to shoulder ratio.

Platinum Member
    Just the opposite. I was always among the tallest and heavy boned, as they used to say. I grew up in a rural community and was never bullied by anyone. The only teasing I endured was from my older brothers, but that slackened as I learned how to behave like a male. I'm not a giant, but I grew to 6'2" and near 240 my college playing weight.

So, no, it wasn't a matter of size. There's something going on with my wiring.

When I was in the 7th grade, I remember weighing 134 pounds. I wore what I called "Winchesters" when it came to pants. I had a 30 inch waist and a 30 inch inseam. Thus the 30-30.

I was not picked on. I was always among the first picked in gym class sports I was the second to the lightest boy on the football team. Played Offensive guard.

So far I'm the first one that can't say I was not as athletic as other boys or picked on or in any way having problems due to size or athletic ability. So it's not all of us that CD come from the same boyhood trials.

Kim was posting at the same time, so I'm not the first.
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 11-24-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: edit

I was and always have been small too, can fit into a size 8 with no problem and the same with shoes, it has helped me become the woman I always knew I was with sizing etc... the other men in my family were big boned so sometimes I do think I should have been born female with my body type. I do though feel bad for our bigger sisters though.

I was a small, slow developer. I too was the last picked for the team, and hated every second of phys.ed. Too make matters much worse, when I asked the phys.ed. teacher if there was any way out of participating, he said I could be a cheerleader. I didn't know he was being a smart ass, so I said I would like that. He left his office and announced to my whole class that I wanted to be a cheerleader, and did anybody have a skirt I could borrow.(I'm certain that nowadays that would be frowned upon, but not in 1972). To top that off, I was the only body-hairless boy in the showers. Luckily, that was the last semester of junior high. I transfered to a more distant H.S.
    Now, I'm thankful of being practically hairless. Except my eyebrows are practically non-existant.-Celeste

Mostly true for me as well (ball sports and me were not a good match)

When I was very young, I had pretty much the perfect situation for a crossdresser... I was small for my age (until I hit my growth spurt in high school) and, for the longest time, I was the PERFECT size to fit in my sister's old clothes.

As she grew out of skirts, tops, tights, etc my mom would bag them up and put them in the attic. The attic was reached through my bedroom. I had an endless supply of skirts, dresses, tights, leotards and pretty much anything else you can imagine. Until she stopped growing at about 5'7" and I passed her on my way to 6' and beyond.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Banned Read only
    Growing up I was never a big kid by weight, but, I was always tall. It was not until college that I started putting meat on my bones. I went from 6 foot 2 and 140 pounds to 175 pounds. I stayed at a 30 inch waist and 34 inch in seam for a long time. I always had stamina. As a kid I was always playing sports' baseball, football, roller hockey; basketball; all sorts of street ball; tree climbing. And, the principals of my elementary and junior high school knew me on a first name basis, which, was not a good thing. There were few girls in the neighborhood.

For the life of me I can never figure out why I became a cross dresser.

I was short and overweight. I'm still short.

[SIZE="3"]I was the tallest boy in my class from 1st through 7th grade in my medium-small rural school system. While not the greatest all-around athlete I was picked for the little league all-star team and hit a home run in our final game. All that, and I had a passion for crossdressing the whole time.[/SIZE]

I was one of the smaller kids in school, I was a skinny little geek :-) I wasn't very athletic and always got picked near the end of the line for gym class teams. I always hated showers at the end of gym class and tried to skip as many as I could. Kids can be so mean sometimes...

I was just an average boy, Not overly large, or alot smaller then the others, I was fairly strong but not coordinated at all, so sports never fit my very well at all. Although I was active in outside games with the other kids, I never relly felt like I fit in, and alot if time I was last to be picked for teams.

Kinda glad I got thru that stage of my life, Now I have accepted who I am, even if I am wearing a dress.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I can relate to the last boy picked for a team or not picked at all and it certainly destroyed my self esteem and made growing up hard. I am way over it now and readily admit that I suck a games that use a ball. I do think it help my dressing and probably helped me develop it in my pubescent years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Not small - I've been 5'8" since I was a senior in high school, and I wrestled at 150 that year. Played 3 sports and excelled at two of them. Never any doubt that I was a guy (although I was a guy who liked wearing girl's clothes).

