Thread: Exhausting!

Exhausting!

Am I the only one for whom shopping and trying to figure out different outfits is exhausting?

I spent a long time at goodwill pawing through lots of different things trying to figure out what I liked or what might work for me and came up with a couple maybes. None of them ended up working out.

Is it just that I have no idea how to put outfits together or what really looks good on me that makes it so tiring?

How do I figure out how to put outfits together? It doesn't feel like I've made any progress.
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

I like to look at what the girls are wearing, and look in catalogs and magazines to see what is popular/available. Then shop with an idea as to what I want. If I find something else that I like, I'll get it too, if I can afford it. This past week I went a little crazy shopping (in store and on line), and spent about two month's clothing allowance. But, if it's on sale and fits; ya gotta have it!

If you have the feel for it, it's really not skill so much as instinct. If you visualize the look and make it work for you, it usually will. It's not so much appearance as it is confidence.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Max, I understand! I have no imagination. I copy the looks I like with what I have or what I buy at the thrifts. Then, I look at the pics from that session. Sometimes they ROCK! Sometimes they SUCK!

The secret is buying enuff stuff cheaply so that u can put together most any outfit except the fashionista, runway model looks! Ha ha!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!