Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting hubby a nightgown, need a little bit of help.

Thinking of getting hubby a nightgown, need a little bit of help.

My hubby is a CD'r, but only dresses in our home now. I'm thinking of getting him a nightgown for Christmas. This will be the first gift I've given him for CD'ing in 20 years of marriage. I want to make him happy, I really do.

So I picked out this nightgown because it doesn't accentuate the breasts much, but is also in soft silky material that I think he likes.

The size though...right now he's a 1X in mens shirts, so would I probably have to get him a 2X in this woman's nightie? I thought maybe some of you would have more knowledge on how the sizes transfers between male and females.

Thanks!!

Di

I tried to attach a picture, but it won't work. Suffice it to say it's a black baby doll nightie with sort of a peasant top neckline. I'll try to put the link in here one more time:

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/...Type=G&pref=ps
    Last edited by WIFE GG/SO; 11-30-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Sizing with womens tops is always very tricky. I'm between a L and 1X in button down shirts, and always a 1x in tshirts and polos. I wear a 43 suit coat, to give you reference. In nightgowns, I usually by a 1X. If its more form fitting, I'll go a 2X (also my bra is a 40B (with forms)) In womens shirts, I get a 16 or 18 (shoulders) or a 1x normally. If they are streachy, I can even fit L. I don't wear forms when I sleep, so I often wear a chemis that does not have formed cups, and of course go for the lace trimed but satiny fabric because thats what feels the sexiest. Hope this helps. The fit of the one you are showing should do well as a 1X.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Sorry, I can't help you with sizes. I know what works for me, but that's it. Good for you, though, that you feel comfortable enough to buy your husband a nightgown. My wonderful wife is still miles from doing that.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I would love it if my fiancee bought me a nightgown for Christmas.

May I suggest http://www.shadowlinelingerie.com/pr...2FSIZE%2FCOLOR

The only reason I suggest an alternative as I need a more substantial strap as I tend to be hard on spaghetti straps. I wear a men's xl and wear a women's 3x. Like your choice it doe snot accentuate the breasts.

I think that's a really thoughtful and selfless thing to do for your husband. Whether it's a style he likes or not, I'm betting that this gift will mean more to him than just about anything else you've ever gotten him. However, you've already said that you fear the slippery slope he seems to be on. Your getting him this nightie may well rubber-stamp his behavior, and he may intensify his crossdressing if he feels that you're giving him the green light.

But I still think it's wonderful of you to do this for him.

Sizing.....I can't help you. Do you know his measurements or his dress size? I'm 5'9", about 165 lbs, and I fit into a size 10-12 rather nicely.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    My guess he'll love the nightie. Are you going for the black or the red.

I can't help you with the size I haven't found much uniformity even within individual brands. I have two skirts that only differ in color, both size 14, one fits perfectly and the other is too tight.

Platinum Member
    Hi Di,

I've been surprised to find that my measurements in tops aren't all that far off in womens. I wear a 2xl shirt and have found that some 2x women's tops are too big for me. But then I'm on the borderline betwen 1x and 2x in men's too. I just need the shoulders and the sleeve length.

I'm 6'2", wear a 44L sport coat and I'm perfectly happy in my xl nighties.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Hi Di,
    Your choice of nightgown is perfect. Your a great wife.
    Thanks you, and Merry Christmas.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

My rule of thumb has always been subtract 21 from my waist to get my skirt or slack size.... add a couple for dress size since men are larger on top than bottom.... once you get the dress size then you can look up where that falls.... www.womenssizechart.com is a good resource....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wife, nice choice for a gift, and yes I have found that in most things, I take one size larger in womens section than I do in the mens section. 1X mens would mean 2 X womens. That works most of the time, although cut and style can make a difference.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    What I do is to go to the retailer's site and see if they post a size chart. The size chart is going to be fairly accurate. Take your man's chest size and waist size and compare it to the women's size chart. It should work fine, especially with a cut on the nightie which does not cling to the body. Flowing nighties do not have to be exact in the waist and hips.

When I buy nighties for my wife, I ALWAYS buy a color matching nightie if one does not come with the nightie. The salesclerks usually comment on that it a positive manner, since there is always an element of leakage. The panty also gives an element of sensual feel to the male's private parts.

For Valentine's Day, if it works now for Christmas, I recommend getting him a floor length nightgown/ensemble; nightgown with a matching wrap. The short nighties have a tendency to ride up while sleeping (another reason for the matching panty.)

Have fun with your lucky guy!

I don't know if you need to go to the 2X size. I bought a penoir set called the Amoureuse from One Stop Plus I bought 1X and I have a lot of room in it. They seem to fit very loose.

Tops seem to be 2 times larger. ie med mens, XL womens. So 1X mens, 3X womens. Sometimes you can get a size smaller but it can be uncomfortable
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

"One other problem...every since he started shaving his legs and armpits I've found that I cannot seem to participate sexually with him. It is a turn off for me. I've tried to talk myself out of feeling this way, but those smooth legs and arms just bother me sexually. I am attracted to manly men, and this is so feminine. I don't like it."

