Thread: Question for F2Ms about "T" hormone therapy - Does period stop?

Question for F2Ms about "T" hormone therapy - Does period stop?

I have a 19 year old friend who is considering Testosterone therapy.
    We are in a small town so there would be added travel costs once he starts to get access to qualified doctors to monitor his health along the way.

Though he was born with "female parts" I have treated him as a guy as long as I've known him. We are in a small town with few resources for accurate information and we both wonder about this because it's the thing he has most emotional difficulty dealing with:

1 Does the menstrual period stop? ( ie. Ovulation )

2 If yes, how long does it usually take for that to happen?

Thanks in advance to you guys who have taken T and ACTUALLY KNOW THE ANSWER lol

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Wrong forum, go up three to "Transmasculine". You'll find more FTM's there and plenty of answers via search.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Silver Member
    I'm not FTM, but my boyfriend and several of my friends are. I'm relaying what they've actually experienced, not something I read.

Yes, the periods do stop and the whole reproductive system basically shuts down and the uterus folds over itself and 'shrinks' and stuff. Supposedly everything goes back to normal if you stop taking testosterone, but we haven't tried that yet (we will when we want to have kids and find a sperm donor, heh). But while your on T, it's basically guaranteed birth control, lol. My BF never got pregnant before I got an orchie :P

There is usually one last period about a month into HRT and it's smooth sailing after that I think. I can't remember if it was worse, or better than a normal period. If I remember, I'll ask my BF when he wakes up.

Once your friend gets a prescription from a doc, a good pharmacy to check out is Stroheckers. They ship reliably, are pretty cheap, very helpful and include needles and alcohol wipes with the hormones. http://www.stroheckersrx.com

There aren't many FTMs around here, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions and I'll bug my BF if I don't know the answer :P
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 11-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Research before starting T. You have to be careful because cancer can be a problem with still having girlie parts still being there. When you go to a Doc. ask questions. Let them know if cancer is a big thing in your family. T can be a good think but it can also cause trouble with your body. I am not trying to scare you but research this and think about it before you use it. I want to use T but between cash flow problem and I need to work on getting healthier I am willing to wait.

Thanks everyone!