Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am concerned that some think I'm an imposter.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Di, I hope the others have turned your opinion around; you belong here as much as anyone. I, for one, believe you are what you say you are, a GG trying to be accepting and supportive of her CD husband, because my fiancee is like you; she is accepting, supportive, and encouraging of me. When I read postings by those CDs who have SOs who aren't like you or my fiancee, it makes me thank my lucky stars I have a woman like my fiancee in my life. I believe your husband thanks his lucky stars you are in his life.

You have not "failed him as a woman"; it's likely he would have the desire to dress independent of whether you were in his life or not, and it never goes away, no matter how hard he might try to wish it away. I know, because I've tried, and failed, to wish it away on several occasions. Now I've come to be more accepting of myself, knowing that my fiancee is accepting of me.

Non illegitimi carborundum, dear lady!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Aspiring Member
    Please stay. Everyone has said what needs to be said, no sense in repeating it. This forum is just a small subset of general society with all the different personalities. You just have to evaluate what is written and heed what you feel is pertinent.

I told my wife I was transsexual one month ago, and it's been rough. We are still together, we love each other more than ever, but it's a very difficult position to be put into. Your husband is a cross dresser, OK, so take your time and since you love each other I think you'll find acceptance at some level. You don't have to be comfortable to see him dressed or go out, you can do the "don't ask don't tell" and everything in between. It's up to you to find your comfort level.

Cheryl T had it right - Talk, talk, talk. My wife and I talk daily. We cry, and try to get through the day. Be happy your husband loves you as a man loves a woman. His CDing had not reflection on you, it's just an internal hard wiring that cannot be undone. Its possible that through his CDing that you two will have more in common and become closer. My wife and I are closer now, but we have other "problems" to work out.

So, I hope you stay. We need more GG's here as it helps all us married TG's as well as other wives.

Wife,

I am glad you chose to remain with us. I hope you are learning that just as insecurities are within you, they are also within all of us. Communication is the cure of insecurities, wether the ones between partners or society on the whole.

I just want you to know that I have learned things about myself and my wife from you and your posts, so thank you.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and encouragement.

Di

I too am realy glad you decided to stay around. We all know theres ppl out there that are jealous and will say anything to bring you down Never let them get to you just smile and wave lol.
    Renee

Di,
    I assume your name made people sit up and think.
    Mostly the younger ones would be suspicious.
    Wife does sound pointed. You can get it changed by a moderator when you think of something suitable.
    You probably did not ask the questions the way others here would have found acceptable.
    We all have to learn the best way of communicating with each other.
    Oldies, like yourself communicate with more forethought than younger ones who go bang! everytime someone lights a fuse.
    At least there is conversation about you even if you do not find it flattering.
    No one talks about me, not on the board anyway.
    Stay around see how others perceive you now that you are communicating more directly and you will find that suspicion disappears as well.
    You did ask fresh, new and interesting questions that some probably could not handle.
    There are a lot of oldies here, over 50 that will help you and I am sure the younger ones will come on board as well.
    The younger ones have a very different and fresh view on life and their values are so different from those that have been around for a few more years and are considered wiser.
    After this post I may be burnt at the stake or pilloried so take heart and stay and keep on asking.....
    Beverley.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    WIFE, [JMO of course] I think THE single most important thing at any Forum, regardless of the subject matter is to simply ignore attacks of any kind from anyone for any reason.

WHY? The one thing that is a constant at any Forum, [from 10+ years] is that few folks will ever change their mind, opinion or stance on matters regardless of their age. MOST will read little beyond the Q box if at all, and rarely will you see anyone apologize to another. Or admit they were wrong or way off base. It's normally caused by people too lazy/unwilling to read an OP or other responders or they take excessive liberty with reading between the lines.

Any Forum is like a buffet line. Take what you like and ignore the rest.

And just because MOST people do it, doesn't mean YOU are under any obligation to "defend yourself".

I'm really glad to read your posts. Please stay. You are a breath of fresh air and a wonderful, well, WIFE!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by WIFE View Post
    Part of me feels like I have failed as a woman also, that he needs this outlet.

Di
    Please understand this. The seeds of crossdressing/transgenderism were sewn LONG before you ever knew your husband. These things don't happen overnight. They were always there, but a lot of factors go into when our other sides start to manifest themselves. While you do have a major role in what happens in the future, how you and your husband got to this point has nothing to do with you.

You know, In the big picture of things, those people that are critical, or what others would call "Jerks" are really a good thing for us to deal with here in the forum because we all know they are out in the real world. By seeing them here it better prepares us for life in the real world when we encounter them.

There will always be a few bad apples in the bunch. Don't let them scare you off.
    I have been here for several years now. this truely is a great forum.
    I hope you will stick around and get the support you need from the great members here.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    Many forums allow you to ignore posts from individual members, as far as I know there is no way to do that on this forum
    Click on their name, click View Profile, click Add to Ignore List.
    When you see your ship go sailing...

I personally find it most helpfull and refreshing to have the input of a GG/GW when it comes to the conservation of being CD! I've been to another website / forum for "Wives of CD's" Hostile isn't even the word I would begin to use, (Didn't post, just lurked and read). As a retired United States Marine Gunnery Sergeant and Combat Vet? I'd take another 13 month tour in the Middle East than go there!

We NEED you here, and your input isn't only valuable ~ but INVALUABLE!

And please don't hold back expressing your feelings, ambvience, and need to vent about anything. We here need to hear ~ and want to hear your valuable imput!
    Last edited by Dana3; 12-02-2012 at 11:15 PM.