I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a wife that has known for sometime her SO crosses, dislikes her SO shaving, fearful it may escalate, is attracted to manly men would seek advice on the purchase of a nightgown...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCD View Post

I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a wife that has known for sometime her SO crosses, dislikes her SO shaving, fearful it may escalate, is attracted to manly men would seek advice on the purchase of a nightgown...
    Let me try and help.
    night·gown
    noun \-ˌgau̇n\
    Definition of NIGHTGOWN
    archaic : dressing gown
    : a loose garment for wear in bed
    It does not have to be sexual. Many men get this confused. They think that anything they buy their SO to wear to bed must have some sexual connotation. Thus the number of impractical items of nightwear in the drawer that are never worn

Point number 2, WIFE is trying to work WITH her hubby on this and is trying to be accepting.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Ive found out that sizes do vary by maker. Hes gonna be estatic to open that present. Like a kid in the candy store. I give you a big hug for that. If anything if it doesnt fit. it gives you both the chance to take it and return it. May help loosen her up in pubkic to wear you both can have some fun in the lingerie dept. My way of trying the size is to grab the item just around the bust on both sides then hold up against the breast area and see if it goes to the sides equally just under the pit area.
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCD View Post
    "One other problem...every since he started shaving his legs and armpits I've found that I cannot seem to participate sexually with him. It is a turn off for me. I've tried to talk myself out of feeling this way, but those smooth legs and arms just bother me sexually. I am attracted to manly men, and this is so feminine. I don't like it."

Above all else, I want him to be happy, to be contented. He has told me that dressing in woman's undies and nylons bring him comfort. My husband is a hard working, working 60 hours per week at a high stress job. If I can bring him some small comfort by giving him a nightgown to wear, it is worth it to me. What happens in our home I can handle...I don't think I could handle him going out of the house fully dressed though.

Di

Johnnycd, you don't recognize a spouse trying to bridge the gap between her feelings and her husband's? She deserves support, not petty questions designed to create conflict!

In answer to the question, women's sizing tends to be one larger than men's. I wear M in men's T shirts and a L in women's tops.

My wife Mimi and I enjoy having matching nightgowns. It's a little thing that has brought us a bit closer.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Johnnycd, you don't recognize a spouse trying to bridge the gap between her feelings and her husband's? She deserves support, not petty questions designed to create conflict!

In answer to the question, women's sizing tends to be one larger than men's. I wear M in men's T shirts and a L in women's tops.

My wife Mimi and I enjoy having matching nightgowns. It's a little thing that has brought us a bit closer.

I didn't ask a question, I made a statement. and I am not trying to create conflict, I'm expressing concern someone is possibly playing on our hope of a supportive SO embracing our dressing and while using it so gain attention..we all need attention and I realize that, but more than most are in the closet and are sparked at the interest a possible SO's acceptance..

Been hurt before by people playing mind games....call me cautious!

The brand you're buying has different sizing than other stuff at woman within; I purchased this in 1x size: http://www.womanwithin.com//clothing...pc&rec=Certona
    and it fits a 46 to 48 inch chest, snugly, but it's sort of elastic and made to be worn that way up top. That might give you some idea of sizing with that company. I'm pretty big, so the concept of me fitting into a 1x woman's anything is rather surprising. I also wear most of their other intimate items in a 1x. The biggest issue I have when purchasing female tops is the sleeves and armholes by the shoulders; most are just too tight. Guess I shouldn't have spent so much time weightlifting.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gold Member
    Wife;
    I would go for the 2 X size, a little large fits better than a skin tight nightgown.
    I just know you will get some extra Hugs on Christmas Morning.
    Rader

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    One thing to watch out for is length. In general, men tend to have longer torsos and shorter legs then women, so items designed to fall just below the crotch on women might be too revealing to wear around the house on a male.

The nightgown that I wear the most in practice is similar to this one, but with briefer sleeves (and has a leg slit). Unfortunately the exact item I bought (from that company) was being discontinued even as I bought it.

Probably easier for you to examine ahead of time would be something from Calvin Klein's sleepware collection. I bought the 3/4 length one, which is "tunic length" on me (I am 6' tall) -- that is, propriety is observed if it is all the way down, but if one is sitting casually or facing someone with one's legs happen to be a bit apart, then it might be too short. I haven't worn mine yet.

Wife what an awesome pressy I'm sure he will be over the Moon, I know I would be, I must say you know the way to his heart so carry on it feels so good when someone loves you the way you are and wants to make you happy

Because I have a large shoulders, I usually wear L or XL (Size 14) tops in women's size but I am a 10/12 in skirt sizes. My Bra size is 42 B/C and I am 5'6" and 170lbs. I am so grateful to you for supporting your husband. He is a very lucky gal to have a loving and understanding wife like you. Make him take you out for all your patience/love and understanding with him

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I second, third and fourth this! You are not making many friends here Johnnyc. Did you have a wife or girlfriend leave you over your cross dressing? It sure seems like you are very bitter toward any GG that accepts or is trying hard to accept.

Wife, I'd go for the 2X too. There is a lot of wiggle room when wearing a simple nightgown. But I'd rather it be a bit to large than to small or tight.

And how loving and thoughtful of you!