Thread: Out with large group of friends

Talking Out with large group of friends

I went to my monthly book discussion group meeting yesterday en femme. Several of the people had seen Rachel before, some were aware of her but had not yet met her, and then there were a few that I barely knew and hadn't told. Everybody was cool, and by the end of the evening, I was barely aware that I was dressed differently... Later that evening, a few of us went to another location for a more private hang out of closer friends. That was also a lot of fun! To top things off, I have been able to grow my hair out long enough, that when styled correctly, looks feminine, so I was able to forgo the wig (and will likely do so from now on, unless I want a particular style that I don't have the length for.)

Awesome! Love to hear of a good times being had. I always wished that I had the guts to wear my hair up when it was long. Enjoy.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GondorRachel View Post
    ...and by the end of the evening, I was barely aware that I was dressed differently...
    That's the magicial moment that I relish, the point of having an enjoyable time in one's chosen presentation without being worried about keeping up appearances.

Good for you!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Fantastic story GondorRachel! It must be great to have enough hair to not have to wear a wig!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

The more friends you have in a group around you, the less exposure you have, it is all shared around and people forget what you are and it is more relaxing.
    I find that situation a buzz even after many times in a larger group.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Rachel, And as you continue to be more at ease, your confindence will grow and you will blend in better and better. PS, you look lovely. Steph.
    Stephanie