I was a 98 pound weakling that loved interaction with girls.
    Hated boy sports and liked anything scientific and electronic.
    I made my first computer and still have it.
    Later in life I made a great part time girl.
    I was a chaperone to a group of girls once and to make me blend in I dressed as a girl for a week.
    The shortest week I ever spent.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I actually grew with the girls. In 5th and 6th grade I was the tallest kid in my class (I am still friends with the girl I "competed with" to be the tallest in the class photo), but then I stopped growing and everyone else caught up. Because of the rapid growth at a relatively young age, I was pretty uncoordinated and it took me a few years to catch up.

I tried a bunch of sports, and other than some baseball, I pretty much stuck with competitive speech and debate, what a surprise, right?

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Ummmm, yeah. Slightly.

I remember during my Senior year of High School, I enlisted. At the processing station I wat 70 inches and weighed 109 pounds (I know. I tried to gain! ). On my enlistment contract they crossed out the "Before reporting, you will lose X pounds" part and wrote in "gain." They wanted me to report at 120 pounds. Well, I reported at 112, but they took me anyway. Now I'm a much more robust 135-140.

Like others, I also was picked last - if at all. I was skinny. I was nerdy (hey, I said was!). I was in a program for the mentally gifted. In other words, I had seventeen strikes against me. You know what? I wouldn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I made my first computer and still have it.
    Hey, me too! It has 1K of memory. I also have my second - a Heathkit H8.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 11-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.

I was and still am pretty small. I'm about 5'8" 140. In high school I weighed around 115. I was never picked on, but my friends joked about it. I was always pretty good in sports. I don't really play a lot of sports now, except for golf, which I'm pretty good at. I'm holding down a 2 handicap now and played in my first state level tournament this year. I wouldn't mind being a little taller, just not muscular.

TGmarla: Although not the smallest kid I did hold the honor, all throughout elementary, middle and high school, as being the puny kid that got picked last.
    I couldn't see very well and word quickly got around that if the ball was thrown at me (dodgeball)It was almost, always going to hit me in the head and if the ball
    was hit in the air (baseball) I wouldn't see it until the last minute and it would drop, harmlessly, about ten feet from me. As I sit here writing this, I can
    remember every basketball basket I ever made, all purely by happenstance. So what!

I discovered crossdressing around the time (13) when other boys honed their athletic skills. Other than the birth of my two daughters, it has remained
    as my most individual and uplifting accomplishment to date. As K.lake stated before me, I wouldn't change a thing...dana

Damn dana! are you saying that the birth of a child is an individual accomplishment? Well, you know what I mean.........lol

Aspiring Member
    I recall being on the small side and very awkward. I wonder if I was drawn to feminity as an alternative to trying to be the boy my parens expected. I hit my growth spurt at puberty and finished 8th grade at 71 inches and 145 lbs. I gained another inch and 20 lbs in high school and that is where I stayed. Interestingly, the kids who used to bully me suddenly found respect for me as I took on a larger size and attitude to match, but I never left my nerdy friends and was always on the outside of the "cool crowd".
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

I was also a small boy. I also was never any good at sport I was good at mechanical things. I had very few friends, I was pretty much A loner spent most of my time by myself as I do now. I started dressing when I was in my young teens and at this moment have no intention of stopping. I am On Hrt how far I will take it only time will tell.
    Mistybtm

Like many others I was small and completely useless at any sports. Always picked last if at all. Upon occasion the teacher had to insist that someone take me, both sides would try to get out of it. Like others it didn't do a lot for my self-esteem. At some point I learned to play hopscotch, dual ropes jump-rope and jacks. Didn't make me any-more popular with the boys. In 2nd grade I was put in a special class for gifted readers. I loved (still do) to read. I was way better than trying to fit in.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog