Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The appeal of clothing previously worn/owned by a GG

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Do you, like me, find it more appealing to wear clothing that has previously been worn by a GG?

[SIZE="4"]No. I do love shopping at Value Village and Goodwill though. There's something about getting 3 tops and 2 skirts for less than $25 that makes me happy. Also altering a top or skirt that only cost $5 is no problem. If I mess it up, so what, it's only $5!

I often get stuff that has never been worn. The extra button is still sewn to the laundry instructions tag on the side seam. Getting something that's brand new makes the experience even better. If it's been worn, I've got to look for wear and tear.
    [/SIZE]

The appeal for me is in finding a bargain. If it is Pre-owned that's ok, but it holds no special interest to me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Odd this one has just come up cos a colleague at work was telling me that his wife had put some secondhand underwear on Ebay and they could,nt understand why but it had sold for a considerable sum of money and all the bidders appeared to be men.......gotta add I dont understand it either

I will buy used clothing if it looks good. I don't feel any connection to the woman that owned it prior to me.

I will never buy used undergarments, forget it. Skid Marks..... no way Jose

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCD View Post
    the appeal for me is YARD SALES....i've found many very nice dresses and blouses for a couple of bucks or less!
    I buy most of my things at thrift shops and yard sales. Yes for me it is appealing know that a gg had worn them before me, and my curves fit where hers used to fit. Jeans, slacks and casual clothes. One oops I had was, we had a yard sale at church once and found some nice shorts, jeans and other clothes. A short time later we had a clean up day at church and I wore a pair of the jeans I got, as luck would have it the girl that donated them, recognised the by a repair she made on a leg by the knee. She smiled and said they looked familiar

Do you, like me, find it more appealing to wear clothing that has previously been worn by a GG?
    I also shop at thrift stores to get more for my money. Since my mom and sister have both passed away I have some of their clothes and feel a little weird about it. But it's all part of my wardrobe, new, used, makes no difference as long as the fit and style are good. I've also acquired a few items that past girlfriends left behind. And once in a while I'll try to imagine what the previous owner of a 2nd hand article looked like. So I kind of see where the OP is coming from.

I don't particularly care one way or another about pre-ownership, and I certainly don't get a "charge" out of wearing something previously worn by a GG. If it fits and looks good on me I'm happy.

I do like sharing things with my wife, but I am just as happy when she wears something of mine as I am when I wear something of hers.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Consignment stores or nonprofits have really nice stuff! Brand names designer labels. I dont care if it was worn before if its in good shape now. Nice to have a $500 outfits for $20! Know your labels and shop careful

I like to buy all my clothes new. I'm OCD and a bit germophobic so I really don't like to imagine where used clothes have been. I don't make a distinction in my mind that my clothes are men's or women's, they are just my clothes in the same way that I am just me. The economy being the way it is I may not have the option of buying new forever so possibly I would prefer to wear clothes that had previously been owned by a woman over those owned by a man because women are apparantly much more hygienic. Now I have an image of myself turning up to work in a dress and pantyhose and if anybody made a comment I'd say 'Seriously, you expect me to wear some guy's used smeggy jeans instead of this?'

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Well, I used to. Cuz technically they are a man's clothes if I buy them new lol
    Now, I care more about FIT.

I think im a bit different here,I only like wearing brand new clothing ,not prevoiusely worn clothing

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Yes, I do.
    For me it has to be something nice and I can imagine the joy that the woman wearing it had at the time. Not for kinky reasons, but to know that a GG had enjoyed it as much as I do now. It is kind of like old tools and cars to me. It was loved and worked by the previous owner and my passion for this shows in the tools that I own and my dresses. Each one has a special purpose and meaning for me. Like how the dress has a missing snap or other imperfection. The same in old tools, how they were used, the wear marks, worn off paint and engravings on them.

New is good too, but it lacks any history to begin with. My first real complete outing as a woman would be nice in a new dress for my memories sake. A new beginning in a new dress.

Thanks for posting this thread.

Hugs,

For me, if I knew and admired, love, lusted after the woman that wore it before me, such as a girlfriend, or even a girl friend of my girlfriend or wife, then yes, it made that garment much more special. But just worn by any unknown woman does nothing for me.

Although I usually shop in thrift stores, the second hand thing doesn't bother me. Like someone said more bang for my buck. I will shop new if on clearance. Kohls is really good with their clearance things. I got a $129 dress for $8.80 once. Awsome deals.

On a side note though I have seen some thrift stores charge more than the price brand new.

No appeal whatsoever for me.

It doesn't affect me one way or another. I'm much more concerned about the fit and design of the piece.

On Hiatus
    Only if it's either A: Inexpensive and clean or B: Genuinely vintage in a cute way x]

This strongly implies that I REFUSE any type of direct-to-skin garment which is used. That's a big hell-no there. I will sometimes buy shoes used, but I'm very iffy about it and they must look like they were rarely worn previously (i.e. a pair of red Steve Madden pumps in a size 10 which looked new enough to imply that they were either bought and never worn or given as a gift in the wrong size, and, well, they would have ordinarily been more expensive than most of my skirts and jeans).
    Last edited by SarahMarie42; 01-24-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-