Thread: Baby Steps

Baby Steps

Saturday I was getting dressed. (My wife has stated her opposition to crossdressing.) I was putting on my "Life" men's bikinis. My wife stepped out of the bathroom, and I was concerned how she might feel about it, so I offered to change into boxers. She said, no, I like how you look in your PANTIES!! It felt so wonderful to hear her say that to me. We went and took our daughter and got our eyebrows waxed. She and the daughter had theirs done and she said to me, are you going to. get yours done too? We have been doing this for some time. I have pretty thick eyebrows, naturally, and used to pull them out when they were too long. She told me she'd rather I have them waxed so it doesn't leave big, ugly gaps! I was wearing a pink and grey striped shirt, I had bought at Goodwill, but was afraid to wear. She said the color looked really good on me. I was shocked. At the end of the day, she asked me if anyone had said anything to me about the shirt. Once again she said how much she liked the way it looked. It was a terrific day together. If only I could really let her know how much I enjoyed us three girls just being girls together!

Sounds like a great day!!!

Glad you were able to do something like that together. Sounds like she's coming around.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I love baby steps. That was my name when I first accepted myself and joined this forum. I know it is tough not to be able to include the wife, but by not pushing it, the daily activity (I hope, and you prove it) can be come acceptable. Please be sure to give your wife a great big hug from me, and stay the course.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Souinds like the baby steps are really working for you! Keep taking them and them pay off! Good luck!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Gold Member
    Sounds like you are getting to dress in small stages; Thats great.
    But please do not try to push to hard, the key is to go real slow.
    It seams to work better that way.
    Good luck.
    Rader

Baby steps is all we make at first. I think everyone starts there and slowly moves out of the comfort zone and then goes full out later down the lines. You made some great strides it sounds like and maybe your wife is coming around a bit. Don't push things though or it could have a reverse effect on you. Even though she may not be open to discussing things yet maybe you should go get her a gift, give her a kiss and thank her for a wonderful day. It won't travel into her comfort zone but it will send the message.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    Saturday I was getting dressed. (My wife has stated her opposition to crossdressing.) I was putting on my "Life" men's bikinis. My wife stepped out of the bathroom, and I was concerned how she might feel about it, so I offered to change into boxers. She said, no, I like how you look in your PANTIES!! It felt so wonderful to hear her say that to me. We went and took our daughter and got our eyebrows waxed. She and the daughter had theirs done and she said to me, are you going to. get yours done too? We have been doing this for some time. I have pretty thick eyebrows, naturally, and used to pull them out when they were too long. She told me she'd rather I have them waxed so it doesn't leave big, ugly gaps! I was wearing a pink and grey striped shirt, I had bought at Goodwill, but was afraid to wear. She said the color looked really good on me. I was shocked. At the end of the day, she asked me if anyone had said anything to me about the shirt. Once again she said how much she liked the way it looked. It was a terrific day together. If only I could really let her know how much I enjoyed us three girls just being girls together!
    It looks like you are going in the right direction. Take it at her pace and see how it goes. That's how I did it and am continuing to do it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    sounds like real progress to me. Let her know how much you enjoyed the weekend...you don't have to add it was like being a third girl...she already knows that.

Progress is progress

Just let her get used to things slowly and you will make progress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    If only I could really let her know how much I enjoyed us three girls just being girls together!
    What's wrong with letting her know? Just tell her so!

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement. Today I'm wearing a pair of slacks I picked up at the Goodwill. They are originally from Nordstroms. If you didn't know they were women's, you'd never know, but they're just a little nicer than my men's slacks. The pleats.on the front are a little closer and sharper. They fit just a little better. My wife complimented me on how nice they looked. I didn't tell her they were women's. I just told her thanks for the.compliment and how nice she looked this morning. The employees at Goodwill mix a hair amount of women's clothes in with the men's. So I guess technically I'm crossdressing today! Also I went to Sephora yesterday and had a makeover. It was great. The lady told me she likes working with guys as they are generally a lot easier to please and more open to help and suggestions. Thanks again.

Baby steps for two reasons, the first is go at a pace that we hope others accept. The second reason has to do with our own acceptance of who we are inside and our own feelings of doubt, and questions of our own sexuality and asking the question, "Is this really who I am?"

I think the key to allowing for "baby steps" too progress toward the person you are is to be open to those close to you and feel confident that they love "you" who ever that person appears to be on the outside, you are the same person they have come to love on the inside!

I think you are right, Jenny. When I came out of the mall and Sephora's yesterday, I had really mixed feelings. Part of me was scared. I didn't want guys to see me and give me grief. But I looked the ladies in the face and smiled and they either smiled back or just didn't seem to notice me. I was uneasy with myself. But I made it through and after a while I just enjoyed looking pretty. I had fun and grew more and more comfortable with MYSELF and being able to enjoy my femininity. I was sad when I had to wash it off and go back to drab. It felt so good just being my real self.
    Last edited by Davi; 11-27-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Good for you, it's always nice to hear when a girl can cross that line
    Formerly Lolisa